Travel to Canada and enjoy all the beautiful places it has for you, such as Niagara Falls, Montmorency Falls, and Peyto Lake, among other sites that you will love. You can enjoy all this with the best internet connection, so you can share these landscapes with your friends or family. How do I connect to the internet? you may ask. There are multiple options such as prepaid SIM cards, roaming services in Canada, renting a Pocket WiFi for Canada, or buying new eSIMs to travel to Canada.
Don’t worry if you’re not familiar with the new eSIM card, because in this article we explain everything you need to know about eSIM Canada. Read about information such as international operators, local eSIMs, requirements, and features. You can even compare prices and plans of the different providers available that offer eSIM cards in this beautiful country.
Before we start, we want to tell you that there is a prepaid SIM card for Canada that has unlimited data and unlimited calls to this destination. You can receive it in Spain, France, Switzerland, Luxembourg, and Germany.
- High-speed connection without surprise bills.
- Receive your QR code instantly!
- Connect to the best network.
- Forget about roaming and searching for WiFi.
- Keep your WhatsApp number.
- Easy to set up: you’ll receive an email with your eSIM in seconds, no matter where you are.
- Get 5% OFF! Code: roaming5
- 1 Requirements to install the Canada eSIM card:
- 2 Cellular providers of digital SIM cards to travel to Canada
- 3 Prices and data plans of virtual SIM providers to travel to Canada
- 4 Comparison of eSIM providers for Canada
- 5 Features of the eSIM to travel to Canada
- 6 Coverage of the virtual SIM to travel to Canada
- 7 Local cellular operators offering eSIM in Canada
- 8 FAQ about eSIM Canada
Requirements to install the Canada eSIM card:
Before buying the Canada eSIM card you must meet some requirements because if you don’t, you will probably not be able to use the eSIM. Please note the following requirements:
- You must have a cell phone compatible with eSIM: additionally, check that your cell phone is supported by the eSIM carriers. We know for sure that the iPhone XR or more recent versions are preferred by the companies that provide virtual SIMs.
- It’s essential to have an email to register and receive your eSIM.
- It’s important that you have an internet connection: your eSIM profile will be downloaded from the operator’s servers after scanning the QR or installation code.
- Some providers will ask you to install their app to download the eSIM.
Cellular providers of digital SIM cards to travel to Canada
Here we inform you about the different providers available in the market so that you can buy your eSIM to connect to the internet in Canada. It should be noted that these companies sell international eSIM cards intended for use on tourism or business trips abroad.
- Three HK
Prices and data plans of virtual SIM providers to travel to Canada
In this section, you will be able to compare the prices and data plans offered by the different eSIM providers to travel to Canada – by comparing you choose the eSIM that best suits your needs. Don’t forget that with this card you help the environment.
Holafly plans and prices in Canada:
- 10GB for 30 days at $34 USD
- 20GB for 30 days at $44 USD
Three HK plans and prices in Canada:
- 10 GB for 30 days at $138 USD
- 20 GB for 30 days at $198 USD
- 35 GB for 365 days at $268 USD
TravelSim plans and prices in Canada:
- 250MB for 14 days at $31 USD
- 500MB for 30 days at $51 USD
- 1GB for 30 days at $75 USD
- 2GB for 30 days at $105 USD
- 3GB for 30 days at $156 USD
- 5GB for 30 days at $181 USD
Comparison of eSIM providers for Canada
|Provider||Data||Days||Price (USD)||Language||Sales channels|
|Holafly||10GB||30||$34||Spanish, English, German, and French||Web|
|Holafly||20GB||30||$44||Spanish, English, German, and French||Web|
Features of the eSIM to travel to Canada
Get to know the features that eSIM cards have for your travels to Canada. Despite their similarity, they’re not the same as traditional physical SIM cards. Check out the details here:
- Most eSIM cards don’t offer you analog calls, only data. So, to communicate by voice, you can use apps like Skype or WhatsApp.
- They can be installed only once, so, if you are having problems with your eSIM card, don’t delete it from your cell phone and contact your eSIM provider instead.
- You will have a dual-SIM iPhone, as you will be able to keep your local SIM when you travel to Canada. Remember to set up your iPhone to avoid surprise invoices.
- Some eSIMs configure the automatic APN.
- You can add multiple data plans on your iPhone, but this depends on the available memory, although it’s only possible to use one at a time.
- Some eSIMs allow you to share data.
Coverage of the virtual SIM to travel to Canada
Next, we show you the coverage maps of the different operators. Why is it important to know this? It’s essential since the eSIM cards that will offer you the best network coverage on your trip to Canada are those that have the largest number of roaming agreements with the main operators such as Telus, Rogers, Bell Mobility, or Virgin Mobile.
Telus 4G coverage map in Canada
Rogers 4G coverage map in Canada
Bell Mobility 4G coverage map in Canada
Local cellular operators offering eSIM in Canada
The eSIM has a Canadian number and provides most of the features that traditional SIM cards have, such as mini-SIM, nano-SIM, or micro-SIM.
Here we have listed the Canadian cellular operators that already have eSIM technology-enabled for their users. You must bear in mind that these are not intended for travelers, although there are exceptions.
- Virgin Mobile
FAQ about eSIM Canada
We answer the most common questions you may have before purchasing your eSIM to travel to Canada.
It’s not necessary to present a passport, but some providers do require your address.
Yes, eSIMs for Canada will allow you to share your data with other devices. However, we recommend checking with the provider’s customer service.
After installing the virtual SIM profile, you must choose it as the default means of cellular data, activate data, and roaming and your virtual SIM should now work.
Yes, like physical cards, virtual SIMs also have an expiration date.