Many travelers choose international roaming services to connect to the internet when traveling abroad. It is a service that cellular operators offer to connect to the internet or make calls or send texts while you are in another country. In this case, we are going to tell you how roaming in Algeria works.
Before telling you how it works and how to activate roaming with main operators, we are going to tell you the price of each carrier. If you think it is very expensive, we’ll show you other alternatives to connect to the internet during your trip for an accessible price, like the eSIM card for Algeria.
- 1 Roaming in Algeria from different operators: a comparison
- 2 How much does the roaming service cost from the main operators in Algeria?
- 2.1 Roaming in Algeria from T-Mobile
- 2.2 AT&T roaming in Algeria
- 2.3 What’s the price of the Verizon roaming service in Algeria?
- 2.4 Roaming with Vodafone in Algeria
- 2.5 Three roaming in Algeria
- 2.6 How much does it cost to connect to the internet in Algeria with O2?
- 2.7 Optus price for the roaming service in Algeria
- 2.8 Telstra international roaming service for Algeria
- 2.9 Roaming in Algeria with Rogers
- 2.10 Roaming in Algeria with Telus
- 3 Roaming alternatives for Algeria
- 4 How to activate roaming in Algeria?
- 5 Roaming for other destinations:
Roaming in Algeria from different operators: a comparison
One of the most important aspects to know about roaming is the price and the rates, so to help you make the decision that best suits your needs and budget, we have listed below the price of each operator to connect to the internet in Algeria. It is only the price of cellular data, but we are going to provide you more information later in this article.
|Cellular operator||Cellular data / Internet|
|T-Mobile||$15 per MB|
|AT&T||$10 per day (International Pass) – $2.05 per MB|
|Verizon||10$ per day – 100$ (International Monthly Pass) – $2.05 per MB|
|Vodafone||$6.05 per MB|
|Three||$6 per MB|
|O2||$7.20 per MB|
|Optus||$2 per MB|
|Telstra||$3 per MB|
|Rogers||10$ per day|
|Telus||9$ per day|
How much does the roaming service cost from the main operators in Algeria?
The price of getting internet in Algeria, or to make calls or send texts, depends on the operator you choose. It may vary depending on the roaming contract agreements your operator has with the local cellular operators at your destination. Most companies share this feature so that the prices may be similar. Anyway, no matter the operator, it will be expensive.
Roaming in Algeria from T-Mobile
This big operator from the USA offers international roaming services to its customers through different options. It is essential to mention that if you are a user of this company, you will be able to enjoy different benefits depending on the plan you have.
That is, if you have one of T-Mobile’s Simple Gold Plans, you will be able to enjoy unlimited data and text messaging without paying extra fees; you will only have to pay for calls made at $0.25 per minute. If you have another type of plan, you will be able to use roaming services for the following prices:
- Calls made: $0.25/min.
- SMS: $0.50 per text.
- Internet: $15/MB.
AT&T roaming in Algeria
On the other hand, AT&T is also a very popular carrier in the United States. So if you are a user of this company, you can use the international roaming service differently. You can choose to use the International Day Pass, with which you can enjoy your phone services for $10 a day. However, you can also use the pay-per-use option, which rates are:
- Calls: $3 per minute.
- Send texts: $0.50/message
- Send pictures and videos: $1.30/message
- Internet: $2.05
What’s the price of the Verizon roaming service in Algeria?
If you activate the Verizon roaming service with the pay-per-use option, you will receive and make calls, send texts, and connect to the internet for the following price:
- Calls made: $1.79/minute
- SMS: $0.50.
- Internet: $2.05/MB.
However, Verizon users will also be able to use certain plans to enjoy international roaming. These are the International Travel Pass, with which users will have to pay US$10 per day and can enjoy unlimited services, although some domestic data allowance applies. The second option is the International Monthly Pass, which costs $100 per month and offers certain benefits.
Roaming with Vodafone in Algeria
If you are from Europe and are a Vodafone customer who wants to connect to the internet in Algeria, you will have to pay the following price, VAT included:
- Calls made: $1.69/min + $1.21 for call establishment (VAT included)
- Received calls: $1.69/min + $1.21 for call establishment (VAT included)
- SMS Sent: $1.21 per message sent (VAT included)
- Received SMS: free
- Data: $6.05/MB (VAT included)
Three roaming in Algeria
If you are a Three customer, you will be able to connect to the internet in Algeria for one of the highest prices. If you are going to activate the service of this operator, we recommend you use your cellular data wisely. Its prices are the following:
- Calling a UK number: $2 per minute.
- Receiving calls from any number: $1.25 per minute
- Texts to the UK: $0.65 per text
- Data: $6 per MB
- Using voicemail: $2 per minute
How much does it cost to connect to the internet in Algeria with O2?
The roaming service for Algeria of this company has the following price and rates:
- Making calls: $2/min.
- Receiving calls: $2/min.
