You probably already know that Trinidad and Tobago is a wonderful destination with breathtaking views, beautiful beaches and mountains, natural reserves, and even a gastronomic festival culture. To enjoy all these places and activities, you must be connected to the internet. Many people do that using either international roaming for Trinidad and Tobago or by getting an eSIM card with cellular data for this destination.
If you are interested in those options, we recommend you read this article. Here you will find all the information about international roaming services from different operators worldwide.
- 1 Roaming in Trinidad and Tobago from different operators: a comparison
- 2 How does the roaming service work in Trinidad and Tobago?
- 3 How much does the roaming service cost from the main operators for Trinidad and Tobago?
- 3.1 Roaming in Trinidad and Tobago from AT&T
- 3.2 T-Mobile roaming in Trinidad and Tobago
- 3.3 How much does it cost to connect to the internet in Trinidad and Tobago with O2?
- 3.4 Roaming with Vodafone in Trinidad and Tobago
- 3.5 Rogers price in Trinidad and Tobago
- 3.6 Roaming in Trinidad and Tobago with Telstra
- 4 Roaming alternatives for Trinidad and Tobago
- 5 How to activate roaming in Trinidad and Tobago?
Roaming in Trinidad and Tobago from different operators: a comparison
We know that the price of these services is one of the things that interest you the most. So, to help you make the best decision, we have created a comparison chart between the prices of the main cellular operators from the USA, Canada, the UK, and Australia, such as Vodafone, T-Mobile, AT&T, Rogers, and others.
|Cellular operator||Cellular data / Internet|
How does the roaming service work in Trinidad and Tobago?
International roaming services usually include calls, SMS, and cellular data. The type of plan depends on each cellular carrier. (In the comparison table, we only show you the price of cellular data).
For example, for postpaid customers, each company has different prices and benefits. That’s the reason why you have to check all this information before choosing if you use your domestic cellular operator’s roaming, so you make sure you pick the data plan that best suits your needs and budget. It is very important that you also check the coverage each operator offers at your destination.
How much does the roaming service cost from the main operators for Trinidad and Tobago?
Next, we will be talking in more detail about the different plans and prices offered by some cellular operators. That way, you can get an idea of the prices and benefits in general and check what your local operator offers.
Roaming in Trinidad and Tobago from AT&T
One of the most popular carriers in the US and even in Mexico is AT&T. Therefore, if this is your operator, you have various options to use international roaming to Trinidad and Tobago. With the $10 per day International Day Pass, you get unlimited cellular services. An alternative you can also go for with this company is the pay-as-you-go service, which has the following rates:
- Calls: $3 per minute.
- Send texts: $0.50/message
- Send pictures and videos: $1.30/message
- Internet: $2.05
T-Mobile roaming in Trinidad and Tobago
Another renowned cellular provider in the United States is T-Mobile. So if you are their customer and want to use their roaming services during your trip, then there are a few things you should consider. The first thing is that if you currently have one of the Simple Global Plans, you can enjoy roaming services on your trip at no extra cost. You will only have to pay for your talk time.
On the other hand, if you currently have any other plan from this company, then you will have to pay according to your consumption. The rates are as follows:
- Data: $15/MB
- Messages: $0.50
- Talk: $0.25/min
How much does it cost to connect to the internet in Trinidad and Tobago with O2?
Like most providers, including those mentioned in this post, O2 lets you make calls, send SMS, and connect to the internet in Trinidad and Tobago, just as if you were at home. Additionally, the cost is quite cheap; users traveling to Trinidad and Tobago will just pay $6 per day to enjoy O2 roaming services.
Roaming with Vodafone in Trinidad and Tobago
Vodafone is another of the most used operators in Europe. Users from the UK who want to connect to the internet in Trinidad and Tobago will have to pay only $6 per day. And they will be able to use their UK allowance of data, minutes, and texts.
Rogers price in Trinidad and Tobago
For Canadians who require a roaming service to visit Trinidad and Tobago, Rogers is a rather good cellular operator option. Customers can choose between two alternatives depending on their needs. The first is the Roam Like a Home plan, which costs $15 a day and includes minutes, texts, and data in your plan while away from home. However, consumers can also choose the pay-per-use option, which has the following rates:
- Call: $3 per minute
- Text: $0.75 per text
- Data: $15 per 10 MB
Roaming in Trinidad and Tobago with Telstra
Finally, Telstra, an Australian cellular service provider, lets clients roam Trinidad & Tobago. The pay-per-use service will be available to travelers at the following rates:
- Calls: $5 per minute
- SMS: $0.75 for each SMS
- Data: $3 per MB
Roaming alternatives for Trinidad and Tobago
In case you are not convinced by the plans and benefits of cellular carriers you can choose other alternatives that offer internet in Trinidad and Tobago for an accessible price, like the Holafly eSIM card with cellular data.
Holafly eSIM cards for Trinidad and Tobago
It is one of the most popular options nowadays. It has many advantages. One of them is that, since it is a virtual device, you don’t have to visit a physical store to buy it; you can get it through an online store and immediately receive the QR code for the eSIM activation in your email. Such a great advantage since you can get it anywhere you are. But you have to make sure that your cellphone is eSIM compatible.
To buy an eSIM, you have to find an international eSIM card provider, like the Holafly online store. Once there, you pick the eSIM card for the destination you need, choose the data plan and the number of days, complete the purchase, and that’s it!
As you can see, it is very simple to get this product, and you can find it available for other destinations, like the eSIM card for Bermuda, or the eSIM card for Antigua and Barbuda.
- You can buy it and activate it in less than a minute.
- 24-hour customer service and support.
- Keep your number.
- Share your cellular data with other devices.
- Holafly has an App for eSIM available.
- You won’t be able to make calls or send texts.
- Your cellphone must be eSIM compatible. We recommend you check this on the eSIM-supported cellphones list.
Free WiFi in Trinidad and Tobago
Another way to connect to the internet in Trinidad and Tobago is using the public WiFi hotspots available in different places. These spots will let you connect to the internet for the time you want. However, it is not a great option because these networks are not safe, and your personal information can be easily stolen.
- Internet with no MB restrictions.
- You can find them in different places.
- It is not stable or fast.
- It is not safe. Your personal information can be easily stolen, such as your email accounts, or passwords.
Renting a Pocket WiFi
Finally, you can connect to the internet using Pocket WiFi. It is a small router you can carry in your pocket and will create a private WiFi network for you and your friends to connect to the internet.
It is a great option if you are not traveling alone, but it is also very expensive. So, we don’t recommend you this option if you are traveling on your own.
- Many MB, but you need a SIM card with data or a WiFi plan.
- It is a portable device.
- If you lose it, you will have to pay for the replacement because it is not protected against loss or theft.
- You have to make sure it’s charged all the time.
- It is more expensive than prepaid SIM cards for Trinidad and Tobago.
How to activate roaming in Trinidad and Tobago?
In case you decide to use the international roaming service anyway, we recommend you check the list below, where you can learn how to activate it:
- AT&T: find the “Roaming” option and activate it through your cellular settings.
- T-Mobile: call dialing #RON#
- Vodafone: it is activated from its website in the private area or My Vodafone App
- O2: text O2TRAVEL to 23336.
- Rogers: On your device, go to “Settings”, find the “Mobile/Cellular Data” menu, and then press on the “Roaming” option to activate or deactivate the service.
- Telstra: You can activate it through the My Telstra app.