Yesim is a brand of Genesis group AG, which is located in Switzerland and provides mobile internet through eSIM (embedded SIM) you can find it on the official website of the brand in two languages: English and Russian, sells on the internet to a wide group of countries in the world. For this purpose it is available – Yesim APP – the mobile application where travelers, tourists, explorers and business agents manage everything related to the purchase of Yesim eSIM products, mobile data and their respective installation and use. Today we will tell you about the features of their products, the target audience, how to obtain and install them and everything related to Yesim eSIM.
We will try to give clarity on the use of the application and how the traveller can manage from his personal account the data plans that best suit him, we will indicate operational and technical characteristics of both eSIM and the tools needed to use eSIM, we will show you which devices are compatible with Yesim’s eSIM; the purpose of the article is to give clarity to our travellers on how to manage an eSIM depending on the technological conditions of the user.
- 1 Yesim service products
- 2 Yesim’s eSIM and mobile data reviews
- 3 What is Yesim’s eSIM and mobile data?
- 4 How do I install Yesim eSIM on my iOS and Android devices?
- 5 Buy an eSIM data plan from Yesim
- 6 Option 1 – Automatic installation of Yesim eSIMs
- 7 Option 2 – Add Yesim eSIM by scanning the QR code
- 8 Option 3 – Add Yesim eSIM manually
- 9 Which devices are compatible with Yesim’s eSIM, which ones can give you mobile data?
- 10 Genesis Group and Yesim
- 11 Founder of Genesis Group (YeSIM)
- 12 Yesim headquarters
- 13 Social media Yesim
- 14 FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions about Yesim eSIM
Yesim service products
eSIM whose function is to link its users to mobile internet, is associated with the mobile application Yesim app, this and eSIM are the main product of the brand, from the mobile application processes such as buying and installing eSIM Yesim mobile data. This company offers services similar to Truphone, Gigsky, Airalo or Soracom.
Yesim’s eSIM and mobile data reviews
I have used Yesim during my travels in South Africa and Europe (early 2020). The service works well with new iPhones and is very cheap compared to other eSim providers (I paid €6 per GB for 30 days). I recommend trying it to save drastically on home plans when traveling (often $10/day with AT&T and Verizon.Sjonk
Just make sure you have the right configuration: make Yesim your mobile data line and don’t allow switching mobile data to your main provider to save costs.Cosgood
I was worried that this app was a scam, as it is much cheaper than competing apps and they have no web presence at all. However, I am happy to report that it is doing very well in Thailand this week.Artycheng_Peter
Easy to use and does what it’s under for! Not many ads, if any. Thank you. This is the only app that works for me.Yesim User
What is Yesim’s eSIM and mobile data?
eSIM from roaming telecommunications company Yesim is an electronic SIM card that is integrated into the device (smartphone, tablet, ipad, pc, etc.) This service gives you the convenience of having two cellular connectivity providers on one device at the same time. You can have separate providers for personal and business purposes or add an additional line for travelling abroad.
YESIM’s eSIM only works on unlocked devices compatible with the technology, we will show you in this article what they are and how to install an eSIM depending on the operating system: IOS or Android.
Learn about Yesim’s eSIM and mobile data operational features.
|eSIM Yesim operative feature||FAQ||Answer|
Where and how can I buy it, is it expensive?
|From the website|
Mobile application: Yesim: eSIM Travel Mobile Data App
Can I top up my credit at my destination?
|Make to up from the web or in the app|
Add plans if you have an active plan.
How do I install it on my device?
|Follow the instructions in this article.|
the support section of the website.
How many eSIMs can I have installed at the same time?
|You can install up to 12 e SIMs in your account but only one active at a time.|
Installed eSIM and physical card.
How do I know if it is compatible with my mobile device?
|The app shows you when you download it.|
Check the listing in this article.
Can I share my data with others?
|Yes, by configuring the device settings|
How do I install Yesim eSIM on my iOS and Android devices?
Time needed: 15 minutes.
First, we recommend creating an account
To use the Yesim service, you need to create an account from the app (Yesim: eSIM Travel Mobile Data App) or from the web (in English or Russian), then choose a data plan depending on your geographic requirements and amount of data and install the eSIM profile, these are the essential steps:
If you do not yet have an account, please follow the steps below.
- Download the mobile application: eSIM Travel Mobile Data App
You can search for eSIM Travel Mobile Data App from the Google Play store or App store to download it.
- Tap on the app store
Once you have downloaded the mobile application you must log in.
- Register and create a personal account.
