If you want to have the best possible experience during your trip to Egypt, you must be connected to a good internet network that allows you to surf, upload files to your social networks showing the wonders that Egypt has to offer. But… How can you have the best connection during your trip without having to pay roaming charges? For some time now there have been international SIM cards for Egypt, Pocket Wifi and free Wifi hotspots. However, the new alternative is the eSIM Egypt.
This is one of the best ways to stay connected 24 hours a day when traveling to Cairo, Alexandria, etc. because they are virtual and you can buy them anywhere in the world, they allow you to have a lot of data and minutes, besides, they are very easy to use and activate. What are you waiting to have one?
Here we will tell you in detail the best options of eSIM cards to travel to Egypt, opinions, coverage; you will understand its operation, requirements, compatible mobiles so you can make the best decision.
Before we start, we tell you that there are also Egypt prepaid SIM cards with which you get 6GB on 4G for your trip and unlimited data on 2G for 15 days.
- High speed connection without surprise bills.
- Receive your QR code immediately.
- Connect to the best network.
- Forget about roaming and searching for WiFi.
- Keep your WhatsApp number.
- Easy to set up: you’ll receive an email with your eSIM in seconds, no matter where you are.
- Get 5% OFF. Code: roaming5
- 1 Requirements to install the eSIM card in Egypt
- 2 Mobile eSIM card providers for traveling to Egypt
- 3 Rates and data plans from eSIM providers for traveling to Egypt
- 4 Comparison of eSIM providers for Egypt
- 5 Features of eSIMs for traveling to Egypt
- 6 eSIM Egypt: network coverage
- 7 Local mobile carriers offering eSIM in Egypt
- 8 Frequently asked questions about eSIM in Egypt
Requirements to install the eSIM card in Egypt
Being an innovative and fairly recent technology, eSIM cards still have some limitations, mostly in compatibility, since virtual sim cards are only compatible with certain phones (the most recent ones), in addition to the fact that they operate based on certain electronic requirements such as emails. If you want to have an eSIM, we recommend that you consider the following:
- The eSIMs are compatible with the most recent versions of current phones, and depending on the operator you are going to use, these versions may change from one to another, but most of the time, the iPhone XR or more current are preferred by all companies to provide eSIMs.
- It is essential to have an email address to register and receive your eSIM.
- It is important that you have an internet connection: your eSIM profile will be downloaded from the carrier’s servers after scanning the QR code or installation code.
- Sometimes you will need to install an App to download the eSIM.
Mobile eSIM card providers for traveling to Egypt
After meeting the aforementioned requirements, we will tell you about the providers available in the market for you to acquire your eSIM to connect to the Internet in Egypt. These are companies that sell international eSIM cards for use in your tourism or business trips abroad. We list them below:
- United Global
Rates and data plans from eSIM providers for traveling to Egypt
Below you will find the prices of the different eSIM providers in Egypt. Their price variation will depend on the area, coverage, roaming agreements they have with local carriers in Egypt and the payment methods used. Many companies do not support recognized payment methods such as PayPal, especially those originating from China or Japan.
Holafly plans and prices in Egypt:
- 3GB for 8 days at 56.44 USD
- 5GB for 15 days at 76.85 USD
- 5GB for 30 days for 80.46 USD
United Global rates in Egypt:
- 1GB for 30 days at 46.31 USD
- 3GB for 30 days at 123.50 USD
- 5Gb for 30 days at 192.97 USD
YeSIM plans in Egypt:
- 300MB for 7 days at 9.61 USD
- 500MB for 14 days at 14.41 USD
- 1GB for 28 days at 27.62 USD
- 3GB for 28 days at 74.45USD
Comparison of eSIM providers for Egypt
|Provider||Amount data||Days||Price||Support||Sales channels|
|United Global||1GB||30||46.31 USD||English||Web, App Store, Play Store|
|United Global||3GB||30||123.50 USD||English||Web, App Store, Play Store|
|United Global||5GB||30||192.97 USD||English||Web, App Store, Play Store|
|YeSIM||300MB||7||9.61 USD||English||Web, App Store, Play Store|
|YeSIM||500MB||14||14.41 USD||English||Web, App Store|
|YeSIM||1GB||28||27.62 USD||English||Web, App Store|
|YeSIM||3GB||28||74.45USD||English||Web, App Store|
Features of eSIMs for traveling to Egypt
Despite their similarities, the characteristics of eSIMs with normal SIM cards are quite different, both in coverage and activation, since, although eSIMs correspond to totally virtual cards, they also correspond to different characteristics that you should take into account, which are:
- Most eSIM cards only provide you with data, so you cannot make calls naturally, but only through applications such as WhatsApp or Skype.
- Being in a cloud, the eSIM is not something that you can put in over and over again, but rather something that you only install once and if you have problems you contact your provider or operator.
- If your phone is not dual SIM, by having an eSIM in your smartphone, you can also keep the physical SIM in your smartphone, making it easy to have two lines.
- You can add multiple data plans to your phone, but you can only use one at a time.
- Some eSIMs allow you to share data.
- Some eSIMs configure the APN automatically.
eSIM Egypt: network coverage
One of the most important things you have to take into account when traveling to Egypt is the coverage that your eSIM will offer you, because although you can get an eSIM at a very cheap price, this cheap eSIM may not have as much coverage on your trip to Egypt, this translates to latency and very long charging periods that you do not want to have.
The eSIM cards that will offer you the best network coverage on your trip to Egypt are those that have the most roaming agreements with the main operators. By having multiple connection options, your cell phone will take the one that offers the best stability. To give you a clear idea of the coverage maps, here we will show you the maps managed by the main operators in Egypt:
Vodafone 3G network coverage map in Egypt
Orange 4G network coverage in Egypt
Etisalat Mobile 4G coverage map in Egypt
Local mobile carriers offering eSIM in Egypt
This option is intended primarily for locals in Egypt who wish to migrate from their physical SIM cards to the new virtual cards.
Below, we will list the mobile carriers in Egypt that have already enabled eSIM technology for their users:
- Etisalat Mobile
Frequently asked questions about eSIM in Egypt
We answer the most common questions you may have before purchasing your eSIM to travel to Egypt.
It is not necessary to present a passport, some suppliers do require your address.
Yes, eSIM for Egypt will allow you to share your data to other devices. However, we recommend that you check with the provider’s customer service.
Then install the virtual SIM profile, choose it as the default mobile data medium, turn on data and roaming and your virtual SIM should be working.
Yes, just like physical cards, virtual SIM cards also have an expiration date.