Being connected to the internet wherever and whenever is one of the promises Gigsky makes to its users, whether you are a business agent abroad, a tourist, or a company, this company based in the American West (CA) provides its users with different technological products for international telecommunications in IOS, Android, iPad OS, Windows, business, internet of things and M2M technologies.
The first organizations allied with GigSky were Apple and Norwegian Air Lines, Apple began to provide access to GigSky service for cellphones and Ipads via Apple Sim and Norwegian Airlines gave way to GigSky via GigSky Service at the end of 2013 with EFB products.
What is GigSky?
GigSky is a cell phone company based in Palo Alto, CA. They facilitate and streamline cellular connectivity by offering global service worldwide with SIM and eSIM cards. They have been expanding their locations for years in order to enhance the user experience and show proximity.
They have a team of highly qualified executives and engineers who are dedicated to innovating the cellular telephony sector. Why is that? Quite simply, their goal is to always stay at the forefront of technology, offering good services that have no problems and that comparatively provide a differential value over the competition.
On GigSky’s website you can see that among its features they want to highlight:
- Better user experiences
- Easy use
- Economically accessible
- Meets user needs
- Always forefront with clients
Reviews about Gigsky eSIM
In this section, we tell you different reviews about how Gigsky works from users who have used it around the world.
- Good service, good signal, your app is very easy to use, no hiccups.
- Excellent service, I highly recommend it.
- Good service, I accidentally bought the wrong plan, they refunded me immediately and then I chose the right plan. I have never used the service until now but the customer support is excellent.
- I love my Gigsky hotspot. The use of their services was uninterrupted, continuous. I hope something like this I would have had years ago. If I tell you more about their services, their service is in addition to their other good products, in addition to their excellent products their service is second to none. They respond virtually instantly.
- The connection I had in Thailand was poor, located in a bar most of the people around me who had bought local SIMs had LTE all the time. It was convenient my eSIM but the price of a local SIM with a similar plan cost eight times less, I expected a better signal.
- It did not work on my TP link M7350 mobile WIFI as I have described on this site. Support is inefficient, and they refuse refund even though I always showed evidence that the chip did not work.
Gisky products and services: Gisky eSIM
New Simless GigSky platform
This platform is designed to create, deploy and manage eSIM-enabled products. The eSIM service currently allows you to connect to the internet or receive calls with your regular phone service provider, but what if we add new technology to what is already offered on a regular basis?
The platform aims to offer a service full of possibilities: eSIM provisioning, remote management, customizable applications, access to the global cellular network, etc.
If we go a little deeper and show the more technical part of the project we find the following features:
- Strategic partnerships with chip and module manufacturers to support designs with eSIM modules in removable (1FF, 2FF, 3FF, 4FF) or solderable (WLCSP, MFF2) form factors.
- Embedded eSIM firmware in secure memory for popular SoC designs, eliminating the need for eUICC hardware.
- Proprietary technology and support for industry iUICC/iSSP/iSIM-related standards efforts.
- Trusted partner to help “future-proof” your design with technology that spans the entire SIM card evolution.
- Support for GSMA SGP.02 specifications for M2M devices and SGP.22 specifications for consumer devices.
- Customizable proxy agent integrated in the device to exchange commands remotely with the eSIM module.
- Full lifecycle management of eSIM profiles, including remote provisioning via push or pull mode.
- Network access profiles with affordable and reliable 2G, 3G and 4G LTE coverage in more than 180 countries and territories.
- Connectivity applications to provide an unmatched experience for users while streamlining the billing process.
- You’ll be able to choose a proven connectivity partner with solutions already deployed on a variety of devices, from the largest consumer device manufacturers to major airlines.
- Your devices will connect to cellular networks anywhere in the world without Wi-Fi access for subscription management (e.g. eSIM profile download).
- Manage connectivity through a web portal that gives you granular control of startup profiles, including cost management, a rules engine for data usage, as well as alerts and notifications to keep you on top of data usage.
How GigSky works
This California company highlights 7 fundamental points by which they want to position themselves in the market and try to differentiate themselves from the competition in order to gain notoriety and trust among users:
GigSky Multi-IMSI technology
GigSky SIM uses on-demand (over-the-air) remote SIM switching of network credentials with multi-IMSI technology for multiple cellular networks to provide reliable global connectivity (180+ countries/regions).
SIM policy management
GigSky allows administrators granular control of GigSky SIM cards through the GigSky Enterprise Manager. Administrators can add, enable and disable SIMs. There are additional features for SIM cost management, using a rules engine for data usage, as well as alerts and notifications to keep track of data usage.
Network policy management
GigSky has added network connectivity features for advanced network management. They can support virtual private networks (VPN), virtual APN service, and URL filtering (blacklisting/whitelisting) to control SIM network usage.
SIM solution for the global enterprise
The GigSky solution is easy to implement, flexible in its operation, and scalable according to demand. Its goal is to make the service reliable and cost-effective as well as powerful.
