There are many places to visit in Quebec, so you will need a reliable internet connection to make sure you fully enjoy your trip. For this, we are going to show you the new international eSIM card with cellular data for Quebec. With this virtual SIM card, you will be able to connect to the internet in all of Canada, including the wonderful Quebec province, for an accessible price, cheaper than international roaming!
If you don’t know much about this type of card, and you have any doubts, do not worry, in this article you are going to read everything you need to know about the eSIM card for Quebec to connect to the internet. Its requirements, characteristics, price, data plans, and more. This way you will be able to decide whether it is the best option for you or not.
- 1 eSIM for Quebec: what you need to know
- 2 eSIM providers in Quebec
- 3 eSIM card for Quebec: data plans and prices
- 4 eSIM card for Quebec providers: a comparison
- 5 Features of the eSIM card for Quebec
- 6 eSIM for Quebec coverage
- 7 Can I get my eSIM card from local cellular operators?
- 8 Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Quebec
- 9 eSIM card for other destinations
eSIM for Quebec: what you need to know
If you are interested in this product, you have to know about the conditions you must meet to but it and use it. Since it is such a new device, not all cellphones can support this tech yet. We recommend you check the requisites below before buying an eSIM card.
- You have to make sure that your smartphone is eSIM compatible.
- If your smartphone is compatible, you also have to check that it is compatible with the eSIM card of your provider. Usually, most providers are compatible with iPhone XS onwards.
- To buy the eSIM card for Quebec, you have to fill some information where you have to provide your email.
- You must be connected to a prior internet connection when you make the activation.
- Remember to activate the eSIM card when you arrive at your destination and not before.
- Some providers may ask you to download their app to manage the eSIM card.
eSIM providers in Quebec
If your device can manage the eSIM technology, then you may be interested in knowing which cellular operators offer the eSIM card for Quebec. However, it is important you know that they only sell eSIM cards for travelers, so they won’t last longer than two months.
If you are going to stay in Quebec for a longer period of time, we recommend you check the eSIM cards from local cellular operators.
eSIM card for Quebec: data plans and prices
Now that you know about the providers, it is important to know about the data plans and prices they offer. You can read below the data plans and prices that we have listed for you to make the best decision.
It is also important to know about the coverage of the eSIM card because if it’s not good, your connection won’t be good either.
Holafly eSIM card for Quebec: data plans and prices
- 10 GB for 30 days at €34
- 20 GB for 30 days at €44
Flexiroam eSIM card for Quebec: data plans and prices
- 10 GB for 24 days at €130
Knowroaming eSIM card for Quebec: data plans and prices
- 5GB for 21 days at €100
eSIM card for Quebec providers: a comparison
|Holafly||30||10GB||€34||Spanish, English||iOS / Android|
|Holafly||30||20GB||€44||Spanish, English||iOS / Android|
|Knowroaming||21||5GB||€100.90||English||iOS / Android|
|Flexiroam||24||10GB||€130||English||iOS / Android|
Features of the eSIM card for Quebec
If you are interested in this product, you must know about its main features. We have listed them below, to help you learn all about the eSIM card and make the best decision:
- Most eSIM cards offer only data, so you won’t be able to make calls. If you want to contact your loved ones, you can do it through apps such as WhatsApp or Skype, but remember that these types of apps consume so much data.
- The eSIM card can be installed only once, so if you encounter any problem, do not erase it before calling your provider.
- Your smartphone will become a dual-SIM phone, so you will be able to use the eSIM and the traditional SIM card at the same time!
- Some eSIM cards configure the APN automatically.
- You can have more than one data plan on your cellphone, but you can use one at a time.
- Some eSIM cards have additional advantages, such as the Holafly eSIM card, which let you share your cellular data with other devices.
eSIM for Quebec coverage
As we already told you, one of the most important aspects is knowing about the coverage of your eSIM card. The coverage represents the speed of upload and download of data between your cellphone and the network you’re connected to. If your coverage is bad, your connection will be bad too. To avoid having these problems, you have to ask your provider about the roaming agreements it has with the local cellular operators in Quebec.
Rogers 4G coverage
Telus 4G coverage
Bell 4G coverage
Can I get my eSIM card from local cellular operators?
If you are going to stay in Quebec for a longer time, you may be interested in having an eSIM card from local operators. We have to tell you that it is more complicated to get than an international eSIM card from local providers. You will have to visit a physical store from a local operator and ask for a prepaid or postpaid data plan that includes an eSIM card. Remember to take your passport with you and personal information, in case the operator asks for it.
- Lucky Mobile
Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Quebec
The local eSIM card from Roger or Tellus is aimed at residents, while the international eSIM card from Holafly or GigSky is prepared to give you the internet during your trip.
No, it is not necessary, if you are getting an international eSIM card. But some local operators may ask for your address.
Yes, with the eSIM card for Quebec you will be able to share your cellular data with other devices.
After installing the eSIM profile, you have to pick it as the cellular data provider, turn on the data roaming, and that’s it.
Yes, just like traditional SIM cards, the eSIM card has an expiration date.
The days start counting from the moment you activate your eSIM, by scanning the QR code on your cellphone.
The compatibility list of the eSIM card grows every day. If you are in a European country, and you are traveling to Quebec, your cellphone not only has to be compatible with the eSIM card, but with the bands in Quebec.
The eSIM compatible devices are the following:
iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro-Max, iPhone SE 2020, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro-Max, Samsung Galaxy S20, Samsung Galaxy S20+, Samsung Galaxy S20+ Ultra, Samsung Galaxy S21, Samsung Galaxy S21+, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro, Google Pixel 3a, Google Pixel 3a XL, Google Pixel 4, Google Pixel 4a, Google Pixel 4a XL.
eSIM card for other destinations
Do not forget to read our other articles about: