Either if you love art and architecture, or if it’s the first time you are traveling to Barcelona, you are going to need an eSIM card for Barcelona. With it, your internet connection will be guaranteed, and you will be able to look for the information you need without having to look for WiFi networks.
From the famous church ‘Sagrada Família’ to the ‘Museo de Picasso’, or the History Museum of Barcelona, there are many attractions you cannot miss. So, to organize your routes, you will need an eSIM card for Barcelona, to have the internet.
In this article, you are going to read all you need to know about the eSIM card for Barcelona, where to buy it, data plans and prices, coverage, local cellular operators, and more. All the information needed in this article. Let’s begin!
- 1 eSIM card for Barcelona: what is it and how does it work?
- 2 Where can I get my eSIM?
- 3 eSIM card for Barcelona: data plans and prices
- 4 Comparison Table
- 5 eSIM card for Barcelona: Characteristics
- 6 Map coverage in Barcelona
- 7 Can I get an eSIM card from local operators?
- 8 Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Barcelona
eSIM card for Barcelona: what is it and how does it work?
Before buying an eSIM card, you have to know what is it. We can tell you that it is a virtual SIM card, but it is so much easier to use and more comfortable than a SIM card. It has the following characteristics:
- Since it is a virtual device, you don’t have to put any plastic product in your cellphone.
- You can have more than one eSIM profile on the same device, and you can keep your WhatsApp number.
- To scan the QR code for the eSIM activation, you will need a second screen, or to print the code.
- Some sellers will let you access the eSIM card on their website or an app, which you will have to download. It is not Holafly’s case.
- While you install the eSIM card, you will have to be connected to the internet. You won’t be able to use your cellular data until the installation process ends.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for Europe)
Where can I get my eSIM?
You probably want to know which providers offer the eSIM card for Barcelona. Many companies offer this product, and you can acquire it online. You can read below which are the best:
eSIM card for Barcelona: data plans and prices
It is also important to know the data plans and prices that the eSIM sellers offer. The price of the data plans we are going to show you depends on the amount of data and the number of days you choose. You can read them below:
Holafly eSIM card for Barcelona with unlimited data
- 5 days for $19.00
- 15 days for $47.00
- 20 days for $54.00
- 30 days for $64.00
- 60 days for $84.00
Flexiroam eSIM card for Barcelona: plans and prices
- 1 GB / 15 days for $10.77
- 3 GB / 24 days for $21.55
- 5 GB / 15 days for $28.40
- 5 GB / 24 days for $30.36
- 7 GB / 24 days for $35.26
- 10 GB / 24 days for $46.03
Truphone eSIM card for Barcelona: data plans and prices
- 1 GB / 1 day for $5.00
- 4 GB / 30 days for $9.00
- 6 GB / 30 days for $14.00
- 12 GB / 30 days for $20.00
- 20 GB / 30 days for $28.00
|Seller||Data||Days||Price (USD)||Where to buy it?|
|Flexiroam||10GB||24||$46.03||Web, Play Store, App Store|
|Truphone||20GB||30||$28||Web, Play Store, App Store|
eSIM card for Barcelona: Characteristics
Knowing the characteristics of the product you are about to buy is essential too. You probably want to know everything about the eSIM card for Barcelona, so you can finally decide if it is the best alternative for you. Its main characteristics are the following:
- Being a virtual device that does not need a physical installation, it helps the environment.
- Depending on the seller, you will be able to share your cellular data with other devices. But remember that your cellular data is limited.
- The eSIM card has a closed plan and a specific amount of cellular data. So, if you need more data, you will have to buy another eSIM card.
- Usually, the APN is configured automatically on your cellphone.
- The eSIM card is installed only once and on just one cellphone.
- You have to make sure that your device is eSIM compatible. You can ask your provider about this.
If your cellphone is not eSIM compatible, don’t worry. You can always get a Holafly SIM card with cellular data for Barcelona, to connect during your trip. You can pick the type of shipping, and you have 24-hour service and support.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for the USA)
Map coverage in Barcelona
Something you have to know before buying your eSIM card is how much coverage the operator offers on the destination you are traveling to. You should ask your provider about the local operators with which they have accords. Then, you can check the coverage maps below.
Movistar coverage map
Orange coverage map
Vodafone coverage map
Can I get an eSIM card from local operators?
Before you leave, we want to tell you about the eSIM cards from local operators. Usually, they do not offer data plans for travelers. So, you will have to find a provider that has connection agreement contracts with any of the following operators:
- Movistar Mobile
- Orange Mobile
- Vodafone Mobile
Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Barcelona
You can have more than one eSIM profile. Since you can only use one at a time, you have to change it from the ‘settings’, ‘cellular data’, pick the data plan or the profile eSIM you want to use, and then click on ‘activate’.
You have to open the camera and then point it at the QR code, to achieve that you will need to have it on another screen or printed. When the notification appears on your screen, click on continue, and wait for the configuration to be done.
The Holafly eSIM card for Barcelona works with the Movistar Mobile Spain network, one of the best operators in this country.