Paris is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. It is full of fashion, art, culture, and delicious food! There is no way you won’t end up filling your cell phone with amazing pictures and videos. Best of all, you will probably want to share them with your loved ones, so you will need an eSIM card to be connected all the time in Paris.
The eSIM card will let you keep in touch with your family and friends, search for information about tourist spots, and more! Furthermore, if you don’t speak French, you will need your Mobile data to use the translator.
To help you pick the best eSIM card for you, we have created this article. Here you will read about sellers and operators, prices, plans, and network coverage. Let’s begin!
- 1 eSIM card for Paris: how does it work?
- 2 Where can I get my eSIM?
- 3 eSIM card for Paris: data plans and prices
- 4 eSIM card for Paris: Characteristics
- 5 Map coverage in Paris
- 6 Can I get an eSIM card from local operators?
- 7 Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Paris
eSIM card for Paris: how does it work?
If it’s the first time you hear about this type of device, you must know that it is a virtual data SIM card. You won’t have to insert a physical card into your cellphone because it’s digital. It has the following characteristics:
- You will have an internet connection as soon as you land.
- Your cellphone will be more efficient thanks to the fact that it won’t have to handle two physical cards.
- You receive your eSIM card in minutes!
- You can keep your traditional SIM card and cellphone number, even if you activate the eSIM.
- There are many devices eSIM compatible. Your cellphone may be one of them.
- You can get a prepaid eSIM card for Europe and use it in different countries of this region, without having to change your card.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for the USA)
Where can I get my eSIM?
If you already checked that your cellphone is eSIM compatible, it’s time you know where you can buy your eSIM card for your trip. Some main sellers are the following ones:
eSIM card for Paris: data plans and prices
Now that you know which cellular operators offer this card, it’s time you know about their data plans and prices. You can read this information below, where we show you the data plans and the prices of each seller.
Holafly eSIM card for Paris with unlimited data
- 5 days for $19.00
- 15 days for $47.00
- 20 days for $54.00
- 30 days for $64.00
- 60 days for $84.00
KnowRoaming eSIM card for Paris: plans and prices
- 1GB / 30 days for $3.93
- 5GB / 30 days for $12.79
TravelSIM eSIM card for Paris: plans and prices
- 1GB / 5 days for $11.59
- 3GB / 14 days for $24.33
- 3GB / 30 days for $28.33
|Seller||Mobile data||Days||Price||Where to buy it?|
|Holafly||Unlimited data||30 days||$64.00||Web|
eSIM card for Paris: Characteristics
The eSIM card has some special characteristics, they will depend on the seller you choose, but usually, they are the following:
- You can use cellular apps like WhatsApp and Telegram to make calls because, usually, the eSIM card doesn’t include calls.
- You can use the eSIM once and on just one device.
- Not only that, but you can activate more than one data plan with your eSIM, but you can only use one at a time.
- It is not necessary to acquire Pocket WiFi to access the internet in Europe, the eSIM card will provide an internet connection in your destination right when you land.
- If you don’t know how to configure the eSIM card, don’t worry, you will receive the eSIM card and the instructions for its activation.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for Europe)
Map coverage in Paris
Something you must know before buying your eSIM card is how much coverage the operator offers in the destination you are traveling to. This way, you will be able to pick the eSIM card from the operator that best suits your needs.
Bouygues Telecom coverage map
Free (sans itinérance) coverage map
Orange Mobile coverage map
SFR Mobile coverage map
Can I get an eSIM card from local operators?
If you want to get your eSIM card from local operators, you can. However, you should keep in mind that not all local operators offer their services to tourists. You will probably have to show some documents to have an eSIM card from any of the following local operators.
- Bouygues Telecom
- Free (sans itinérance)
- Orange Mobile
- SFR Mobile
Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Paris
You will have to communicate with the Online chat or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling what happened. Someone from customer service will contact you to send you the QR code again.
You start using them right when you activate the eSIM card on your device.
You will find 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G networks depending on your location.