These isles have a lot of international culture on their coast. Most travelers arrive at the capital of this destination and visit its most distinguished hotspots. If you are one of these types of tourists, and you want to share your experiences on social media, we recommend you try the eSIM card with cellular data for the Cayman Islands. With it, you will be able to forget about the expensive international roaming and connect to the internet throughout the entire time!
If you want to learn everything about this product, you are in the right place. Here we are going to tell you all you need to know about this new way to connect to the internet, one of the best alternatives so far.
Requisites to install an eSIM card
Before we start telling you how to buy an eSIM it is important you make sure you meet all the preconditions you have to meet to use it. It’s not hard, but it is important you take them into account, so you can fully enjoy your eSIM card:
- Your device must be compatible with eSIM technology. And it also has to be compatible with the eSIM card from the provider you choose.
- You need an active email account.
- You have to be connected to the internet for the eSIM activation.
- Do not activate it before arriving at your destination.
- You need a second screen, to show the QR code and scan it with the camera of your cellphone.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for the USA)
eSIM card providers for Cayman Islands
Now that you have read about the requirements, you may want to know how to buy this product. Well, to achieve this, you are going to need an eSIM carrier. It can be either international or local. Most travelers choose international providers because they offer eSIM cards for trips that last a month or two, and offer the internet during your trip. You can also get eSIM cards for other regions such as the eSIM card for Canada. Also, the purchasing process is really simple and fast.
If you are planning to stay at your destination for a longer time, you can obtain an international eSIM card from a local provider. They offer eSIM cards for residents and travelers. But, the purchasing process is longer and more complex because you will have to bring some required documentation.
However, currently, in the Cayman Islands, you can only get an eSIM card from international providers, and they are the following:
eSIM card providers for the Cayman Islands: data plans and prices
Even though the providers for the Cayman Islands are both international, they offer different data plans and prices, so, to help you pick the one that best suits your needs and budget, we have listed their prices and data plans below, and we also created a comparison table with additional information.
Holafly eSIM card for the Cayman Islands: data plans and prices
- 7 days with 3 GB at $37 USD
- 15 days with 7 GB at $44
- 30 days with 15 GB at $54
TravelSIM eSIM card for the Cayman Islands: data plans and prices
- 15 days with 1GB at $69 + $6 for the eSIM card
Comparison table between eSIM card providers for the Cayman Islands
|Provider||Data||Days||Price (USD)||Support||Where to buy it|
|Holafly||7GB||15||$44||English, Spanish, and more||Web|
|TravelSIM||1GB||15||$75||English||Web, Play Store, App Store|
Characteristics of the eSIM card for the Cayman Islands
We know that eSIM cards are new in the market and that not everybody is well-informed about this product. So, to make sure you learn all about the eSIM card, we have listed its main characteristics, its advantages, and more. You can read the list below:
- Usually, international eSIM cards offer only cellular data, so if you want to make calls you will have to do so using apps like WhatsApp or Messenger.
- If you have an Apple device, it will become a Dual SIM phone, which means that you will be able to use both the eSIM and the traditional SIM card at the same time.
- You can have more than one eSIM profile, but you can only use one at a time.
- You can install the eSIM card only once, so do not erase it if you encounter any problem, call your provider instead.
- Some providers offer additional advantages, like the Holafly eSIM card for the Cayman Islands, which lets you share your cellular data with other devices.
- Since it is a virtual device, the shipping is free and immediate.
- Other eSIM cards will let you connect in more than one country, such as the eSIM card for America which includes many of the destinations on this continent.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for Turkey)
Mobile coverage of the eSIM card for the Cayman Islands
The price and the data plan are two of the aspects that may interest you the most, but they are not the only things that matter. You also have to make sure that the eSIM card from the provider you choose offers a reliable and stable coverage.
If the coverage is not good, your connection won’t be good either, and you probably will experience some connection problems, like slow connection speed or even running out of the international internet in some zones. To avoid these inconveniences, you have to make sure that the eSIM card you choose, connects to the networks of the best local operators at your destination. If it works with an operator like Digicel, you won’t have to worry. The Holafly eSIM card for the Cayman Islands connects to this network, so great coverage is guaranteed.
Digicel 4G coverage map in the Cayman Islands
Local mobile operators with eSIM cards for the Cayman Islands
Some local operators offer data plans with eSIM cards included for their residents. Unfortunately, there are no local operators in the Cayman Islands that offer this product. So, the only way to get an eSIM card for this destination is with an international provider, like Holafly, one of the best international providers because of its great data plans and additional benefits.
Frequent questions about the eSIM card for the Cayman Islands
To obtain this device all you need is a temporary address at your destination, it can be the address of the hotel you are going to stay at.
It will depend on your provider. Some will let you do it, while others won’t.
If you have erased the QR code, or you erased the eSIM card from your cellphone, contact the customer support of your provider and ask for help.
There are other ways to connect to the internet during your trip. Some of them are more expensive or uncomfortable, like international roaming or pocket WiFi.
The speed of the connection will depend on the coverage of the eSIM card. If you choose the Holafly eSIM card, which connects to the Digicel network, the speed of the connection will be 4G LTE.