You can do this via Google Gmail or Facebook.
- You will receive a confirmation
Check your email address and a confirmation email will be sent to the address you have specified. Please check your inbox to confirm your account.
- Install the eSIM profile
When you purchase the eSIM, it is automatically installed on your device.
- Add new mobile plan
You will get the message “Add a new mobile plan? Click add to start the process.
- Restar your advice
When the eSIM is installed, your device will prompt you to reboot. Please restart the device and enter its settings page when you are done.
- Tap on the mobile phone settings
Settings – Connections – SIM card manager.
- Assign a name to eSIM
Name the eSIM as “Yesim” – it will be easier for you to handle it later.
- Select it as “Preferred SIM card”.
Select it as preferred SIM card to work with your mobile data.
Settings – Connections – Mobile networks, data roaming – On
Buy an eSIM data plan from Yesim
Recommendations before buying.
- There can only be 1 active data plan on the account, but you can buy more than ten.
- The “Activate later” button allows you to activate the already purchased plan for up to 30 days.
- During this period you will not be able to purchase a different plan.
- The QR code will be sent to you as soon as the plan is purchased and activated.
- To receive the QR code with the activated postponed activation, please log in to the App and click on the “Activate plan” button.
- Please note that the purchase of the new plan will delete the existing one.
Once you have created your account or logged in to the App, you can choose a suitable data plan according to the country in which you plan to use the Internet and make the payment.
1. To get started, tap Buy Plan. Simply type the name of the country you are planning to visit in the app’s search engine, the app will list all mobile service plans that include this country.
You can then choose the duration and the number of MBs/GBs.
2. If another user has advised you to use this App, ask them for the referral code. You will both receive a €3 bonus to your account balance. Then click on Buy with the card.
3. Check that everything is correct and click on pay securely. Then enter your card details and click Pay. After a successful payment, you will receive a receipt in your email. If you have not received it within 2-5 minutes, please check your spam or junk mail folders.
4. You will also receive an email with detailed information on how to add the Yesim profile to your eSIM-capable device.
5. Finally, install the eSIM profile on your device.
Recommendations before installing Yesim’s eSIM to have mobile data
- Once you have purchased your data plan you will receive an email with detailed information on how to add the Yesim profile to your compatible device.
- The installation of the eSIM profile varies according to the operating system.
- Stable Internet connection is required when adding the code.
There are several options for adding a Yesim profile to your device, here are the most important ones.
Option 1 – Automatic installation of Yesim eSIMs
When you purchase the eSIM, it is automatically installed on your device.
You will see this message “Add a new mobile plan? Click add to start the process.
- When the eSIM is installed, your device will prompt you to restart. Please restart your device and log in to your settings page when you are done.
Settings – Connections – SIM Card Manager.
- Name the eSIM as “Yesim” – it will be easier for you to manage it later.
- Select it as “Preferred SIM card” to work with your mobile data.
Settings – Connections – Mobile networks, data roaming – Enabled
If the data connection is not established, select Access point names – Yesim – Add – add a new access point: name it “Yesim”, APN “fastaccess”, save it and select it in the list – then check the connection.
Option 2 – Add Yesim eSIM by scanning the QR code
As you have purchased the Yesim code, you have a new tab available in the app called “Yesim Installation”. Here you can find the code and some options on how this code can be shared within your nearest devices. You can also find the code being sent to your email address.
Go to your device’s Settings – Connections – SIM card manager – Add mobile plan – Add using QR code.
You can also open the camera and scan the QR code:
Note: Internet connection is required when adding the code.
Settings – Connections – Mobile networks
Data roaming – On.
If the data connection is not established, select Access Point Names – Yesim – Add – add a new access point: name it “Yesim”, APN “fast access”, save it and select it from the list – check the connection!
Note: For security reasons, after the Yesim QR code is installed on your device, it cannot be used on any other device.
Option 3 – Add Yesim eSIM manually
In case there is a problem scanning the QR code or you have no other devices, this is the option that allows you to install your eSIM profile.
Follow the instructions:
Go to your device’s Settings – click on Connections – then click on SIM Card Manager – Add mobile plan – Add using the activation code.
The activation code must be of the type LPA:1$smdp.io$4Y-L6KA7-1754C90
- Copy the entire line from the “Yesim Installation” page in the App and insert it in the Activation code field on the settings page.
- Name the eSIM as “Yesim” – it will be easier for you to manage it later.
- Select Yesim as a “Preferred SIM card” to work with your mobile data.
