If your next trip is to Israel, but you are afraid to use roaming because of the high prices, relax! We will help you find the best Israel SIM Card while visiting Haifa, The Dead Sea, Jerusalem, Bethlehem or Nazareth.
We will show you a comparison of the prepaid SIM cards that best suit your travel days, with the necessary amount of GB and above all provide you with the best coverage in the country at a good price.
If your cell phone is compatible we advise you to buy a digital card or eSIM, this is much easier to buy and install on your cell phone without having to contact the delivery person. You will receive a code in your e-mail, scan it and you already have Internet on your cell phone!
- 1 Why buy a SIM card for Israel?
- 2 Which SIM card for Israel offers me the most data at the best price?
- 3 Where to buy the best prepaid SIM card for Israel?
- 4 Buying Israel SIM card before leaving the country
- 5 Buying SIM card in Israel
- 6 SIM card for Israel: Which one to buy?
- 7 Frequently asked questions about Internet and SIM card for Israel
Why buy a SIM card for Israel?
Buying a SIM card is the most practical and convenient way to have Internet in another country. An alternative option would be to use your operator’s roaming, however, the costs for using it outside the country are very high.
Which SIM card for Israel offers me the most data at the best price?
We must choose a card that suits our needs and provides us with secure coverage while traveling in Israel. We must take into account; low prices, quality of coverage, amount of mobile data or GB, shipping cost, if it includes phone number and if the company has assistance in my language.
And if you ask yourself: is it possible to find all that on a single data card? The answer is yes! We advance you that Holafly’s Israel SIM cards have many benefits that compared to other stores are economical and quality.
Where to buy the best prepaid SIM card for Israel?
When planning a trip, the last thing we want is to have unnecessary worries. For this reason, we recommend that you purchase a prepaid SIM card before you travel.
Online stores like Holafly make shopping easier for us by allowing you to shop from the comfort of your couch without having to be exposed to long lines or coronavirus infection.
The second option is to buy the card when you arrive in Israel, at Ben Gurion International Airport. Also at post offices, shopping malls and stores of national operators.
Buying Israel SIM card before leaving the country
This is the perfect option in times of coronavirus, forget about looking for stores while you don’t have Internet. Here we show you some options such as features, advantages and disadvantages of operators with virtual stores that facilitate your shopping.
Holafly Israel Prepaid SIM Card
Holafly has two SIM cards for us, the first one offers you 5 GB for the promotional price of 39.63 USD and the second one has 12 GB of data for 51.28 USD, both with a 30-day coverage.
|Days||Data||Price (USD)||Price / Day|
|30||5 GB||39,63||1,3 USD / day|
|30||12 GB||51,28||1,7 USD / day|
Advantages of Holafly:
- Free shipping.
- No need to wait in long lines to buy a card.
- Easy to use, just place the card in your mobile, activate data roaming and that’s it!
- This SIM includes a phone number and you can use this number to receive calls.
- 24-hour assistance in Spanish, English, German and French.
- You will have the best coverage in Israel with local operators such as Orange or Pelephone.
Disadvantage of Holafly:
- It does not allow sharing data with other cell phones.
One SimCard offers a prepaid SIM card, it has more than 15 types of data packages. Note that this company will charge you for everything, i.e. card, shipping and data.
- You can receive local calls and SMS totally free of charge.
- You will be able to choose from different data packages.
- You will be charged 35 USD for the card alone, plus an additional 29.14 USD for a few data.
- The payment for 250 MB for 14 days costs around 27.97 USD.
- You will be charged for shipping, with costs varying from $3.19 USD and up.
How much does a SIM card for Israel cost?
After looking at the advantages and disadvantages of each option, we will discuss how much each card costs in a comparative table. The only thing left to do is to choose the best and low-cost one.
|Card cost||Cost data||Shipping cost||Amount of data||FINAL PRICE|
|Holafly||–||51,28 USD||–||12GB||51,28 USD|
|One SimCard||34,97 USD||57,11 USD||3,19 USD||250 MB||95,27 USD|
We would definitely choose Holafly which charges you half the price. Plus you get more data and you don’t pay for shipping.
Buying SIM card in Israel
As we told you, you can buy the SIM card at airports, post offices, local stores of the operators, stands and supermarkets. You will have to wait in long lines and enter crowded places that are best avoided in times of coronavirus.
You will find a myriad of mobile operators such as: Cellcom, Golan Telecom, Hot Mobile, Pelephone, Rami Levy, We4G, YouPhone, Orange, 019Mobile and 012Mobile and possibly more. Many of the operators do not offer SIM cards for tourists.
If you buy the prepaid card in Israel, it is recommended that the customer installs the SIM card himself, do not let someone else handle your mobile in times of coronavirus.
This operator has the “Pelephone prepaid tourist” card, which offers 3 packages with national calls, data and messages.
- Prepaid packages are valid for 30 days.
- You only have 3 package options that you may not use everything included such as local SMS, voicemail and social networking only photos.
- Their platforms to recharge credit or buy data are in Hebrew language.
It is one of the oldest companies in Israel, offering different types of data packages. You will find sales booths all over Israel, however, you will have trouble communicating with salespeople who only speak Hebrew.
- Some data packages may last for days or a month.
- It has a bad reputation for customer service.
- It is recommended not to use credit cards to buy, they have no guarantee or bank account.
SIM card for Israel: Which one to buy?
Undoubtedly it is the Israel SIM Card from Holafly, which offers two excellent cards, for 39.63 USD you will have 5 GB of data, as well as another at 51.28 USD with 12 GB of data, both for 30 days.
In addition, you will be able to access the following benefits:
- Receive free local calls.
- Free shipping.
- 24-hour support in English, Spanish, German and French, via e-mail and chat.
- Easy to use, just place the chip, put it in and activate “data roaming”.
- Maintain your Whatsapp number, so you can connect with your friends and family.
- Better coverage with local operators Orange or Pelephone. These are the two main operators that have good coverage.
Frequently asked questions about Internet and SIM card for Israel
You can have internet in Israel in different ways, for example: by buying a SIM card, contracting roaming from your mobile operator, using free wifi and even renting a Pocket Wifi.
You will have better coverage in Israel than with a local SIM card, as it connects to the network of major mobile operators such as Orange or Pelephone. That means that if one operator’s network is not available, it will seek to connect to the other.
The Holafly SIM card allows you to use it for 30 days.
Prices vary depending on how many days the data plan is valid, whether it includes shipping costs and whether they provide you with a phone number in Israel. For example, at Holafly you have two 30-day card options, with 5GB at $36.63 USD and 12GB at $51.28 USD. Plus, you don’t pay for shipping and you get the best coverage.