Nowadays, one of the easiest ways to connect to the internet abroad is using the international roaming service of your domestic operator. However, there are many nitty-gritty details of this service that you may not know, so if you are planning to use it to get a cellular internet connection in Grenada, we recommend you read this article.
Here you are going to find everything you need to know about international roaming, how it works, the prices, and more. If you are not convinced by it, don’t worry because we’ll show you other options to connect to the internet, like the eSIM card for Grenada.
- 1 Roaming in Grenada from different operators: a comparison
- 2 How much does the roaming service cost from the main operators in Grenada?
- 2.1 Roaming in Grenada from Verizon
- 2.2 T-Mobile roaming in Grenada
- 2.3 What’s the price of the AT&T roaming service in Grenada?
- 2.4 Telus roaming in Grenada
- 2.5 Rogers price for the roaming service in Grenada
- 2.6 How much does it cost to connect to the internet in Grenada with O2?
- 2.7 Roaming with Vodafone in Grenada
- 2.8 Roaming in Grenada with Three
- 2.9 Roaming in Grenada with Optus
- 2.10 Roaming in Grenada with Telstra
- 3 Roaming alternatives for Grenada
- 4 Renting a Pocket WiFi
- 5 How to activate roaming in Grenada?
Roaming in Grenada from different operators: a comparison
One of the most important things you may want to know is the price and plans each company offers. So, to help you make the decision that best suits your needs and budget. Keep in mind that the price we are showing you in the table below is only for cellular data mainly.
|Cellular operator||Cellular data / Internet|
|Verizon||1MB at $2.05 USD|
|T-Mobile||1MB at $15|
|AT&T||1MB at $2.05|
|Telus||1MB at $10|
|Rogers||10MB at $15|
|O2||$6 per day|
|Vodafone||1MB at $6.05|
|Three||1MB at $6.00|
|Optus||1MB at $2.00|
How much does the roaming service cost from the main operators in Grenada?
The first thing you have to know about this service is that the price is going to vary depending on the operator you use. It is because roaming services work with connectivity contract agreements with cellular operators, which means that your operator lets you connect to the services of a cellular operator from the country you are visiting. And the price for doing that is the one you have to pay at the end of your trip.
Roaming in Grenada from Verizon
One of the biggest cellular companies in the USA is Verizon. So if you are a customer of this operator, it will let you use all the cellular services in Grenada. The rates for the pay-as-you-go service are the following:
- Calls made: $1.79/minute
- SMS: $0.50.
- Internet: $2.05/MB.
In addition, Verizon also offers a daily plan for those who prefer through this option. The Travel Pass is priced at $10 per day and includes unlimited data, calls, and text. Please note, however, that with the Travel Pass, internet speed may be slower at times.
T-Mobile roaming in Grenada
This company is a major U.S. carrier, offering all roaming services for your trip to Grenada. T-Mobile’s customers with one of the Simple Global Plans can enjoy unlimited phone services at no extra cost. However, those with other plans will be charged at pay-as-you-go rates, which are as follows:
- Calls made: $0.25/min.
- SMS: $0.50 per text.
- Internet: $15/MB.
What’s the price of the AT&T roaming service in Grenada?
Continuing with the American operators, we have AT&T. Users of this company will be able to choose between two different options to use the roaming service to Grenada. First, the International Day Pass is a plan with which persons can enjoy unlimited phone service for $10 per day,
On the other hand, AT&T also allows its users to use the pay-per-use service, with which they will only have to pay for the consumption they have. The details of this service are as follows:
- Calls: $3 per minute.
- Send texts: $0.50/message
- Send pictures and videos: $1.30/message
- Internet: $2.05
Telus roaming in Grenada
Telus is a very well-known operator from Canada. So, if you are their customer and you want to connect to the internet in Grenada, you could use the Easy Roam Plan. With it, you’ll be able to enjoy data services from their plans, as well as unlimited calls and messages, for just paying $15 per day. On the other hand, you can also use the pay-per-use service. We recommend you consider the following rates:
- Internet: $10 per MB.
- Calls: $3.50 per minute.
- Send SMS: $0.75 per text.
Rogers price for the roaming service in Grenada
To avoid surprises at the end of your trip, we recommend you use your cellular data wisely during your trip. The price you will have to pay for activating the Rogers roaming service is the following:
- Call: $3 per minute
- Text: $0.75 per text
- Data: $15 per 10 MB
Likewise, this Canadian company also offers the Roam Like Home plan, with which travelers and customers will be able to use its telephone services, paying only $15 a day.
