If you are going to travel to Turkey, don’t forget to visit places like Istanbul, Pamukkale, Mount Nemrut, among others. It is advisable to save as much as possible on small details such as your cellphone bill and your connectivity alternatives abroad. But don’t worry, thanks to technology we have more options and now the eSIM card has arrived to Turkey!
In this article, we explain everything about the Turkey eSIM, international operators, local eSIM, their requirements, their features, and how to buy them so that you save money and time, and you contribute to the environment at the same time!
Remember that if your cellphone does not support the new eSIM card for Turkey you can always get the traditional SIM card for Turkey. This way, you avoid paying expensive roaming bills.
Requirements to install the eSIM card Turkey:
We must consider the requirements that eSIM cards have, since it is a card that has new technology, not all cellphones incorporate the eSIM. For that reason, consider the following before buying your eSIM:
- You must have a cellphone compatible with eSIM: in addition to that, check that your cellphone is supported by the operator or eSIM card provider. We anticipate that the iPhone XR or more recent models are compatible with eSIM provided by different carriers.
- It is essential to have an email address to register and receive your eSIM.
- It is important that you have a prior internet connection: your eSIM profile will be downloaded from the operator’s servers after scanning the QR code or installation code.
- Some providers will ask you to install their App to download the eSIM.
Buy your Unlimited data eSIM for Turkey here
Cellphone eSIM carriers for travel to Turkey
Do you meet the above requirements? Great! Now you can compare and purchase the Turkey eSIM that fits your needs. The following providers are available on the market for you to purchase your eSIM, as they are companies that sell international eSIM cards intended for use on your leisure or business trips abroad.
Rates and data plans from eSIM providers for travel to Turkey
We now want to give you more information regarding rates and data plans of the providers that offer eSIM for Turkey, so you can compare and choose the plan that best suits your budget. All these prices are much cheaper if you compare them with the prices of roaming in Turkey offered by your domestic cellular operator.
Holafly plans and prices in Turkey:
- Unlimited data for 10 days at 34 USD
- Unlimited data for 20 days at 54 USD
- Unlimited data for 30 days at 64 USD
Truphone plans for travel to Turkey:
- 300 MB for 1 day at 7USD
- 1 GB for 30 days at 18USD
- 3 GB for 30 days at 49USD
Three HK plans and prices in Turkey:
- 3 GB for 30 days at 138USD
- 5 GB for 30 days at 198USD
- 13 GB for 365 days at 268USD
Ubigi plans and rates in Turkey:
- 1 GB for 30 days at 29USD
TravelSim rates in Turkey:
- 500 MB for 30 days at 19USD
- 1 GB for 30 days at 25USD
- 1 GB for 14 days at 23USD
- 2 GB for 30 days at 41USD
- 3 GB for 30 days at 59USD
- 5 GB for 30 days at 93USD
United Global rates in Turkey:
- 1 GB for 30 days at 46 USD
- 3 GB for 30 days at 124 USD
- 5 GB for 30 days at 194 USD
Wificoin prices in Turkey:
- 1 GB for 30 days at 29.99USD
- 5 GB for 30 days at 99.99USD
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for Europe)
Comparison of eSIM providers for Turkey
|Provider||Data||Days||Price (USD)||Support||Sales channels|
|Holafly||Unlimited data||10||34 USD||Spanish, English, French, and more||Web|
|Holafly||Unlimited data||20||54 USD||Spanish, English, French, and more||Web|
|Holafly||Unlimited data||30||64 USD||Spanish, English, French, and more||Web|
|Truphone||300 MB||1||7 USD||Spanish||Web, Play Store, App Store|
|Truphone||1 GB||30||18 USD||Spanish||Web, Play Store, App Store|
|Truphone||3 GB||30||49 USD||Spanish||Web, Play Store, App Store|
|Three HK||3 GB||30||138USD||English||Web|
|Three HK||5 GB||30||198USD||English||Web|
|Three HK||13 GB||365||268USD||English||Web|
|Ubigi||1 GB||30||29USD||English||Web, Play Store, App Store|
|United Global||1 GB||30||46USD||English||Web|
|United Global||3 GB||30||124USD||English||Web|
|United Global||5 GB||30||194USD||English||Web|
|Wificoin||1 GB||30||29.99USD||English||Web, Play Store, App Store|
|Wificoin||5 GB||30||99.99USD||English||Web, Play Store, App Store|
eSIM features for travel to Turkey
Do you already know which international eSIM card to buy? Great, we will let you in on more details and features that you should consider, as they may be similar to the traditional physical SIM, but they are not the same. Check their details here:
- Most eSIM cards do not offer analog calls, only data. For voice calls, you can use apps like Skype or WhatsApp.
