If you are a nature lover and like to travel to new places, then Slovenia should be on your travel bucket list. This is a European country full of waterfalls, lakes, rivers, and majestic mountains! And taking an eSIM Slovenia with you will allow you to stay connected to the internet at all times during your trip.
That is why in this article, we will be explaining everything you need to know about eSIM cards. Their features, prices, providers, and more.
Remember that nowadays there are many alternatives to stay connected during your travels, such as international roaming or pocket WiFi, however, these are quite expensive. So, an eSIM or even prepaid SIM card tends to be a better option.
What you should know about the eSIM card in Slovenia:
The eSIM technology is something new, this service was launched in 2016, and it has become one of the favorite alternatives for travelers in order to have an internet connection on their trips.
That is why if you are thinking of acquiring an eSIM for your trip to Slovenia, then there are certain things you should know before buying it. These are mentioned below:
- As we already mentioned, eSIM technology is relatively new, so it works mainly with the latest generation of cellular phones. So, you should check if your phone is compatible with eSIMs before purchasing one.
- When you purchase an eSIM with any provider, you will most likely be asked for your email address and your local address.
- To activate your eSIM you must have an internet connection to download your profile. Also, verify that your cellphone has a scanner reader app or that the camera has this functionality, as most eSIMs are activated through a QR code.
- Finally, some providers will require you to download their app to activate your eSIM. However, many other providers do not work like this.
Mobile eSIM card providers for traveling to Slovenia
Nowadays, you can find many providers that will offer you eSIM cards for your travels. That is why we have listed some of the providers with which you can purchase an eSIM card for Slovenia, which are as follows:
- MTX Connect
Remember that if you do not have an eSIM-compatible cellphone, a very similar alternative that you can also purchase is a prepaid SIM card for Slovenia. Holafly offers an 8 GB SIM card for 30 days, as well as a 12 GB SIM card for 30 days.
Rates and data plans from eSIM providers for Slovenia
Now that you know some providers with which you can purchase an eSIM for Slovenia, now we will be talking about the different data plans and costs offered by each of these providers. This way you will be able to compare each one and choose the one that best suits your budget.
Keep in mind that the prices of the plans vary depending on different characteristics. As they are, the data usage you will have, the days of availability, the coverage in the destination country, and more.
Holafly plans and prices in Slovenia:
- Unlimited data for 5 days at 19 USD
- 15 days of unlimited data at 47 USD
- Unlimited data for 30 days at 64 USD
- 60 days of unlimited data at 84 USD
MTX Connect plans and tariffs in Slovenia:
- 2 GB for 7 days at 16 USD
- 4 GB for 14 days at 27 USD
- 10 GB for 30 days at 60 USD
Ubigi plans and tariffs in Slovenia:
- 3 GB for 30 days at 12 USD
- 10 GB for 30 days at 29 USD
- 50 GB for 30 days at 99 USD
UPeSIM plans and prices in Slovenia:
- 5 GB for 30 days at 13 USD
Comparison of eSIM providers for Slovenia
|Supplier||Data||Days||Price||Support Language||Sales Channel|
|Holafly||Unlimited data||5||19USD||Spanish, English, German, and French||Web|
|Holafly||Unlimited data||15||47USD||Spanish, English, German, and French||Web|
|Holafly||Unlimited data||30||64USD||Spanish, English, German, and French||Web|
|Holafly||Unlimited data||60||84USD||Spanish, English, German, and French||Web|
|MTX Connect||2GB||7||16 USD||English||Web, Play store, App Store|
|MTX Connect||4GB||14||27 USD||English||Web, Play store, App Store|
|MTX Connect||10GB||30||60USD||English||Web, Play store, App Store|
|Ubigi||3GB||30||12 USD||English||Web, Play store, App Store|
|Ubigi||10GB||30||29 USD||English||Web, Play store, App Store|
|Ubigi||50GB||30||99 USD||English||Web, Play store, App Store|
Features of eSIM cards for traveling to Slovenia
You already know about the requirements you will have to acquire an eSIM, as well as the providers where you can buy one and their costs. However, if you are still thinking about whether to buy an eSIM for your trip, here are the main features of this service.
- They can be installed only once, so, if you are having problems with your eSIM card, don’t delete it from your cell phone and instead contact your eSIM provider.
- With eSIM technology, you can add multiple data plans to your cellphone. Although you can only use one at a time.
- Most eSIM cards do not offer outgoing or incoming phone calls, only data. You can use apps like WhatsApp or Skype instead.
- You can purchase eSIM plans that offer unlimited data. That means you won’t have to worry about running out of data during your trip.
- The eSIM will turn your cellphone into a dual SIM phone, so you can keep your local SIM on your travel.
- Some eSIMs set up APNs automatically.
eSIM coverage for traveling to Slovenia
Finally, remember that before deciding with which provider to purchase your eSIM, you should ask about the coverage you will have in the country you will be traveling to. You may acquire a very cheap eSIM, however, with poor coverage.
You can check this with the provider you’ll get your eSIM from, and by knowing with which local operator, you will be able to know how good the coverage will be. The main local operators in Sovania are Telemach Mobil, Telekom Slovenije, A1 Slovenija and T-2. Here are some coverage maps of these operators.
Telemach Mobil 4G coverage map in Slovenia
Telekom Slovenije 4G network coverage in Slovenia
A1 Slovenija 3G and 4G coverage map in Slovenia
T-2 3G network coverage in Slovenia
Local mobile operators offering eSIMs in Slovenia
If you currently live in Slovenia, and you would like to change your physical SIM card for an eSIM, then you can do so with some operators. However, this option is available for those who are already customers. The operators that support eSIM in Slovenia are:
- Telekom Slovenije
- A1 Slovenia
- Telemach Slovenia
If, on the other hand, you are a traveler and want to purchase an internet connectivity service from one of these operators, you should know that you will not be able to purchase an eSIM. But, you can buy a prepaid SIM card in stores of the above-mentioned operators. You can find their stores in airports or even in some shopping malls.
eSIM Slovenia FAQ
We hope this article has been useful for you, and you have understood much more about eSIM. If you still have some doubts about this service, don’t worry, below we will be answering some of the most frequently asked questions about eSIMs.
The eSIM is the evolution of traditional SIM cards. The eSIM works thanks to a card embedded inside the cellphone, which allows you to store and configure your profile.
eSIMs from Slovenia’s local operators are primarily intended for people living in this country. To stay connected to the internet during your trip to Slovenia, you can use the international eSIM from Holafly or Ubigi.
No, most eSIMs won’t allow you to share data.
The data plan you purchase for your eSIM will start from the moment you activate it, by scanning the QR code on your phone.