Traveling through one of the continents with the richest history in the world is a must-do and a must-share! Visiting Berlin, Paris, and London is a thrilling experience that doesn’t just offer history and culture but also nightlife and entertainment. To be able to get around and have fun you need a Mobile internet connection in Europe.
The eSIM is easy to buy and even easier to set up. Get it online anywhere!
If you don’t know anything about eSIMs, don’t worry: we’ll explain everything you need to know including their features, requirements, and prices. So, you can use your cell phone in Europe without any worries.
- 1 What you should know about the eSIM Europe card:
- 2 Mobile eSIM card providers to traveling to Europe
- 3 European countries included
- 4 Rates and data plans from best eSIM providers for travel to Europe
- 5 Comparison of best eSIM providers for Europe
- 6 What is the best eSIM for Europe?
- 7 Features of eSIMs for travel to Europe
- 8 eSIM coverage for travel to Europe
- 9 Local cellphone providers offering eSIM in Europe
- 10 Frequently asked questions about eSIM in Europe
- 11 eSIM for european countries
What you should know about the eSIM Europe card:
You must keep in mind that there are certain requirements to comply with for the eSIM to work on your phone, so keep reading below and keep this information in mind before buying. In case you don’t meet these requirements you can always get a Europe SIM card.
- Your cell phone must be compatible with eSIM and check that your cell phone is also supported by the carrier or eSIM card provider. The iPhone XR and later models are compatible with most providers.
- You need an email address so you can receive your eSIM.
- It’s important you have an internet connection to activate your eSIM. Your eSIM profile will be downloaded from the provider after scanning the QR code or installation code.
- Some providers will ask you to install their app to download the eSIM.
Mobile eSIM card providers to traveling to Europe
If you have a compatible phone, you will be able to purchase and activate a Europe eSIM card. If you don’t, you can also buy a Europe SIM card with either 10GB or 12GB of data. Take a look at the list below with companies that sell international eSIM cards.
- Au by KDDI
European countries included
European countries: the United Kingdom, Aland Islands, Austria, Azores, Balearic Islands, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland. Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion, Romania, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Martin, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Netherlands, Vatican City, Turkey, and Switzerland.
Note: please check the included countries with customer service.
Rates and data plans from best eSIM providers for travel to Europe
Pay close attention to the prices of each provider so you can choose the one that suits you best. The plans we have listed are for eSIM Europe cards.
Holafly unlimited data plans and prices in Europe:
- Unlimited data for 5 days at $19 USD
- Unlimited data for 15 days at $47 USD
- Unlimited data for 30 days at $64 USD
- Unlimited data for 90 days at $99 USD
Au by KDDI rates and prices for Europe:
- 5GB for 30 days at $53.01 USD
- 8GB for 30 days at $81.31 USD
Flexiroam plans and rates in Europe:
- 500MB for 30 days at $25 USD
- 1GB for 90 days at $34.99 USD
- 2GB for 100 days at $64.99 USD
- 3GB for 360 days at $114.99 USD
Comparison of best eSIM providers for Europe
|Provider||Data||Days||Price (USD)||Support||Sales channels|
|Holafly||Unlimited data plan||5||$19||Spanish, English, German, French||Web|
|Holafly||Unlimited data plan||15||$47||Spanish, English, German, French||Web|
|Holafly||Unlimited data plan||30||$64||Spanish, English, German, French||Web|
|Holafly||Unlimited data plan||90||$99||Spanish, English, German, French||Web|
|Au by KDDI||5GB||30||$53.01||English, Portuguese||App Store, Google Play|
|Au by KDDI||8GB||30||$81.31||English, Portuguese||App Store, Google Play|
What is the best eSIM for Europe?
Having considered all the options, Holafly is the best eSIM provider for Europe. It’s an unlimited data eSIM that offers several different deals depending on your needs.
What makes Holafly the best choice for your travels to Europe?
- Unlimited mobile data – eSIMs include unlimited mobile data. Prices from $1.00 to $3.80/day.
- Instant delivery! – no waiting around, just scan the QR code sent to your email and you’ll be able to connect right away!
- Keep your WhatsApp number – you’ll have keep all your current contacts and conversations even with a new SIM card
- Easy to use – it’s simple to set up a Holafly eSIM, but if you have any problems just contact their 24-hour customer support team.
Features of eSIMs for travel to Europe
eSIMs are different from physical SIMs. Here’s what you need to know about eSIM cards for Europe:
- Just data. Most eSIM cards do not offer cellphone calls. if you need to call someone we recommend using apps such as Skype or WhatsApp.
- Remember, an eSIM can be installed only once, so if you have any issues with your eSIM card don’t remove it from your mobile, instead contact your eSIM provider.
- Some eSIMs set up automatic APNs.
- You can add several data plans on your iPhone, this depends on the available memory, although it is only possible to use one at a time.
- With your dual sim iPhone, you can keep your local SIM when you travel to Europe but remember to configure your iPhone to avoid surprise bills later on!
eSIM coverage for travel to Europe
International eSIM provider coverage is very important to consider beforehand. Bear in mind that sometimes cheap eSIM cards have poor coverage. The eSIM cards that will offer you the best network coverage on your trip to Europe are those that have the most roaming agreements with the main eSIM carriers such as Movistar, Vodafone, Orange, or Yoigo. See below the coverage map for main operators.
Movistar 3G coverage map in Europe
Vodaphone 3G coverage map in Europe
Orange 3G coverage map in Europe
Local cellphone providers offering eSIM in Europe
Did you know? The continent with the highest concentration of countries with the fastest internet connections in the world is Europe!
The eSIM provides most of the features as traditional SIM cards, like the mini-SIM, nano-SIM, or micro-SIM.
See the below list for European cellphone operators that have enabled eSIM technology for their users. You should remember that these are not intended for travelers, although there are exceptions.
Frequently asked questions about eSIM in Europe
See frequently asked questions you might have before purchasing your eSIM to travel to Europe.
It is not necessary to present a passport, but some suppliers do require your address.
No, the eSIM for Europe does not allow you to share data.
Install the eSIM with a QR code from your email, chose it as the default mobile data medium, turn on mobile data and data roaming, and your virtual SIM will work. Contact the company for more advice.
Yes, just like physical cards, virtual SIM cards also have an expiration date.