Germany is a pretty exciting country that’s worth visiting in Europe. Whether you choose to go to Berlin, Cologne, Stuttgart, or even visit some football stadiums, such as the Allianz Arena or the Signal Iduna Park, you will need a Germany SIM Card to keep in touch with everyone.
Therefore, you need to get all the information about that SIM Card, how you can buy it, and where you can get it. That’s why we will tell you everything you need to know about it so you can be prepared before your journey in Germany begins.
- 1 Where can I buy a German SIM Card?
- 2 Buying the Germany SIM Card before traveling
- 3 Holafly Online Shop
- 4 Buying the SIM Card while in Germany
- 5 How much does a SIM Card for Germany cost?
- 6 eSIM Card for Germany, a new alternative
- 7 How much does the eSIM for Germany cost?
- 8 Frequently Asked Question about the data SIM Card for Germany
Where can I buy a German SIM Card?
If you are thinking about traveling to Germany, you need to know about all the available ways to buy a SIM Card. As you will go to Europe, the first thing you need to know is that there are many options available for you to buy.
People can quickly arrive at the Berlin Airport or a Munich Airport and buy a SIM Card, as they will indeed find some options there. People will find stores, but these won’t be available only at the airport, people will surely see some mobile stores where they can buy these cards.
Also, there are some options to buy a Germany SIM Card before you arrive. These options that we mention are online stores, such as Holafly, a company that allows users to purchase an eSIM no matter where they are, and they will receive it within a few seconds.
The final decision has to be taken by the user, but let’s see what we can expect if we choose to buy before or after reaching Germany.
Buying the Germany SIM Card before traveling
- You will know how much money you have left: Knowing how much money you have left for your trip is quite important. Whether you want to spend it in a hotel, visiting a different city in Germany, or you simply don’t want to spend more than you should. Thanks to this method, you will always know how much money you will have for the trip.
- You can use your time enjoying the city: No matter if you stay two days or a week, chances are that you want to spend all that time visiting the city in which you will stay. If you choose to buy your Germany SIM Card before traveling, you won’t have to spend time looking for a store to buy; all you have to do is enjoy.
- No worries about not having internet once you reach Germany: Every time you visit a new country, you will like to stay connected, whether talking with someone you trust or simply using the map on your phone. For both tasks, you will need internet, so why not have it before arriving at your destination?
- You will get to pick the best option available for your phone: Technology is not the same everywhere we go. In Europe, things are a bit more advanced, so people that choose to buy their SIM Card before traveling will know if their phone is compatible with it or not.
Holafly Online Shop
You can choose to buy your SIM Card before reaching Germany in different stores. But, for us, HolaFly is one of the best options that someone can get. Thanks to this online shop, people will get the chance to buy their SIM Card no matter where they are at and no matter the moment.
Also, you can get access to some extra benefits by using their online shop. And, you will probably find a better price here than looking for it in a store while in Germany.
Let’s see some of the benefits people can get if they choose to use HolaFly:
- The eSIM will grant people a new number to receive phone calls.
- Coverage is pretty good; it is even better than what other mobile operators offer.
- Most of the time, the mobile data coverage will be 4G.
- The eSIM price is much lower than what other companies offer.
- People can buy these eSIMs and get them at no extra cost.
- Customer service is available 24/7.
The only detail that we can find when talking about the HolaFly eSIMs is that mobile data is not unlimited. But, people can choose the option that will suit them better, even if the price is a bit higher than the basic plan.
Buying the SIM Card while in Germany
- While looking for the SIM Card, you can meet more of the city you will stay in: Shopping is always something good to do, there’s no doubt about it. You can take this to your advantage because, while looking for your SIM Card, you can meet more of the city you will be staying in. The chances are that you will get to see some parks, museums, malls, and more!
- People might come across an offer from a mobile company: When shopping in-store, people can see some offers or extra benefits when buying a SIM Card. This won’t be available in other cases, so that it might be a good idea.
- People can try the SIM before buying it to see if it is compatible with their mobile: Not much to say here. As we said before, technology in Europe is way better than in Latin America, for example, so buying directly in a store will allow users to see if their phone is compatible or not with a German SIM Card.
- Complaints can be made directly in the store: You won’t get the chance to do if you buy the SIM Card on an online store. We hope that you don’t have any issue with it, but if it happens, you can go to the store and make a complaint about what’s happening.
Mobile carriers available to buy a SIM Card in Germany
Just like it happens in many different countries, Germany is a country with other mobile operators available for its people and travelers. Therefore, people should know which one is the best company for them, just in case they need to buy their SIM Card while in the country.
One of the most reliable options is O2, a company that is available throughout Europe and has coverage in Germany. Its price is not high, and the benefits are pretty good, especially for a traveler.
Another option is Orange. The company born in France is available in Germany as well, so people can count on them in case that they are looking for a non-expensive SIM Card for their trip.
Deutsche Telekom is a German company dedicated to telecommunications, and it is one of the most important ones from that country. Price is quite similar to what other companies offer, so people can choose them if they don’t have any other option available.
How much does a SIM Card for Germany cost?
At this point, you might be asking about the price of all the Germany SIM Cards that we mentioned. No worries, it’s time to clear all the doubts that you might have about the price, how much data you will have, and for how many days you can use it.
|Days of use||Available Mobile Data||Price (USD)|
eSIM Card for Germany, a new alternative
eSIM Cards are something entirely new, so if you haven’t heard about it, that’s ok. These cards were designed to use a digital SIM Card without changing the one they already own and still get all the features that a SIM provides.
Also, eSIMs are the perfect option for travelers. People can choose their destination and buy an eSIM that will work during the days that they will stay in Germany, in this case, for an affordable price and offer good benefits overall.
Requirements to buy an eSIM
- People can buy the eSIM Card by only having a valid physical address to make the purchase through an online store.
- Most of these online stores accept payments through Google Pay, PayPal, or credit card, so it’s a must to have at least one of these.
- Before purchasing it, people must tell the exact country that they will visit to get the right eSIM or data plan.
Pros and Cons about the eSIM for Germany
- Price will depend on the plan that you want to choose, yet, you can still save some money by choosing one of these cards.
- The eSIM mostly grants 4G speed when using it, but in case someone passes the data limit, they will keep 2G speed until they leave the country.
- Buying an eSIM can be done in every single country of the world in a matter of minutes.
- People can share their mobile data with other users.
- The eSIM will not erase the information that is stored on the SIM Card, in case people have them both.
Luckily, we can only tell two cons about the service offered about the eSIM:
- The mobile data available for usage is limited.
- Only new-gen mobiles and smartwatches are available to use an eSIM.
How much does the eSIM for Germany cost?
|Days of use||Available Mobile Data||Price (USD)|
Frequently Asked Question about the data SIM Card for Germany
People can rely on free WiFi while in Germany, yet, we recommend getting an eSIM or a Pocket WiFi as an alternative to a SIM Card.
Users must focus mostly on two things: Price and what it offers. If the price is relatively low with good benefits, go for it. Also, you should be aware of what shows up in the contract, in case there’s one existing.
This will depend on your mobile operator. In most cases, roaming costs starts at 3 euros, and can cost up to 15 euros per GB.