If you are planning to travel to the United Arab Emirates, the last thing you should be worrying about is your internet connection. There are several ways of connecting to the internet abroad, but the best option for modern travelers is an eSIM for the United Arab Emirates.
The eSIM is the most reliable option for a cheap and fast internet connection – and setting up is as easy as scanning a QR! Let’s learn more about this revolutionary technology.
We’ll compare the best companies that offer an eSIM for the UAE, so you can be sure you’ll get the best deal.
- High speed connection without surprise bills.
- Receive your QR code immediately.
- Connect to the best network.
- Forget about roaming and searching for WiFi.
- Keep your WhatsApp number.
- Easy to set up: you’ll receive an email with your eSIM in seconds, no matter where you are.
- Get 5% OFF. Code: roaming5
- 1 What you should know about the Emirates eSIM card:
- 2 Cellular eSIM card providers for travel to UAE
- 3 Rates and data plans from eSIM providers for travel to UAE
- 4 Comparison of eSIM providers for the United Arab Emirates
- 5 eSIM features for travel to the United Arab Emirates
- 6 eSIM coverage for travel to UAE
- 7 Frequently asked questions about eSIM in the UAE
- 8 eSIM for other destinations
What you should know about the Emirates eSIM card:
The eSIM (short for “embedded SIM“) is a virtual SIM card taking the tech world by storm. With an eSIM for your trip to the UAE, you can enjoy cheap and fast internet on multiple devices.
eSIM technology is still relatively new, so not all phones are compatible. Here’s everything you need to check before you buy:
- Your cell phone must be compatible with an eSIM card. Check if your phone is compatible now.
- You need an email address to receive your eSIM.
- You need internet connection to activate your eSIM. Your eSIM profile will be downloaded from the provider after scanning the QR code or installation code.
- Some providers will ask you to install their app to download the eSIM.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for Europe)
Cellular eSIM card providers for travel to UAE
Let’s take a look at the companies that sell international eSIM cards:
Let’s compare these companies deals:
Rates and data plans from eSIM providers for travel to UAE
Holafly plans and prices in the United Arab Emirates
- 6GB for 15 days at $49 USD
Truphone Plans and pricing for the United Arab Emirates
- 3 GB for 30 days at $49 USD
- 1 GB for 30 days at $18 USD
TravelSim plans and pricing for the United Arab Emirates
- 5GB for 30 days at $175 USD
- 3GB for 30 days at $150 USD
Comparison of eSIM providers for the United Arab Emirates
|Provider||Data||Days||Price (USD)||Sales channels|
|TravelSIM||5 GB||30||$175||Web, App Store, Google Play|
|TravelSIM||3 GB||30||$150||Web, App Store, Google Play|
eSIM features for travel to the United Arab Emirates
To get the most out of your eSIM card, we’ve prepared some important information to bear in mind so that your trip to the United Arab Emirates is worry-free.
- Most eSIM cards do not offer voice calls, only data. You can use apps like WhatsApp or Skype instead.
- eSIMs can only be installed once, so if you’re experiencing problems with your eSIM card do not remove it from your cellphone and contact your eSIM provider instead.
- Some eSIMs set up automatic APNs.
- You can add several data plans on your iPhone, although it is only possible to use one at a time.
- Some eSIMs allow you to share data between devices.
- With your dual SIM iPhone, you can keep your local SIM when you travel to Arab Emirates.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for the USA)
eSIM coverage for travel to UAE
You want an eSIM with strong coverage throughout the country. A cheap card may not offer the best coverage, so make sure to buy one of our recommended options.
The best operators in the UAE are du Mobile and Etisalat Mobile, so we recommend buy a virtual SIM for eSIM carriers that use these providers.
Below are operators’ coverage maps for the United Arab Emirates.
4G and 5G coverage map of du Mobile carrier in the UAE
4G and 5G coverage map of the carrier Etisalat Mobile in UAE
4G and 5G coverage map of Virgin Mobile carrier in the United Arab Emirates.
Frequently asked questions about eSIM in the UAE
See below for the most common questions you might have before purchasing your eSIM to travel to the United Arab Emirates.
It is not necessary to present a passport, but some suppliers do require your address.
You can share your data by turning on your mobile hotspot or WiFi zone. See your cell phone’s manual for more instructions. Your travel companions will be able to connect through the WiFi settings on their phones. Sharing is caring, right? So let your friends and family get online!
Install the eSIM with a QR code from your email, chose it as the default cellular data medium, turn on cellular data and data roaming, and your virtual SIM will work. Contact the company if you have any issues.
Yes, just like physical cards, virtual SIM cards also have an expiration date.