Currently, with advancements in consumer tech and a hyper-connected society, we find ourselves with the need of staying connected to the internet due to work or study, or to keep in touch with our loved ones. And if we are traveling abroad, we have to consider all the alternatives we have to connect to the internet. That’s where the Flexiroam VS Knowroaming comparison comes in.
Also, there are many alternatives to connect, like the traditional international SIM cards, with cellular data, but with this option, we will have to pay for international roaming or pick an international eSIM card for travelers.
In this article, we are going to tell you everything you need to know about both carriers: Flexiroam VS Knowroaming: how they work, the coverage, the data plans and prices, their advantages and disadvantages, and so much more. We will also tell you about a third alternative that you can choose if you are not convinced by the first two options.
- 1 What is an eSIM card?
- 2 Flexiroam eSIM card: how does it work?
- 3 How is the coverage of Flexiroam?
- 4 Flexiroam data plans and prices of the eSIM card
- 5 Knowroaming eSIM card: how does it work?
- 6 How is the coverage of Knowroaming?
- 7 Knowroaming eSIM card data plans and prices
- 8 Flexiroam VS Knowroaming: comparison table
- 9 Flexiroam VS Knowroaming: our recommendation
- 10 Flexiroam VS Knowroaming: Holafly eSIM card, another alternative
What is an eSIM card?
Before we begin with this comparison, you have to know what an eSIM card is. It is a virtual SIM card, that you can easily acquire through a website or your provider’s app, and it is activated by scanning a QR code.
Since it is a digital SIM card, it is installed in the device’s software, and is configured online, and it gives you the possibility of choosing the data plan, depending on the destination you are traveling to and the number of days of your stay.
However, you have to know that not all smartphones are eSIM compatible, so we recommend you check this information before getting an eSIM card.
Flexiroam eSIM card: how does it work?
We are going to start talking about the Flexiroam eSIM card. This company works as an app, and at the same time as an online store from which you can get your eSIM card.
They are a global provider that offers cellular data for consumers in many countries and regions. This eSIM card can be used by any type of traveler.
Also, from the app, you can buy data plans, top up the eSIM card, and request an international number. And, based on the customers’ opinions, the service is stable, and its prices are budget-friendly, so you can forget about the expensive international roaming rates and fees.
How is the coverage of Flexiroam?
The coverage of this company is very reliable, it offers an international internet connection in more than 200 countries, and it works with 580 network operators in many destinations, which means that the connection is guaranteed.
To solve any doubts, you can check how their services work, getting a data plan depending on the country or region. Its connection stands out in regions like North and South America.
Flexiroam data plans and prices of the eSIM card
It is also important you read about the data plans and prices Flexiroam offers to its users. The price will depend on the destination and the number of days. You can read some of them below:
- 50 GB or pay $1.60/GB for 90 days in 1 country
- 10 GB for $24.00 for 24 days in 1 country
- 7 GB for $17.00 for 15 days in 1 country
- 5 GB for $13.00 for 24 days in 1 country
- 3 GB for $8.00 for 24 days in 1 country
Advantages of the Flexiroam eSIM card
- You can buy a data plan through the app.
- You can pick data plans for specific destinations.
- Cheap prices.
- You can get a global or regional eSIM card.
- You can share your data.
- Remote access point connection.
- FlexiShare replaces the portable WiFi.
Disadvantages of the Flexiroam eSIM card
- You have to sign up for the platform.
- You have to install an app on your smartphone.
- The eSIM card can only be managed through the app.
- It is incompatible with iPhone XS, XR, and 11 from Hong Kong, Macao, and continental China.
Knowroaming eSIM card: how does it work?
Now that you have read about the first provider, it’s time we start talking about Knowroaming. The Knowroaming eSIM card can be acquired from the website. Also, for you to have the eSIM card you need, you have to choose the destination and the number of days.
You have to select the data plan that you are going to use during your trip. Once you do that, you will have to fill out a form, with the personal information they ask for and make sure that your registration was correct.
It is also recommended you check that this provider has guaranteed coverage in your destination. Based on the users’ opinions, the connection is pretty good.
How is the coverage of Knowroaming?
This provider’s coverage is stable and really good. It is available in 200 countries, in which it offers a 4G LTE connection. Anyway, in some zones, it can only connect to 3G, but it will depend on your location.
The data plans of this company are also divided into countries or regions. The coverage may vary if you are located in Asia, Europe, North America, South America, or Oceania. But it does not mean that you will run out of internet.
Knowroaming eSIM card data plans and prices
The eSIM card of Knowroaming includes the data plan you pick when you make the purchase. You can read the data plans and prices for the Global package below:
- 500 MB for $4.00 with a duration of 1 day
- 1.5 GB for $10.00 with a duration of 3 days
- 1 GB for $12.00 with a duration of 15 days
- 5 GB for $50.00 with a duration of 30 days
Advantages of the Knowroaming eSIM card
- You can keep your number.
- No minimum clauses or subscription contracts.
- Ample compatibility.
- Wide variety of international data plans.
- You can activate more than one data plan.
- American number for free use.
Disadvantages of the Knowroaming eSIM card
- There isn’t a wide variety of prices.
- The connection can be a little bit unstable in some regions.
Flexiroam VS Knowroaming: comparison table
To help you compare both companies and make the decision that best suits your needs, we have prepared a comparison table with information about both companies.
|Company||Service and support||Can I buy it online?||App||Compatibility|
|Flexiroam||Yes||Yes||Yes||Some devices are not compatible|
|Knowroaming||Yes||Yes||Yes||Any unlocked device|
Flexiroam VS Knowroaming: our recommendation
Before you leave, we want to give you our recommendation. In the previous comparison table, you can see that both carriers are very similar, so it may be a little bit complicated to pick one. Or maybe, you are not convinced by any of them.
We recommend you buy an eSIM card that lets you travel to any destination, with a specific data plan for the number of days you are going to stay at your country of destination. It will also be great if you don’t have to register anywhere with personal information, and if you can avoid downloading an app.
Flexiroam VS Knowroaming: Holafly eSIM card, another alternative
If you are not convinced by any of the previous companies, the Holafly eSIM card is the perfect alternative. You can get this card depending on the destination you need, you can have unlimited data, the shipping is free, and it has 24-hour customer service in your language.
You can buy these cards in the Holafly virtual store. There you can pick the destination, the GB you need, and the number of days you want. You don’t have to download any additional apps. You will receive the eSIM card in your email, and all you have to do to activate it is to scan the QR code.