How much does it cost to connect to the internet in Grenada with O2?
If you want to connect to the internet using this company, the price you are going to pay for the O2 Travel Bolt On Plan is $6 per day. With this plan, you’ll be able to use all the data you need, unlimited minutes to make and receive calls, and unlimited texts to send each day within Grenada.
Roaming with Vodafone in Grenada
Vodafone is another popular company in the UK, and this operator’s users who want to connect to the internet in Grenada will have to pay the following price:
- Calls made: $1.69/min + $1.21 for call establishment (VAT included)
- Received calls: $1.69/min + $1.21 for call establishment (VAT included)
- SMS Sent: $1.21 per message sent (VAT included)
- Received SMS: free
- Data: $6.05/MB (VAT included)
Roaming in Grenada with Three
If you want to use the roaming service from this operator, the prices of this company are the following:
- Calling a UK number: $2 per minute.
- Receiving calls from any number: $1.25 per minute
- Texts to the UK: $0.35 per text
- Data: $6 per MB
- Using voicemail: $2 per minute
Roaming in Grenada with Optus
Optus is a cellular operator widely used in Australia. So if you are a customer of this company, then you can enjoy roaming services at the following prices:
- Calls made to locals: $1.90 per minute
- Calls made to other countries: $5.80 per minute
- Received calls: $1.65 per minute
- SMS: $0.55 for each SMS
- Data: $2 per MB
Roaming in Grenada with Telstra
If you are a Telstra user, unfortunately, you will not be able to use any cellular service for Grenada, as they do not have any roaming agreements with cellular providers in this country.
Roaming alternatives for Grenada
As you can see, the price of international roaming service is very high. So, if you want to avoid that, we are going to show you other alternatives that are a little bit within reach and will let you connect to the internet during your trip. Some of them have additional benefits, like the eSIM card with cellular data for Grenada, or the eSIM card for the Caribbean, which has many destinations, or the eSIM card for Bermuda.
Holafly eSIM cards for Grenada
One of the best alternatives to connect to the internet in Grenada is the international eSIM card, also known as a virtual SIM card. This product will let you connect to the internet for a reasonable price at the destination you choose. You will be able to buy an eSIM card for Grenada, or for other destinations, like the eSIM card for Antigua and Barbuda, and more. But, remember that your cellphone has to be eSIM compatible.
If you want to get this device, you have to find an international eSIM card provider, like the Holafly virtual store, which will let you buy your eSIM card for Grenada with free and immediate shipping.
- You can buy it and activate it in less than a minute.
- 24-hour customer service and support.
- You can share your cellular data with other devices.
- Keep your number.
- You won’t be able to make calls without using apps like WhatsApp or Skype.
- Your cellphone must be eSIM compatible. We recommend you check this on the eSIM-supported cellphones list.
Free WiFi in Grenada
Another way to connect to the internet in Grenada is using the public WiFi spots you can find in different places. However, we recommend you connect to these networks for a short time because they are not safe, and your information can be easily stolen. You can use apps like Facebook to know where the closest WiFi network is.
- Internet with no data restrictions.
- You can find them in different places.
- It is not stable or fast.
- It is not safe. Your personal information can be easily stolen, such as your email accounts, or passwords.
Renting a Pocket WiFi
Finally, you can connect to the internet using Pocket WiFi. It is a small router that you can carry in your pocket and will create a private WiFi network for you and your friends to connect to the internet.
- It offers many MB.
- It is a portable device, so you can take it anywhere.
- If you lose it, you will have to pay for the replacement in case you didn’t buy the theft/loss insurance.
- You have to make sure you keep the battery charged because if it’s not charged you won’t be able to use your data.
- It is more expensive than prepaid SIM cards for Grenada.
How to activate roaming in Grenada?
In case you decide to use the international roaming service, nonetheless, because you don’t want to buy any extra device, you can activate it following the steps shown below:
- Verizon: Go to “Settings” on your phone, press on the “Mobile/Cellular Data” option, and then press on the “Roaming” option.
- T-Mobile: call #RON# to activate it.
- AT&T: Activate the roaming option through your cellphone’s settings.
- Telus: you can activate it through the company website or send a message to 7626.
- Rogers: go to “Settings”, find the “Mobile/Cellular Data” menu, and then press on the “Roaming” option.
- O2: text O2TRAVEL to 23336.
- Vodafone: you can activate it from their website in the private area, or it’s My Vodafone App
- Three: Go to your device’s settings, then go to the cellular data option and turn on the roaming.
- Optus: You can activate it through the My Optus app.