Both Holafly and Phonect are companies that offer cellular internet for travelers with international data plans. These data plans are set up by selecting the destination you are traveling to and the number of days you need. Both these providers offer options to avoid expensive international roaming.
You may be wondering about how each company works, their coverage, their prices… You may also want to know about their advantages and disadvantages.
They are great alternatives, so we will help you compare them, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs. You will find detailed information, a comparison table, and our recommendation. Let’s begin!
Holafly VS Phonect: What is an eSIM card?
The eSIM card is a virtual SIM card that lets you connect to the internet without having to get a new chip or carry an extra device with you with cellular WiFi.
The eSIM card is not the same as a SIM card. They are implanted in the device’s hardware, and you can use them with your desired network. Changing operators or devices is easier this way since you don’t have to remove your old SIM card from your device or change it every time you travel to another country.
Holafly eSIM card: How does it work?
Holafly is a company directed at international travelers. If you buy their eSIM card, you will have an internet connection from the very first moment you activate it! That’s why it is essential you don’t activate it before traveling.
To get an eSIM with Holafly, the process starts by visiting their website and searching for the destination you are traveling to. You will find that many of their data plans are unlimited, which is excellent for travelers who use a lot of data.
There are a variety of eSIM and data plans to choose from. If you need to extend your service, you can buy a top-up for the same destination, and you will renew your plan without installing a new eSIM.
How is the coverage of the Holafly eSIM card?
You have to know that Holafly lets you connect to the leading operators of each country. So, a great connection is guaranteed. Usually, it connects to 4G networks. You can verify which local network you will be connected to by viewing the technical specifications of the virtual SIM card for each destination.
In the same technical data section, you can confirm if the eSIM includes a phone number. When the number is available, you can use up to 120 minutes for international calls at no additional cost.
Holafly eSIM card: prices and data plans
- eSIM card for Europe with unlimited data and phone number from $19.00
- Virtual SIM card for Asia from $47.00
- eSIM for North America from $54.00
- Data eSIM for Latin America from $44.00
- Unlimited data eSIM for China with VPN from $19.00
- eSIM card for trips to the Netherlands from $19.00
Advantages of the Holafly eSIM card
- You buy it online.
- You can keep your WhatsApp number.
- Furthermore, you don’t have to remove your SIM card from your cellphone.
- It has a VPN incorporated for destinations like China.
- Austrian number (+43) included in destinations such as Europe, Spain, Italy, France, and Germany.
- Many destinations with unlimited data plans are available.
- 24/7 customer support in more than five languages
- The website is available for purchase in more than twelve languages and various international currencies.
- Coverage and service in more than 160 destinations.
Disadvantages of the Holafly eSIM card
- They do not send SIM cards to foreign countries, but you can solve this with an eSIM card.
- You cannot send SMS with your eSIM card, only use instant messaging like WhatsApp.
- If the data plan is unlimited, you will not be able to share data with nearby devices.
Phonect eSIM card: How does it work?
The Phonect eSIM card lets you get a data plan for your trip. You activate it with a QR code, so you won’t have to insert a traditional SIM card on your cellphone. This brand offer connecting solutions and cellular internet for its international SIM card and eSIM card.
How is the coverage of Phonect?
This company lets you connect in more than 140 countries. You only have to select the data plan that best suits your needs. They count on many international contract agreements so you will have a stable connection to each destination.
Phonect eSIM card prices
- eSIM United States: $23.00 – $52.00
- eSIM Europe: $14.00 – $45.00
- eSIM Asia Full: $22.00 – $59.00
- eSIM China, Hong Kong AND Macau: $32.00 – $73.00
- eSIM Japan: $24.00 – $49.00
- eSIM Australia and New Zealand: $22.00 – $59.00
Advantages of the Phonect eSIM card
- Available in more than 140 destinations
- Plans for all kinds of travelers
- You can top up your plan
- No contracts or permanence clauses
Disadvantages of the Phonect eSIM card
- Once you receive the email with your eSIM, you cannot ask for a refund
Holafly VS Phonect: a comparison table
You can find more information about these two companies in the comparison chart below, this way you will be able to make the decision that best suits your needs.
|Provider||Customer service and support||Can I buy it online?||App||Compatibility|
|Holafly||Yes||Yes||Yes, available with Apple||Almost all devices with unlocked bands.|
|Phonect||Yes||Yes||No||iPhone 12 onwards, iPhone 11, 11 Pro, XS, Max*, XR*. Samsung Note 20+ onwards, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G onwards. Huawei P40* and P40 Pro*. Google Pixel 3&3XL, 4, 4a, and 5.|
Holafly VS Phonect: our recommendation
Before you leave, we want to give you our recommendation. The Holafly internet connection is more stable and robust than the Phonect’s. Thanks to its roaming agreements, Holafly offers better download and upload speed than Phonect. Also, if you visit the Holafly virtual store, you will find plans with discounts and the possibility of getting an eSIM card with unlimited data for some destinations.
Frequent questions about Holafly VS Phonect
You start using your data plan from the first moment you activate the eSIM card.
We recommend you configure the eSIM the same day you travel or at the airport when you arrive. You will need to be connected to the internet to do this. When you get to your destination, all you will have to do to activate it, is to turn on the data roaming. A piece of cake!
The Holafly eSIM card is compatible with the following devices:
iPhone XS, XR onwards, iPhone SE 2 (2020)
Samsung Galaxy S20 onwards, Galaxy Fold onwards, Galaxy Note 20 onwards, and Galaxy Z Flip onwards
Huawei P40, P40 Pro, Mate 40 Pro, and newer models
Google Pixel 3, 3rd, Pixel 4, 4 XL, 4a, 5, and newer models
Oppo Find X3 Pro and Oppo Reno 5A
Motorola Razr (2019) and Razr 5G (dual SIM).
You can confirm other compatible devices in Holafly’s updated list.