The Network Operations Center (NOC) is managed 24/7 by a dedicated engineering team. By proactively monitoring, troubleshooting, and managing GigSky’s Core Networks, they maximize network performance so that network issues cause minimal impact to customers.
Intuitive user interface
Controlling your GigSky connected devices globally is very simple. Administrators have full control to manage all enabled SIMs in their organization.
GigSky operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (in English), with a well-defined multi-tiered escalation process to respond efficiently and quickly to customer support needs. The experts on the Enterprise Support team are trained and ready to respond to needs around the world.
How much does GigSky eSIM cost?
GigSky offers data plans in over 180 countries worldwide. All data plans connect to top tier 4G LTE/3G cellular networks. When you arrive at your destination and want to check email, send a message or call a family member, you can purchase a data plan for as long as you need.
If we compare the prices of the different continents, we will see that some options are interesting but others are more expensive. Let’s show the prices of the different plans for the iPhone XS and XR:
|Zone||Tariff 1||Tariff 2||Tariff 3||Tariff 4||Tariff 5|
|North America||1 day 800MB 10$||15 days 1GB 20$||15 days 2GB 30$||30 days 5GB 50$|
|Europe||1 day 800MB 10$||15 days 1GB 20$||15 days 2GB 30$||30 days 5GB 50$|
|Asia/Pacific||1 day 800MB 10$||15 days 1GB 20$||15 days 2GB 30$||30 days 5GB 50$|
|Dutch Caribbean||1 day 50MB 10$||15 days 100MB 15$||15 days 150MB 20$||15 days 300MB 30$||30 days 750MB 50$|
|Caribbean||1 day 50MB 10$||15 days 250MB 15$||15 days 500MB 20$||15 days 1GB 30$||30 days 30GB 50$|
|Latin America||1 day 800MB 10$||15 days 1GB 20$||15 days 2GB 30$||30 days 5GB 50$|
|Central Asia/Africa||1 day 100MB 10$||15 days 200MB 15$||15 days 300MB 20$||15 days 500MB 30$||30 days 1GB 50$|
Gigsky eSIM features
- Accessibility: Purchase from the official site.
- Top up: Allows you to top-up the plan from the web when the balance runs out.
- Installation: Directly from the app
- Flexibility: Allows you to have several plans from one profile.
- Compatibility: The application or app detects whether your cellphone is compatible or not.
- Hotspot or data sharing: Access enabled
How to get Gigsky’s eSIM
Please note that if you are purchasing a data plan for a country within the region you are currently in, or a worldwide plan, do not activate the eSIM while in your home country.
The eSIM will connect and start using data and the countdown will begin.
- Log into your GigSky application.
- The screen should display the maps of the location you are currently in.
- At the top of the screen, click on the destination country.
- In the search bar, type in the destination country.
- The available plans for that country will be displayed, tap Buy Now for the plan you want to purchase (you can swipe left or right to see additional plans for the country, region and worldwide plans).
- Touch Buy plan.
- Tap Continue.
- Your plan has been purchased.
How do I add more data to the eSIM?
- Log into the GigSky application.
- The current plan being used should appear and show you the status of the plan.
- Select the plan you wish to purchase.
- Click on Reload.
- Click Buy plan.
- The plan should now be added.
Gigsky eSIM compatible devices
GigSky states that its eSIM is compatible with most devices that support this technology. This also includes Samsung, Huawei, and Motorola phones, which are not shown in the list below:
- iPhone 11 or higher.
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone XR
- Google Pixel 3 and above.
- iPad Pro 11 inches
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch ( third generation)
- iPad Air (third generation)
- iPad (seventh generation)
- iPad Mini (fifth generation)
- Acer Swift 7 Laptop SF713-51-M51W
- ASUS LTE eSIM enabled devices
- HP LTE eSIM enabled devices
- Surface Pro LTE enabled
- Surface Pro X
- Lenovo/Yoga C630
What services Gigsky offers
GigSky’s eSIM like Truphone’s eSIM is offered to a variety of services intended for travelers or companies that are multinational and need an internet connection for their employees around the world. GigSky’s services are as follows:
Gigsky for business
International connections and SIM management.
Global Internet connectivity solutions according to the needs of your organization at destination is one of the offerings available from GigSky.
What does it include?
- Global data plans
- Gigsky management of global networks.
- Autonomous SIM management.
- 2g, 3g, 4g and LTE connection via cellular technology.
- Compatible with all types of devices, versions and end locations.
- Over-the-air remote switching technology.
- Connection in more than 200 countries.
Gigsky IOT ( internet of things ) and M2M.
Within the Gigsky IoT platform, the feature-rich platform-as-a-service offering has everything you need to manage either a SIM or eSIM product from the moment you buy it, remote administration, customizable applications, access to the global cellular network, and more.
However, some countries, such as the United States, are independent in terms of individual plans.
