If your next trip is to Israel, but you are afraid to use roaming because of the high prices, relax! We will help you find the best Israel SIM Card while visiting Haifa, The Dead Sea, Jerusalem, Bethlehem or Nazareth.
We will show you a comparison of the prepaid SIM cards that best suit your travel days, with the necessary amount of GB and above all provide you with the best coverage in the country at a good price.
If your cell phone is compatible we advise you to buy a digital card or eSIM for Israel, this is much easier to buy and install on your cell phone without having to contact the delivery person. You will receive a code on your e-mail, scan it and you’ll have Internet on your cell phone!
Why buy a SIM card for Israel?
Buying a SIM card is the most practical and convenient way to have Internet in another country. An alternative option would be to use your operator’s roaming, however, the costs for using it outside the country are very high.
Which SIM card for Israel offers me the most data at the best price?
You must choose a card that suits your needs and provides secure coverage while traveling in Israel. Keep in mind low prices, quality of coverage, amount of mobile data or GB, shipping cost, if it includes a phone number, and if the company has customer service in your native language.
And if you ask yourself: is it possible to find all that on a single data card? The answer is yes! We’ll let you on a sneak peek that Holafly’s Israel SIM cards have many benefits that compared to other stores are economical and quality.
Where to buy the best prepaid SIM card for Israel?
When planning a trip, the last thing we want is to have unnecessary worries. For this reason, we recommend that you purchase a prepaid SIM card before you travel.
Online stores like Holafly make shopping easier for you by allowing you to shop from the comfort of your couch without having to be exposed to long lines or coronavirus infection.
The second option is to buy the card when you arrive in Israel, at Ben Gurion International Airport. Also at post offices, shopping malls, and stores of national operators.
Buying Israel SIM card before leaving the country
This is the perfect option in times of coronavirus. Forget about looking for stores while you don’t have Internet. Here we show you some options such as features, advantages, and disadvantages of operators with virtual stores that facilitate your shopping.
One SimCard offers a prepaid SIM card, it has more than 15 types of data packages. Note that this company will charge you for everything seperately, i.e. card, shipping, and data.
- You can receive local calls and SMS totally free of charge.
- You will be able to choose from different data packages.
- You will be charged $35 USD for the card alone, plus an additional $29.14 USD for a little data.
- The payment for 250 MB for 14 days costs around $27.97 USD.
- You will be charged for shipping, with costs varying from $3.19 USD and up.
How much does a SIM card for Israel cost?
After looking at the advantages and disadvantages of each option, we will discuss how much each card costs in a comparative table. The only thing left to do is to choose the best and low-cost one.
|Card cost||Cost data||Shipping cost||Amount of data||FINAL PRICE|
|One SimCard||34,97 USD||57,11 USD||3,19 USD||250 MB||$95,27 USD|
Buying a SIM card in Israel
As we told you, you can buy the SIM card at airports, post offices, local operator stores, stands, and supermarkets. You will have to wait in long lines and enter crowded places that are best avoided in times of coronavirus.
You will find a myriad of mobile operators such as Cellcom, Golan Telecom, Hot Mobile, Pelephone, Rami Levy, We4G, YouPhone, Orange, 019Mobile, 012Mobile, and possibly more. Many of the operators do not offer SIM cards for tourists.
If you buy the prepaid card in Israel, it is recommended that the customer installs the SIM card himself, do not let someone else handle your mobile in times of coronavirus.
This operator has the “Pelephone prepaid tourist” card, which offers 3 packages with national calls, data and messages.
- Prepaid packages are valid for 30 days.
- You only have 3 package options that you may not use everything included such as local SMS, voicemail and social media – only photos.
- Their platforms to top-up or buy data are in Hebrew language.
It is one of the oldest companies in Israel, offering different types of data packages. You will find sale booths all over Israel, however, you will have trouble communicating with salespeople who only speak Hebrew.
- Some data packages may last for days or a month.
- It has a bad reputation for customer service.
- It is recommended not to use credit cards to buy, they have no guarantee or bank account.
eSIM card for Israel, the new alternative
eSIMs, or embedded SIM cards, are the new generation of SIM cards that do not require physical installation. Instead, you can scan a QR code to activate your eSIM. This makes it very convenient for world travelers to purchase unlimited data eSIMs for different countries from online stores like Holafly.
In the case of Israel Holafly, it has a virtual SIM card and unlimited data plans. Ideal for all types of travelers and for not having to reduce your usual data usage. They offer multilingual customer service and the possibility of recharging the eSIM with top-ups.
Before purchasing an eSIM for Israel, it is advisable that you confirm some conditions to be able to use them.
- We mentioned new phones, and the truth is that not all phones on the market are compatible with eSIM. You can confirm if yours is using the updated list of compatible phones.
- Now you know that eSIM for Israel is virtual so that you will receive them as a QR code in your email. You must have a valid email address to access to purchase one.
- It is something that you can anticipate, but we clarify for the purchase process and first-time installation of the eSIM, you need an internet connection. It is favorable that you do it before your trip, or if you are already in Israel, use a secure public connection.
Frequently asked questions about Internet and SIM card for Israel
You can have internet in Israel in different ways, for example: by buying a SIM card, contracting roaming from your mobile operator, using free wifi, and even renting a Pocket Wifi.
With Holafly eSIM you will have better coverage in Israel than with a local SIM card, as it connects to the network of major mobile operators such as Pelephone. That means that if one operator’s network is not available, it will seek to connect to the other.
The Holafly virtual SIM card allows you to use it for 5, 7, 10, 15 or 20 days.
Prices vary depending on how many days the data plan is valid, whether it includes shipping costs and whether they provide you with a phone number in Israel. You can consider a price range between $15 and $50 depending on the provider and data plan.