Planning your travels can be stressful, but you can at least have peace of mind when it comes to staying connected to the internet abroad. There are many options available but paying for expensive roaming services is not an attractive choice. So, in this article, we’re going to read about some alternatives, such as Holafly VS Airalo.
These two international eSIM cards providers, let you pick the data plan that best suits your needs, depending on the destination you are traveling to. The connection they provide is similar, but there are some differences to keep in mind. This can make it hard to pick one of them.
So, to help you with that, we have written this article. Here you will read about Holafly VS Airalo: how they work, their coverage, data plans, and prices, advantages and disadvantages, and more. You will also find all the information you need to make the best decision and pick the eSIM card that will help you the most.
- 1 What is an eSIM card?
- 2 How does the Holafly eSIM card work?
- 3 How is the coverage of Holafly?
- 4 Holafly eSIM card data plans and prices
- 5 How does the Airalo eSIM card work?
- 6 How is the coverage of Airalo?
- 7 Airalo eSIM card data plan and prices
- 8 Holafly VS Airalo: a comparison table
- 9 Holafly VS Airalo: our recommendation
- 10 Frequent questions about eSIM
What is an eSIM card?
Before we begin with this comparison, you have to learn what an eSIM card is. It is a virtual SIM card, that includes a cellular data plan, that you can use in a specific country or region.
Since it is a virtual SIM card you don’t have to put it in your cellphone. It will let you save space, and keep your traditional SIM card. Also, you can activate more than one eSIM card on the same device. All you have to do is to make sure that your cellphone is eSIM compatible.
How does the Holafly eSIM card work?
Let’s begin by talking about the Holafly eSIM card. This card is activated very easily, all you have to do is to scan the QR code that you receive in your email once you make the purchase. After you did this, you activate the data roaming and wait for the notification of the eSIM profile.
Just like any other company, you can use the cellular data you have included, for the period you have picked when you made the purchase. With that, you will be able to use social media, and Google Maps, and make sure that you don’t miss anything at your destination.
How is the coverage of Holafly?
It is very important to read about the coverage. We can tell you that this provider lets you connect to 3G and 4G LTE networks, in most destinations. The network stability is also guaranteed.
Holafly has many roaming accords, that lets you connect to the networks of the best local cellular operators, without having to pay for international roaming fees. If you want to learn more about this, visit the Holafly virtual store, and look for the coverage information.
Holafly eSIM card data plans and prices
- eSIM card for Europe from $19.00
- Virtual SIM card for Asia from $47.00
- eSIM card for North America from $54.00
- SIM card for Latin America from $44.00
- International SIM card for China with VPN from $19.00
- eSIM card for Switzerland from $19.00
Advantages of the Holafly eSIM card
- You keep your WhatsApp number.
- Unlimited data in some destinations.
- With flat data plans, you can share your cellular data.
- Variety of data plans.
- Accessible prices.
- Wide coverage in many destinations.
- Easy to install and configure.
- 24-hour customer service and support.
Disadvantages of the Holafly eSIM card
- It includes only data, not calls or texts.
- If you need more cellular data or more days of usage, you will have to buy a new eSIM card.
How does the Airalo eSIM card work?
Now that you have read about Holafly, it’s time we start talking about the second alternative, Airalo, and their eSIM card. This provider uses the eSIM technology in your cellphone, to provide you with cellular data, without having to insert any physical card in your cellphone or pay for international roaming.
With this company, you can keep your telephone number, as you connect to the international internet with the eSIM card. You have to download the Airalo app, pick the destination, data plan, and all you need. Then, all you will have to do to activate the eSIM card is to scan the QR code.
How is the coverage of Airalo?
Airalo coverage is available in more than 150 countries, including China and Hong Kong. These are destinations that not all providers offer. This company has roaming accords with the best cellular operators in the world, which give you a stable and great connection.
Anyway, some users have said that in some zones, the speed and stability of the connection are not the best. In some countries, the eSIM card takes a little time to connect to the network of the local operator.
Airalo eSIM card data plan and prices
- Africa from 1 GB/30 days for $26.46 up to 3 GB for 30 days for $57.81
- Asia from 1 GB/7 days for $4.90 up to 100 GB for 180 days for $181.27
- Europe from 1 GB/7 days for $4.90 up to 100 GB for 180 days for $181.27
- Caribbean Islands from 1 GB/7 days for $14.70
Advantages of the Airalo eSIM card
- Fast installation.
- Easy and quick top up process.
- It is not hard to exchange SIM cards.
- Wide variety of data plans.
Disadvantages of the Airalo eSIM card
- Many conditions for eSIM usage.
- You have to register on the website to make the purchase.
Holafly VS Airalo: a comparison table
Here you can find a comparison table between Holafly and Airalo. There you will read the main features of both providers, and hopefully, it will help you make the best decision.
|Operator||Service and support||Can I buy it online?||App||Compatibility|
|Holafly||Yes||Yes||No||All unlocked devices|
Holafly VS Airalo: our recommendation
Before you leave, we want to give you, our recommendation. If you want the whole process to be easy, fast, and comfortable, and get a service that guarantees a great connection and an accessible price, then we recommend you get a Holafly eSIM card.
With this company, you will be able to travel abroad and be connected all the time. Their services are great, and if you experience any problem, you have 24-hour customer service and support.
Frequent questions about eSIM
It will depend on the eSIM card you choose. For example, if the data plan is flat, you will be able to share your cellular data. But, if it has unlimited data, you won’t be able to do it.
It is very easy. All you have to do is to scan the QR code that you receive in your email. Then, you have to pick the eSIM card as the cellular data provider, and activate the data roaming.
Consider some important aspects, such as the destination you are traveling to, the number of days you are going to stay there, and the amount of cellular data you are planning to use.