- Settings – Connections – Mobile networks:
- Data roaming – On.
If the data connection is not established, select Access point names – Yesim – Add – add a new access point: name it “Yesim”, APN “fast access”, save it and select it in the list and check if it is connected.
Which devices are compatible with Yesim’s eSIM, which ones can give you mobile data?
Device compatibility varies from country to country. For example, iPhones XS, XS Max and XR sold in China, Macau and Hong Kong are not eSIM compatible – however, they are Dual SIM phones with 2 physical SIM slots.
Your device must be unlocked. You can check with your operator to see if there is anything you can do to unlock the eSIM on your device. Below is the list of Yesim compatible phones as of November 2020 update date.
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone SE2 (2020)
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro (not Dual SIM)
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max (non-dual SIM)
- iPhone XR
- iPad Air (3rd, 4th Gen)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st, 2nd Gen)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd, 4th Gen)
- iPad Mini (5th Gen)
- iPad (7th, 8th Gen)
Note: Your device must be unlocked and the iOS version must be updated to 14.1 or later.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20+
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Fold
- Samsung Galaxy Fold LTE
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Samsung Galaxy Flip 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20
- Samsung Galaxy S20 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20+
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Motorola Razr 2019
- Motorola Razr 5G
- Nuu Mobile X5
- Google Pixel 2
- Google Pixel 2 XL
- Google Pixel 3
- Google Pixel 3A
- Google Pixel 3 XL
- Google Pixel 3A XL
- Google Pixel 4
- Google Pixel 4A
- Google Pixel 4 XL
- Google Pixel 4A 5G
- Google Pixel 5
- Microsoft Surface Duo.
Note: Note: If you have a device manufactured in Turkey and it prevents you from installing the eSIM, please have your device restored to factory settings.
Genesis Group and Yesim
Yesim belongs to the Genesis group which provides a range of infrastructure, software and platform services to the blockchain industry, is a data center operator and provider of colocation and hosting services to corporate and private customers for a range of applications including video rendering, AI and blockchain development applications.
Founder of Genesis Group (YeSIM)
Marco Andreas Streng: is a German entrepreneur, CEO and co-founder of Genesis Group, a cryptocurrency company based in Iceland. He studied mathematics at Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich, but dropped out before graduating thanks to an interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology developed while at university.
Yesim is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
Social media Yesim
These are the social networks where you can find Yesim:
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions about Yesim eSIM
Check how much data you are using now:
On your iPhone, go to Settings – Mobile Data. If you’re using an iPad, you might see Settings – Mobile Data.
Scroll down to see which apps use mobile data. If you don’t want an app to use mobile data, you can turn it off for that app.
When mobile data is turned off, apps will only use Wi-Fi for data.
To help you know how much you might need, we’ve included all the common data-consuming activities, with information on how many megabytes they actually use.
1 hour of Internet surfing 15MB
1 social media post with photo 350KB
1 minute of video streaming (standard) 2MB (120MB/hour)
1 minute of video streaming (HD) 5.1MB (306MB/hour)
1 minute of music streaming 500KB (30MB/hour)
1 email (without attachment) 20KB
1 email (with standard attachment) 300KB
1 downloaded application/game/song 4MB
Notice: You can find several data calculators on the web. Depending on the data you have entered: the calculator will show approximate mobile data costs and values depending on the applications you plan to use and how often you use them during your trip.
Yes, of course. When you have an active data plan, the app will display a top-up button on the main screen, tap it and you can proceed to purchase additional data. Once the purchase is complete, the data will be added to your current data and the remaining days of usage will also be updated.
Yesim users can only have a single referral code and can share it with other users. The amount of the referral code is equal to 3 EUR. You will get a discount of 3 EUR after someone who has received your referral code makes a purchase (with your referral code). Both you and your referral will receive a discount.
Only once a new Yesim user can use a received referral code and only for the first purchase.
Note: This must be the first purchase using Yesim.
You can use any credit or debit card with the following logos: Visa, Mastercard. You can also pay with AliPay, Bitcoins. The cost of a data plan depends on your national currency. The plans are priced in Euro.
The most important thing before buying a plan is to check if your device is compatible with eSIM technology and you can use our service.
Once you buy a data plan, there are a few things to keep in mind.
iPhone Settings – Mobile Data/Cellular – set Mobile Data to Secondary/Yes.
iPhone Settings – Mobile Data/Cellular and make sure data roaming is turned on.
iPhone Settings – Mobile Data/Cellular – Secondary/Yes – and make sure Network Selection is automatic.