- Some eSIM cards configure the APN automatically.
- An eSIM can be installed only once, so if you are experiencing problems with your eSIM card; do not remove it from your phone, instead contact your eSIM provider.
- With your dual SIM iPhone, you will be able to keep your domestic SIM when you travel to Turkey. Remember to set up your iPhone correctly to avoid surprise bills.
- You can add multiple data plans on your iPhone, this depends on the available memory, although it is only possible to use one at a time.
- You will have Unlimited data
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for the USA)
eSIM coverage for travel to Turkey
You should keep in mind that if you buy a very cheap eSIM card it may not provide good coverage in Turkey. And how do we know if an operator provides good coverage? Very easy, the eSIM cards that have the best network coverage in Turkey are those that have the most roaming agreements with the main operators such as Türk Telekom, Turkcell, or Vodafone.
For this reason, here we share with you the coverage maps of the main cellphone operators in Turkey.
Türk Telekom 3G coverage map in Turkey
Turkcell’s 3G network coverage in Turkey
Vodafone 3G coverage map in Turkey
Local cellphone operators offering eSIM in Turkey
In Turkey, local cellphone carriers already offer their residents the eSIM card, for this reason, this option is intended for permanent residents and not for travelers, although there are exceptions.
Below, we are going to list the cellphone operators in Turkey that have already enabled eSIM technology to their users:
eSIM Turkcell Turkey
Turkcell is one of the biggest cellular operators in Turkey, and you can get a local eSIM with them to use daily if you are living in Turkey. The eSIM from Turkcell can be used with iPhone, iPad, Samsung, and Huawei devices that support eSIM.
Benefits of the Turkcell eSIM in Turkey
- Use both phone numbers.
- Make and receive voice calls in Turkey.
- Send and receive messages.
- Use the Internet and Social media.
How to Activate a Turkcell eSIM for Turkey
If you have a cellphone that supports eSIM and you want to buy an eSIM with Turkcell, you must go to a Turkcell official store or call customer service: 532.
They will give you a QR code with your new local eSIM. Follow the steps below to activate it:
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Click on Cellular.
- Click Add Cellular Plan.
- Scan your QR code.
- Enter the PIN code to unlock the eSIM.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Click Connections.
- Click SIM Card Manager.
- Click Add Mobile Plan.
- Click Scan carrier QR Code.
- Scan your QR code for the eSIM card.
- Enter the PIN code to unlock the eSIM.
eSIM Vodafone Turkey
Are you currently a Vodafone customer, and you want to change your traditional SIM card for an eSIM? Don’t worry, you can change it to a local eSIM and use it like your traditional chip to make phone calls, make send messages, and surf the internet.
Benefits of the Vodafone eSIM in Turkey
With your last-gen cellphone, you will have the possibility to use your phone as a dual SIM phone, nano SIM and eSIM or double eSIM at the same time, depending on the smartphone you have. The eSIM is also safer than the traditional SIM card since it cannot be physically stolen or lost.
How to Activate a Vodafone eSIM for Turkey
You can obtain an eSIM with Vodafone Turkey by going to a physical store or contacting a sales representative from Vodafone. If you are getting a plan for the first time with Vodafone, you will need to go through an identity validation.
To activate the eSIM on your smartphone, you need to scan the QR code they will give you, and that is all.
Frequently asked questions about eSIM in Turkey
We answer the most common questions you may have before purchasing your eSIM to travel to Turkey.
It is not necessary to present a passport, although some suppliers do require your address.
No, the eSIM for Turkey does not allow you to share data.
Then install the virtual SIM profile, choose it as the default cellular data medium, turn on data and roaming and your virtual SIM should be work!
Yes, just like physical cards, virtual SIM cards also have an expiration date.