If you want to travel to more than one country in South America, we tell you how to find the best Latin America Multi-country SIM card, without paying additional fees, Pocket wifi rental fees, and without the risk of losing personal information by connecting to free wifi. Also, remember that your operator’s roaming is not a solution because of its very high prices.
Holafly’s Latin America Multi-Country Data SIM will give you Internet coverage in 10 countries on this continent at 4G speed.
If your phone allows it, you can buy an eSIM or digital card and the best thing, you can simply receive it by email and scan the QR code!
- 1 Which SIM card for South America offers me the most data at the lowest price?
- 2 Where to buy the best data SIM card Latin America?
- 3 Buy my South America SIM card before traveling
- 4 Buy my SIM card in South America
- 5 SIM card for Internet in South America: Which one to buy?
- 6 Frequently asked questions SIM card for Latin America
- 7 SIM cards for another destinations
Which SIM card for South America offers me the most data at the lowest price?
It is advisable to choose a sim card with the most days and mobile data available at a low price. In addition, it is important that the SIM card allows you to keep your WhatsApp number and is easy to use.
- High speed connection without surprise bills.
- Receive your QR code instantly!
- Connect to the best network.
- Forget about roaming and searching for WiFi.
- Keep your WhatsApp number.
- Easy to set up: you’ll receive an email with your eSIM in seconds, no matter where you are.
- Get 5% OFF! Code: roaming5
And so, we will show you different options so that you can choose the one that best suits you. For example, Holafly’s SIM cards for Latin America Multi-country offer you to surf 10 countries from USD 45 in 4G coverage!
Where to buy the best data SIM card Latin America?
Although we have given you an excellent alternative, we would like to mention that online stores allow you to make purchases from the comfort of your home, of course, before traveling.
This option is the most advisable during the Coronavirus pandemic since you will avoid crowds, long lines and save time if your other option is to buy it upon arriving at your first destination in South America.
Buy my South America SIM card before traveling
The most convenient option and recommended by many travelers is to order the SIM through an online store like Holafly that offers free shipping. Before leaving, you put it in your suitcase, arrive at your first destination, and avoid being disconnected from the Internet while looking to buy a prepaid sim card.
Holafly South America SIM Card
Holafly offers two 30-day cards with 10GB or 12GB at 3G speed, which are very easy to use. With free shipping, you can connect to the Internet as soon as you land at your destination. In addition, you can use your international SIM card in the following countries: Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, and Uruguay.
And if your mobile is compatible, you can go for an eSIM and use it in: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, and Uruguay.
|Days||Data Amount||Price (USD)||Price (USD)/ Day|
|30||10 GB||45||1,27 / day|
|30||12 GB||51||1,62 / day|
Advantages of Holafly:
- It’s a Multi-Country card, this SIM has coverage in up to 10 countries and the eSIM in up to 11 countries.
- You will be able to keep your WhatsApp number.
- Easy to use, just put the card in your mobile, activate data roaming and that’s it.
- Free shipping! Recieve it in just 72 business hours.
- Holafly also has SIM Cards for each country: SIM Card Brazil, SIM Card Chile, SIM Card Colombia, SIM Card Costa Rica, SIM Card El Salvador, SIM Card Guatemala, SIM Card Nicaragua, SIM Card Panama, SIM Card Peru, SIM Card Puerto Rico, SIM Card Uruguay, SIM Card Mexico, SIM Card Argentina.
- It does not allow sharing data with other devices.
TravSIM Data SIM Card
This platform allows us to choose between 10 or 15 days with 6GB of mobile data. At first glance, it seems that they offer free shipping but after entering the data the shipping has an additional cost of $23 USD.
- You can use the card for 15 days.
- You will pay for the card and data cost around $40 USD.
- You will receive the sim card within 2 to 5 working days.
- Technical support is only available from 9 am. to 10 pm. GTM +1.
- You cannot share data with other devices.
How much does a SIM card for South America cost?
Now that you have a better idea of the pros and cons of the alternative tasting, as well as its particularities and characteristics, we summarize the information in this comparative chart, showing you which options are the best in a cost/benefit ratio. Our recommendation is that you focus on the final price, what you will be charged, and not on the promotional price, the one you are sold.
|Card cost||Cost of data (USD)||Shipping price (USD)||Amount of data (USD)||Total cost (USD)|
As we can see, Holafly offers 10 GB for a single price, without paying for shipping or the physical card. In addition, the other companies have high shipping costs and take a long time to arrive.
Buy my SIM card in South America
It is available at airports, shopping malls, authorized kiosks, vending machines, or authorized stores.
I will now show you the main mobile operators operating in this great continent, which is home to the largest number of Internet users worldwide.
América Móvil, under the trade name “Claro”, is one of the largest telecommunications companies in Latin America. It has SIM cards that you can reload with data, SMS, and national calls in each country.
- It has a variety of options, data only or data and calls.
- If you purchase a SIM card in a South American country and travel to another using the same chip, it will have an additional roaming cost.
- Some options do not offer you a few days, instead offers a standard term begining at 3 months.
The company Telefónica S.A. with its commercial brands “Movistar” and “Vivo”. It is the oldest in South America, has SIM card options for 3G and 4G coverage. They offer tariffs from 100 MB in high speed from 7 to 14 days.
- Their rates include taxes.
Some SIM cards can only be picked up at some airports in South America.
Being the second-largest mobile operator in Latin America, there’s coverage in over 10 countries. You will even be able to buy their SIM cards in different parts of South America.
- Free WhatsApp
- To activate the SIM you must be connected to Wifi.
- You will be charged for the sim and the data package.
SIM card for Internet in South America: Which one to buy?
If we talk about a low price for all the benefits they offer, the only one that qualifies as a winner is Holafly’s Latin America Multi-Country SIM Card.
You also have the following benefits:
- Keep your WhatsApp number, even if you change SIM and continue communicating with your contacts.
- 24 hour support via email, chat and WhatsApp.
- Share data, like a Pocket wifi, on several devices.
- Free shipping! Receive it within 72 working hours.
Frequently asked questions SIM card for Latin America
You can choose to buy a data SIM card, use roaming, portable Wifi or search for places with free Wifi while traveling in South America.
Many of the South American operators charge between 6 to 15 euros per MB consumed outside Europe, so it all depends on how you use your mobile data in South America.
You should look for the SIM card that best suits the number of days you will be staying and how much data it provides. Also, make sure the final price includes shipping costs and other expenses.
The easiest way is to do it with online providers (such as Holafly) or upon arrival at your destination at the airport and in operator stores. However, in the first country, you visit it may take longer to buy a prepaid sim and you will not have internet until the chip is activated.
The price depends on the data plan, days, and validity of the SIM card you buy. For example, Holafly has a data SIM card for Latin America Multi-country. They are very easy to use and you can share data with other mobiles.