Europe is one of the most tourist places that people can visit. There are different countries that are a good option for some days off, and Austria is considered one of these countries. Whether you are planning to go to Vienna or other major cities of the country, chances are that you will need an Austria SIM card to keep connected while traveling.
But there’s a doubt that people have in mind. How can I buy an Austrian SIM card? Is it easy to buy, and what things should I know about it? Well, let’s talk more about it because this is an interesting topic, especially for travelers. In addition, we will also tell you about a very similar alternative, the new virtual SIM cards!
- High speed connection without surprise bills.
- Receive your QR code immediately.
- Connect to the best network.
- Forget about roaming and searching for WiFi.
- Keep your WhatsApp number.
- Easy to set up: you’ll receive an email with your eSIM in seconds, no matter where you are.
- Get 5% OFF. Code: roaming5
- 1 Where can I buy an Austrian SIM Card?
- 2 Buying your SIM Card while in Austria
- 3 Buying the SIM Card before traveling
- 4 How much does a SIM Card for Austria cost?
- 5 eSIM Card for Austria, a new alternative
- 6 Pros and Cons of the eSIM card for Austria
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions about the data SIM Card for Austria.
Where can I buy an Austrian SIM Card?
If you are planning to visit Austria in the upcoming years or days, then you probably want to be prepared for everything that can be an issue for you to solve later on. But, there’s no need to worry when talking about SIM cards, because they can be easily bought in almost every city of Austria.
Whether it is that you choose to go to Salzburg and enjoy the mountain weather or walk through the streets of the historical city of Vienna, you will surely see a spot in which you will be able to buy a SIM card.
But, let’s be honest, most of us like to have everything under control before the travel comes. Still, we are here to talk about some options that you can have in mind when choosing where to buy a SIM card for your trip.
Buying your SIM Card while in Austria
- You’ll have the option to try the SIM card before paying for the service: Not all SIM cards work in the same way, so some people might come across the problem that their phones are not capable of using a determined service. But, if you try it out physically, this is something that you can avoid.
- People can make complaints directly in a store: As you have bought the SIM card in a physical store, you can go there and make a complaint if needed. This way, you can solve your issues related to the SIM card easily.
- It’s the perfect option for meeting the city that you are visiting: If you decide to buy the SIM card once you have already reached the country, then you will be able to walk for a while, enjoy the views, and even meet new people when looking for that SIM card for your phone.
Mobile operators available to buy a SIM Card in Austria
In case you decide to buy a SIM card while in Austria, you might need some recommendations about which service is the best one for you. No need to worry because we’ll talk about that right now.
Just like it happens in different countries, Austria has lots of mobile companies available for people to use. But, there are some of them that are better than the rest, and that’s the ones that we recommend using.
So, if you are planning on going to Austria and buying a SIM card while being there, keep in mind that A1, Magenta, Red Bull Mobile, and Drei are the best options for travelers as well as for residents of the country.
If you are worried about the quality of the service, there’s no need to worry. The three of them are pretty good options and will surely give travelers proper coverage for as long as they are visiting some of the most beautiful places in Austria.
Buying the SIM Card before traveling
- Internet will be available once you reach the country: Once you start traveling, the phone signal won’t be the best for you, so you will surely need a SIM card to keep connected as much as you can.
- You will know how much money you’ll have left: If you purchase this SIM card before traveling, there will be a better chance for you to properly know how much money you will have left to spend on your journey.
- No need to worry about seeking a SIM card on your journey: You will surely like to enjoy your trip as much as you can, so if you buy the SIM card before you travel, then you will get all the time of your trip to make fun activities and meet more amazing places.
The best way to purchase your virtual SIM card before you start your trip is through online stores. Nowadays, there are a lot of online providers that offer physical prepaid SIM cards so you can enjoy phone services while you are in another country.
When browsing the internet, you can look for online stores that offer prepaid SIM cards for Austria. You should make sure that you are on a known and secure website. On the other hand, before buying one of these SIM cards online, you should consider that you will have to wait for the delivery of the SIM card, and you will not be able to test the SIM card until you have it with you. So it may not be the best alternative since you will still have to wait a few days to get it.
How much does a SIM Card for Austria cost?
Up to this point, we have been talking about how to buy a SIM card, where to buy it, and much more. But something is missing here that worries people a lot, and it is the price. How much will I spend on a SIM card in Austria?
The price will depend on how you buy it, and of course, on the provider. Without a doubt, if you buy in physical stores in Austria, you will most likely find prepaid SIM cards at a good price, from $10 to $20, but you will mostly have to recharge them to get more data. On the other hand, if you buy through an online store, prices tend to be a bit higher, and you can find prepaid SIM cards from $10 to around $60. The final price will vary depending on the number of days and data the SIM card offers.
eSIM Card for Austria, a new alternative
People out there have probably used a SIM card in the past. No one can deny it unless they have owned a phone in the past. But chances are that you have, but what if we ask you if you have used a virtual SIM card? Maybe the answer won’t be the same, but we have to say that virtual SIM cards are being the best alternatives for travelers nowadays. Even though it is a relatively new technology, it has proven to be worth using in most cases.
Purchasing a virtual SIM card through online stores is very easy. You can do the whole process in a matter of minutes and from anywhere in the world. One of the best online stores that offer this alternative is Holafly. With them, you can enjoy different benefits such as unlimited data with the virtual SIM card for Austria, as well as excellent internet connectivity and customer support 24 hours a day.
Requirements to buy a virtual SIM card
- A valid physical address that you can introduce on the website.
- Access to a payment method such as PayPal or Google Pay or credit cards to pay for the virtual SIM card.
- You must have a device compatible with eSIMs. You’ll be able to check in on the following list of compatible devices with eSIMs.
Pros and Cons of the eSIM card for Austria
- Virtual SIM cards grant people 4G coverage in most cases, and if they deploy their mobile data, they will receive 2G unlimited coverage.
- With some virtual SIM cards, people will be able to share the internet with other devices.
- People can use a virtual SIM card and a physical SIM card on the same device.
- The price of a virtual SIM card is lower than other traveling alternatives.
- Easy to purchase through a website.
- Mostly work with new-gen devices.
How much does the virtual SIM card for Austria cost?
You are probably wondering about the virtual SIM card prices. That’s why below you will find a table with the prices of the virtual SIM card for Austria from Holafly. Also, take into account that with their plans, you will be able to enjoy unlimited data.
|Days of use||Amount of cellular data||Price (USD)|
|5 days||Unlimited data||$19|
|10 days||Unlimited data||$34|
|15 days||Unlimited data||$47|
|20 days||Unlimited data||$54|
|30 days||Unlimited data||$64|
|60 days||Unlimited data||$84|
|90 days||Unlimited data||$99|
Frequently Asked Questions about the data SIM Card for Austria.
Finally, if you still have some doubts related to the SIM card or how to have internet during your trip to Austria, then we will leave you the answers to some frequently asked questions.
People can rely on free WiFi in Austria, yet, this is something that should be a temporary option.
People should look at two things: Price and benefits. If the prices and benefits are good enough, that’s the one for you, and you should also read the contract before using it.
It will depend on the mobile operator that you use, but prices are around $2.05 to $15 for each MB used at the most.