Choose by region
In case you want to make a vacation tour or you are someone in charge of dealing with international business in certain regions, regional plans are the best option for you.
Choose global destination
The products with global coverage have a wide range of countries available, this plan shown in the image is the only global plan for IOS, there are 116 countries in which you will have coverage with 5GB for 30 days.
Destinations included in GigSky eSIM
GigSky’s eSIM technology can be used in more than 180 countries, we will make several lists to show the most visited countries to differentiate the areas of the world covered by GigSky:
- Puerto Rico
- United States
- Virgin Islands
- Czech Republic
- Vatican City
- Hong Kong
- Sri Lanka
- New Zealand
- Antigua and Barbuda
- San Bartolome
- French Guyana
- Caiman Islands
- St. Lucia
- Saint Marten (French part)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- St. Vincent
- British Virgin Islands
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- South Africa
Founder of Gigsky
Ravi Rishy-Maharaj: is the founder and CEO of GigSky, the first global cellular data network designed for travelers. He founded the company to solve a problem he frequently encountered. Connectivity issues while traveling abroad on business. Since its inception in 2010, the company has continued to expand its services and partnerships to provide a range of services for consumers, businesses, and manufacturers.
Ravi’s career as a serial entrepreneur spans more than 25 years in high technology, where he has led technology teams and businesses in a diverse set of areas including mobile devices, wireless, telecommunications and networking, enterprise software and microelectronics.
Ravi graduated with a B.Sc. in Computer Engineering from McMaster University and completed graduate studies in Engineering at McMaster and Business Administration and Economics at York University. He was named one of the top 150 engineering students at McMaster University.
History about Gigsky
The company emerged in mid-2010 at the hands of Ravi Rishy-Maharaj a serial entrepreneur of Indian origin while he was working for some friends overseas. Frustrations with unstable and not ubiquitous connections led Rishy-Maharaj to design his own versions for mobile internet such as portable wifi or WIFI dongle even though plastic SIM cards already existed at the time.
In an interview with Rishy-Maharaj he says: The local SIM card will provide local coverage. But not quite, you could buy 250 megabytes of local service for maybe 20 USD versus what a company like AT&T offers where you have to pay about 2000 in roaming. When I started GigSky, I wanted to solve this problem right away, once the product hit the market, people would see the solution and they would buy it, I assumed they would, but that’s not how it happened, people’s old habits are hard to deal with, he explains.
The first organizations allied to Gigsky were Apple and Norwegian Air Lines, Apple started giving access to Gigsky service for cellphones and Ipads via Apple sim and Norwegian Airlines gave way to GigSky via GigSky service at the end of 2013 with EFB products.
Headquartered in the United States, Palo Alto California, (CA) Silicon Valley and a team that comes from all over the world are the contexts in which this company is in constant development. The company has two other locations, one in India and the other in Denmark.
FAQ about GigSky eSIM
You should not remove your eSIM without contacting GigSky support. The eSIM is associated with your data plan, removing the eSIM will remove your data plan from your phone.
If you delete your eSIM, you must contact GigSky Support at email@example.com to request assistance for your purchased plan, you will need to re-purchase the data plan and download a new eSIM.
If you are upgrading your iPhone eSIM enabled iPhone to a new eSIM enabled iPhone and have a GigSky data plan on the old phone, make sure you back up and restored it to the new iPhone.
If you have a data plan on your old phone and you would like a new data plan on a new phone, you will need to purchase a new data plan on the new phone.
If there is an active data plan and you would like to use that data plan on the new phone, please contact GigSky Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can offer you a refund so that you can purchase a new data plan on the new phone.
Make sure you have the latest version of the GigSky application installed, then do the following:
– Tap the 3 lines at the top left.
– Select Home.
– Tap the Active Plans icon at the bottom of the screen.
– Select the data plan you would like to use.
– The phone will disconnect for a moment while the plan changes from one to another. Touch Retry and a connection will be displayed.
You can find several data calculators on the web, but here are some estimates of the amount of data that various activities would use:
– 1 email (without attachment) 20KB.
– 1 social media post with photo 350KB.
– 1 email (with standard attachment) 300KB.
– 1 minute of video streaming (standard) 2 MB (120 MB / h).
– 1 minute music streaming 500KB (30 MB / h).
– 1 minute video streaming (HD) 5.1 MB (306 MB / h).
– 1 hour surfing the web 15 MB.
– 1 application / game / song downloaded 4 MB.
The validity period of your data plan begins at the time you first use it in your destination country and expires after the number of days shown for the plan you purchased, e.g. 14 days. For example, if you start using your 30-day plan at 10.00 a.m. local time, it will expire at 10.00 a.m. local time thirty days later.
It is also very important to note that data plans will expire before the expiration date if the entire data balance of the plan is used before the expiration date. If this happens, you will need to top-up your plan to continue using the service.
1 thought on “GigSky eSIM Review: everything you need to know”
Why is my gigsky not working in Italy? I thought the plan I bought while in Spain covered all of Europe .