Yemen has so wonderful places and attractions to offer to its visitors, such as the Queen of Saba, the Magical route of incense, and more. If you travel to this destination in the south of the Arabian Peninsula, you will be able to visit many different touristic hotspots. If you don’t want to miss anything, you’ll need a great International internet connection, so you can look for directions or places to go. Forget about international roaming, and get the new eSIM card for Yemen! Continue reading to know more.
Requisites to install the eSIM card for Yemen
Before telling you about the eSIM card for Yemen, you need to know that, since this is a new trend in consumer tech, not all cellphones support it, so we recommend you read the requirements below to see if you can get an International eSIM card.
- You need an eSIM-compatible smartphone. You also have to make sure that the eSIM card from your provider is compatible with your device. Most providers are compatible with iPhone XS and onwards.
- You need an active email account to receive the eSIM card.
- You have to be connected to the internet for the eSIM activation.
- To activate your eSIM card, you will need a second screen, to show the QR code and scan it with your cellphone.
- You can only activate the eSIM card at your destination, not before.
- Some providers will ask you to install additional apps to acquire and activate the eSIM card.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for the USA)
eSIM cellular providers for Yemen
Now that you have read about the conditions you have to meet to buy an eSIM card, it’ll be easier for you to obtain one. You can get an eSIM card from international eSIM Providers. They only offer eSIM cards for trips, so keep in mind that they won’t last longer than 2 months.
There are other providers, such as local cellular providers, that offer eSIM cards. But the purchasing process is usually more complicated, and you have to show some IDs, such as your passport.
Nowadays, there are no local providers that offer eSIM cards for Yemen, so you can only acquire them from international providers.
They are the following:
eSIM card for Yemen: prices and data plans
Other important aspects are the data plans and prices that each provider offers for the eSIM card. To help you compare them, we have prepared a list and a comparison chart, for you to make the best decision. Anyway, before making any important decision, you should also check the coverage of the eSIM card in Yemen.
Holafly eSIM card for Yemen: data plans and prices
- 15 days with 6 GB at $44 USD
GigSky eSIM card for Yemen: data plans and prices
- 100 MB for 30 days at $50
TravelSIM eSIM card for Yemen: data plans and prices
- 1 GB for 30 days at $17
- 3 GB for 30 days at $41
- 5 GB for 30 days at $63
Webbing eSIM card for Yemen: data plans and prices
- 500 MB for 1 day at $12
- 3 GB for 30 days at $52
eSIM card for Yemen data plans and prices, comparison table
|Provider||Data||Days||Price (USD)||Support||Where to buy it|
|Holafly||6GB||15||$44||Spanish, English, German and French||Web|
|GigSky||100MB||30||$50||English||Web, App Store, Play Store|
|TravelSIM||1GB||30||$17||English||Web, App Store, Play Store|
|Webbing||3GB||30||$52||English, Russian||Web, App Store, Play Store|
Characteristics of the eSIM card for Yemen
In case you are interested in buying an eSIM card, we are going to show you below some of the main characteristics of this product. This way, you will be able to decide whether it is a great option for you or not.
- If you want to make calls you will have to do it using apps like WhatsApp, Skype, or another because the eSIM card offers only cellular data.
- Your device will become a Dual-SIM phone, you will be able to use the eSIM and traditional SIM card at the same time. One of many perks!
- You can have more than one eSIM profile, but you can only use one at a time.
- You can only install it once, so do not erase it if you encounter any problems.
- Some providers, like Holafly, offer additional benefits, such as sharing your cellular data with other devices.
- Since it is a virtual device, the shipping is free and instant!
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for Europe)
Coverage of the eSIM card for Yemen
It is one of the most important aspects because if the coverage is not great, your connection won’t be great either, which means that you won’t be able to fully enjoy your data and journey.
If you want to avoid having any problems, we recommend you check to which local networks the eSIM card connects. One of the best networks in this destination is MTN. The Holafly eSIM card connects to this network.
MTN 4G coverage map
Can I get my eSIM card from local cellular operators?
Nowadays, the local operators in Yemen, do not offer eSIM cards. But there is the possibility that it exists in the future. MTN, a local operator in Yemen, has already launched eSIM cards for other destinations, so they may start offering a local eSIM card for Yemen one day.
Anyway, you have to know that buying a local eSIM card is different from getting an international card. Since they are aimed at residents, you will have to acquire a prepaid or postpaid data plan that includes an eSIM card.
Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Yemen
No, it is not necessary. Anyway, some providers may need your address. It can be a temporary address, such as the hotel you are going to stay in.
It will depend on your provider, some will let you do it, while others won’t.
The activation process depends on your device. But usually, you only have to scan the QR code that you receive in your email, choose the eSIM card as the mobile data provider, turn on the data roaming, and that’s it.
There are two aspects that you have to know: the amount of cellular data you normally use, and the number of days you are going to stay at your destination. This way you will be able to pick the eSIM card that best suits your needs.
There are many ways to connect to the internet abroad. Anyway, most of these alternatives are uncomfortable or expensive. Some of them are the international roaming service or the Pocket WiFi.