There is nothing more left to say about this wonderful city. The fantastic places you can find in it are so many, that you probably won’t want to miss: Big Ben, Trafalgar Park, Tower Bridge, the Thames River, and more. So, to avoid missing these places, you will need an eSIM card for London.
In this article, you are going to read everything you need to know about the eSIM card, its benefits, prices, data plans, and so much more. Let’s begin.
- 1 eSIM card for London: what you have to know
- 2 eSIM card providers for London
- 3 eSIM card providers for London: data plans and prices
- 3.1 Holafly eSIM card for London: data plans and prices *
- 3.2 Manet eSIM card for London: data plans and prices
- 3.3 Soracom Mobile eSIM card for London: data plans and prices *
- 3.4 Stork Mobile eSIM card for London: data plans and prices *
- 3.5 Trifa eSIM card for London: data plans and prices
- 3.6 Webbing eSIM card for London: data plans and prices *
- 4 eSIM card providers comparison table
- 5 Characteristics of the eSIM card for London
- 6 Coverage of the eSIM card for London
- 7 Can I get my eSIM card for London from local cellular operators?
- 8 Frequent questions about the eSIM card for London
eSIM card for London: what you have to know
The eSIM card is the evolution of the traditional SIM card. It works the same way, but it is integrated into high-end smartphones. It does not need physical installation, and you can buy it in virtual stores, which will provide you with information about its installation, configuration, and activation process.
To activate an eSIM card and fully enjoy it you have to meet fit some requirements, and they are the following:
- Make sure that your cellphone is eSIM compatible. You have to know that iPhone XR and more recent models are compatible, also some Android devices can support this new technology, like Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel 3, and 4, Motorola Razr, and Huawei P40.
- You need to have an active email account, to receive the QR code that will let you configure and install the eSIM card.
- Furthermore, you will need a prior internet connection to download the eSIM profile, and activate it.
- Some providers may ask you to download their official app to activate and manage the eSIM card plan.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for the USA)
eSIM card providers for London
After reading all the conditions to get a eSIM card, you may want to know how to buy one. We have prepared a list below with the names of the most popular international eSIM card providers:
- Manet eSIM
- Soracom Mobile
- Stork Mobile
eSIM card providers for London: data plans and prices
Now that you know which providers offer the eSIM card for London, we are going to tell you about the data plans and prices they offer, so you can pick the one that best suits your needs and budget. You can find this information listed below:
Holafly eSIM card for London: data plans and prices *
- 5 days for $19.00 USD
- 10 days for $34.00
- 15 days for $47.00
- 20 days for $54.00
- 30 days for $64.00
- 60 days for $84.00
- 90 days for $99.00
* The Holafly eSIM card offers unlimited data for the United Kingdom.
Manet eSIM card for London: data plans and prices
- 30 days, 1 GB, for $5.50
- 30 days, 3 GB, for $13.20
- 30 days, 5 GB, for $16.20
Soracom Mobile eSIM card for London: data plans and prices *
- 30 days, 1 GB, for $5.99
- 30 days, 3 GB, for $15.25
- 30 days, 5 GB, for $24.41
- 30 days, 10 GB, for $43.74
* The data plans of this company are available for Europe.
Stork Mobile eSIM card for London: data plans and prices *
- 15 days, 1 GB, for $6.10
- 30 days, 3 GB, for $16.27
- 30 days, 5 GB, for $26.45
- 30 days, 10 GB, for $51.88
* The data plans of this company are available for Europe.
Trifa eSIM card for London: data plans and prices
- 7 days, 1 GB, for $6.44
- 15 days, 3 GB, for $12.56
- 31 days, 10 GB, for $33.92
Webbing eSIM card for London: data plans and prices *
- Daily data plan of 500 MB, for $12.21
- Monthly data plan on 3 GB, for $52.91
* The data plans of this company apply to various countries.
eSIM card providers comparison table
|Provider||Data||Days||Price (USD)||Support||Where to buy it|
|Trifa||10GB||31||$33.92||English||Web, iOS App, Android App|
Characteristics of the eSIM card for London
The eSIM card for this destination has some special features that you may want to know, for you to enjoy your international internet connection and your trip fully. You can read them below:
- Install your eSIM card an hour before your trip, so when you arrive you can immediately connect to the internet.
- Some eSIM cards configure the APN automatically.
- If you have an iPhone, it will become a Dual SIM phone when you install the eSIM card, you will be able to use it and your traditional SIM card at the same time!
- Set up your device to make sure you won’t have to pay an extra price for international roaming.
- Most eSIM cards offer only cellular data, so you will have to make calls using apps like WhatsApp or Skype.
- The eSIM card can be installed only once, so if you encounter any problem with it, do not erase it before calling your provider.
- Some providers will let you share your cellular data with other devices.
- You can have more than one eSIM card on your iPhone, but you can only use one at a time.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for Europe)
Coverage of the eSIM card for London
Before getting your eSIM card for London, you have to read about the coverage each provider offers. This way you will be able to pick the eSIM card that offers the best connection and stability.
Check the coverage maps below, to pick the eSIM card that best suits your needs:
British Telecom coverage map in London
CK Hutchinson coverage map in London
EE coverage map in London
O2 coverage map in London
Vodafone coverage map in London
Can I get my eSIM card for London from local cellular operators?
If you are a resident or a traveler who wants to get a local eSIM card for London, two companies offer this service: O2 and EE. You have to make sure that you meet the requirements we mentioned before, and some extra requisites your provider may have.
The O2 eSIM card is available for old and new customers, and lets you use various eSIM profiles in the same line, it doesn’t matter if it’s new. You can acquire this product on the website, making sure that your device is compatible. In some cases, once you activate the eSIM card, you can automatically connect to the internet.
The prices of the data plans of this company (VAT included) go from 20 GB, with unlimited calls, at €10; to 30 GB, with unlimited calls, at €20. If you purchase get a 10 GB data plan, you can ask for an extra bonus of 5 GB for €5. They also stand out because of their wide coverage and connection stability. They also have no subscription clauses, and they have great customer service.
On the other hand, you can buy an EE eSIM card on their website, their physical stores, or by calling 150 from an EE line, or 0800 956 6000 from another line.
This company offers monthly data plans but with no possibility of paying per use. To obtain an eSIM card you have to ask for an eSIM package on their website or their retail stores. It may take some time.
Frequent questions about the eSIM card for London
They start counting from the very first moment you activate the eSIM card, by scanning the QR code.
Once you buy the eSIM card you immediately receive a confirmation email, with the QR code. Keep in mind that once you buy the eSIM you cannot return it.
Yes, for the eSIM card to have more coverage in London you have to activate the data roaming. It does not mean that you will have to pay any extra fee at the end of your trip.
You can check this on the ‘Cellular/Mobile data usage’ option of your cellphone.
The eSIM cards for London usually include a data plan with closed days. You cannot usually extend the number of days, but you can buy a new eSIM card if you need more data.