Are you traveling around Latin America? Well, like any modern traveler, you’ll want to stay connected to the internet throughout your trip. But how can you do this without paying a fortune? The eSIM for Latin America is a new virtual SIM card that offers cheap cellular data throughout the continent. And it’s incredibly easy to set up!
In this article, we’ll tell you how an eSIM works and where you can find the best deal. Let’s take a look and learn more about this revolutionary piece of technology.
- 1 What is an eSIM for Latin America?
- 2 What you should know about the eSIM for Latin America:
- 3 Cellular eSIM card providers when traveling to Latin America
- 4 eSIM rates and data plans when traveling to Latin America
- 5 Comparison of eSIM providers for Latin America
- 6 Which eSIM for Latin America should I buy?
- 7 What can I do with my eSIM when I travel to Latin America?
- 8 eSIM coverage for travel to Latin America
- 9 Frequently asked questions about the eSIM in Latin America
- 10 eSIM for other destinations
What is an eSIM for Latin America?
The eSIM (short for embedded SIM) is a virtual SIM card that offers internet and calls. Currently, few phones are compatible with eSIM technology, but experts predict it will be the future of mobile technology.
But how does the eSIM work? Well, all you have to do is scan a QR code, activate your data plan and you’ll be connected to the internet – there are no long forms to fill in or contracts to sign and no fiddly installation process.
Once you buy your eSIM for Latin America, it will arrive in your emails in seconds – so you can connect no matter where you are. This makes it a more convenient option than a traditional SIM because there’s no waiting around for your card to be delivered. The whole process can be completed in minutes.
And then you’ll be able to connect to the internet in multiple Latin American countries!
This makes connecting to the internet abroad easier than ever! Just check that your phone is compatible with this revolutionary technology.
What you should know about the eSIM for Latin America:
Before you buy your eSIM, make sure you remember:
- Your cell phone must be eSIM compatible – check here
- You’ll need an email address to activate the eSIM
- You may need an internet connection to download the eSIM, which is why you should download it before you go
- Some providers will ask you to install their app to download the eSIM.
Buy your Latin America eSIM with a discount.
Discount code: roaming5
Cellular eSIM card providers when traveling to Latin America
We’ve prepared a list of providers that offer you the eSIM Latin America card. All these companies offer eSIMs for travelers.
- Au by KDDI
eSIM rates and data plans when traveling to Latin America
As long as your phone is compatible, you’ll be able to connect to the internet with an eSIM in Latin America. If your phone is not compatible, you can purchase a physical Latin America SIM card with 10GB or 12GB of data.
Let’s take a look at the different deals and prices offered by eSIM companies:
Holafly data plans and prices in Latin America:
- 6GB for 15 days at $44 USD
Au by KDDI data plans and prices for Latin America:
- 8GB for 30 days at $81.31 USD
Simtex data plans and rates in Latin America:
- 5GB for 30 days at $75 USD
YeSIM data plans and rates for Latin America:
- 100MB for 7 days at $4.87 USD
- 300MB for 7 days at $14.60 USD
- 500MB for 14 days at $21.90 USD
- 1GB for 14 days at $42.59 USD
Comparison of eSIM providers for Latin America
|Provider||Data||Days||Price (USD)||Support available in||Sales channels|
|Holafly||6GB||15||$44||English and Spanish||Web|
|Au by KDDI||8GB||30||$81.31||English and Portuguese||App Store, Google Play|
|YeSIM||100MB||7||$4.87||English and Russian||Web|
|YeSIM||300MB||7||$14.60||English and Russian||Web|
|YeSIM||500MB||14||$21.90||English and Russian||Web|
|YeSIM||1GB||14||$42.59||English and Russian||Web|
Which eSIM for Latin America should I buy?
Looking at the table above, we recommend Holafly’s eSIM for Latin America. It’s cheaper than other options and others 1GB of data, which is enough for common internet usage such as Google Maps, WhatsApp, and listening to music.
Plus, Holafly others all the following advantages:
- Instant delivery – no waiting around, just scan the QR code sent to your email and you’ll be able to connect.
- Keep your WhatsApp number – you’ll have access to all your current contacts and conversations even with a new SIM card
- Share data between devices – share data with your travel companions so everyone stays connected
- Easy to use – it’s simple to set up a Holafly eSIM, but if you have any problems just contact their 24-hour customer support team
What can I do with my eSIM when I travel to Latin America?
An eSIM for Latin America allows you to connect to the internet in multiple Latin American countries. Let’s take a look at some important features:
- Some eSIMs allow you to share data between multiple devices – perfect if you’re traveling in a group
- On dual-sim cards, you can keep your current SIM activated for calls and messages
- Some eSIMs set up automatic APNs.
- eSIMs can be installed only once, so if you are experiencing problems with your eSIM card; do not remove it from your cellphone and contact your eSIM provider.
- Most eSIM cards do not offer analog calls, only data. For voice communication, you can use apps like Skype or WhatsApp.
eSIM coverage for travel to Latin America
eSIMs for Latin America connect to various networks in the continent such as Movistar and Claro. We’ve prepared these maps to show you which networks offer the best coverage. We recommend choosing an eSIM that connects to the networks with the most coverage.
Movistar 3G coverage map in Latin America
Claro’s 3G network coverage in Latin America
Telcel’s 3G coverage map in Latin America
Frequently asked questions about the eSIM in Latin America
We answer the most common questions you may have before purchasing your eSIM to travel to Latin America.
No, but some suppliers may ask for your address.
Yes, the eSIM for Latin America will allow you to share your data with other devices. However, we recommend that you check with the provider’s customer service.
Install the eSIM with a QR code from your email, chose it as the default cellular data medium, turn on cellular data and data roaming, and your virtual SIM will work. Contact the company for more advice.
Yes, just like physical cards, virtual SIM cards also have an expiration date.