- Sending texts: $050 per text.
- Data: $7.20 for each MB
Optus price for the roaming service in Algeria
If you want to avoid outrageous rates and bills at the end of your trip, and you are an Optus user, we recommend you consider the following prices:
- Calls made to locals: $1.65 per minute
- Calls made to other countries: $3.50 per minute
- Received calls: $1.45 per minute
- SMS: $0.55 for each SMS
- Data: $2 per MB
In addition, to make use of this company’s roaming, you will need to have a compatible device. Also, data speeds may vary due to capacity limitations from international connections.
Telstra international roaming service for Algeria
Telstra is a very popular carrier in Australia. If you are a Telstra customer, you should know that they offer the Day Pass plan, but unfortunately, it is unavailable in Algeria. On the other hand, you can use the pay-per-use option, which rates are:
- Make and receive a call: $5.00 per minute.
- Send SMS: $0.75 per SMS.
- Data: $3.00 per MB.
Roaming in Algeria with Rogers
This is a Canadian cellular provider, and you must be careful with your consumption because you will have to pay for it at the end of your trip. With the Roam Like Home plan, you will be able to use your plan’s minutes, texts & data for $15 per day. On the other hand, the prices for the roaming service of Rogers to Algeria with the pay-per-use option are the following:
- Call: $4 per minute
- Text: $0.75 per text
- Data: $9.99 per 3 MB
Roaming in Algeria with Telus
Finally, Telus is another Canadian provider, so if you are their user, you can use the international roaming service to Algeria with their Easy Roam Plan, and you’ll just have to pay $15 per day and enjoy unlimited text and calls, with data allowance from your plan. On the other hand, the pay-per-use option has the following rates:
- Internet: $10 per MB.
- Calls: $3.50 per minute.
- Send SMS: $0.75 per text.
Roaming alternatives for Algeria
In case the prices we just showed you do not convince you, don’t worry because other alternatives offer an internet connection for a reasonable price and for more than one destination, like the eSIM card for Africa or the eSIM card for Algeria.
Holafly eSIM cards for Algeria
Virtual SIM cards or eSIM cards are one of travelers’ favorite options nowadays. It will let you connect to the internet for a fair price at the destination you choose. You can pick an eSIM card for Egypt or an eSIM card for Morocco, for an accessible price. You can also buy an eSIM card for Algeria and forget about international roaming. Anyway, your cellphone must be eSIM compatible.
If you are interested in getting a regional eSIM card for Africa, or a local eSIM card for Algeria, you have to find an international eSIM card provider, like Holafly, one of the best providers. With it, you will only have to choose the data plan you want, fill out the purchase form, and that’s it.
- You can buy it and activate it in less than a minute.
- 24-hour customer service and support.
- You can share your data with other devices.
- Keep your number.
- You won’t be able to make calls without using apps like WhatsApp or Skype.
- Your cellphone must be eSIM compatible. We recommend you check this on the eSIM-supported cell phones list.
Free Wifi in Algeria
Another alternative is connecting to free public WiFi networks. You can find them in public places such as parks, malls, or bus stations, or even in private places like a hotel or a restaurant, where you will only have to make a small order to get the password. But be careful because even though it is an easy option, it is not safe, and it is recommended that you don’t use public networks for a long time.
- Internet with no MB restrictions.
- You can find them in different places.
- It is not stable or fast.
- It is not safe. Your personal information can be easily stolen, such as your email accounts or passwords.
Renting a Pocket WiFi
Finally, you can get Pocket WiFi. But they are very expensive, so this alternative is not recommended for those who are traveling alone. But if you are going to share the internet connection with other devices, it may be of your interest.
- It offers many MB.
- It is a portable device so that you can take it anywhere.
- If you lose it, you will have to pay for the lost equipment because the price doesn’t include protection against loss or theft.
- You have to make sure that the battery is sufficiently charged it because if it’s not charged, you won’t be able to use your data.
- It is more expensive than prepaid SIM cards for Algeria.
How to activate roaming in Algeria?
In case you decide to use the international roaming service, you can find below a list with a guide to activating the roaming service of each company. However, use your cellular data wisely because you are going to pay for consumption.
- T-Mobile: call #RON# to activate it.
- AT&T: Activate the roaming option through your cellphones settings.
- Verizon: Go to “Settings” on your device, press on the “Mobile/Cellular Data” option, and then press on the “Roaming” option.
- Vodafone: it is activated from its website in the private area or it’s My Vodafone App.
- Three: Go to your device’s settings, go to the mobile/cellular data option and turn on the roaming.
- O2: text O2TRAVEL to 23336.
- Optus: You can activate it through the My Optus app.
- Telstra: through the My Telstra app.
- Telus: you can activate it through the company website or send a message to 7626.
- Rogers: go to “Settings”, find the “Mobile/Cellular Data” menu, and then press on the “Roaming” option.