With so many places to visit in this city, you need an eSIM for Madrid, hopefully with unlimited data. You obviously can’t stop sharing your travel experience with your loved ones, like walking through the Royal Palace, the Prado Museum, or the Retiro. In addition, the great cultural and gastronomic diversity that reigns in this city is worth taking some good photographs and posting them online, so everyone can see them.
Besides, in Madrid, you’ll find the best museums in the world, so it’s almost impossible not to use your cell phone to look for information and routes and go to visit the works of Goya, the Reina Sofía Museum, the works of Dalí, the paintings of Van Gogh or the Triangle of Madrid. The latter being a must-see for adults and children, together with the Gran Vía.
But to know everything about a virtual chip to have internet in this destination can be a bit exhausting. So, we make it easy for you. Certainly, you will learn everything about the eSIM for Madrid: providers, rates, plans, features, coverage, local operators, and more.
- 1 eSIM card for Madrid: what is it and how does it work?
- 2 Mobile providers of eSIM cards to travel to Madrid
- 3 Rates and plans of eSIM providers for Madrid
- 4 Comparison of eSIM providers for Madrid
- 5 Features of the eSIM for Madrid
- 6 eSIM coverage for Madrid
- 7 Local Mobile operators that offer eSIM for Madrid
- 8 FAQs about the eSIM for Madrid
eSIM card for Madrid: what is it and how does it work?
To begin with and before fully covering this section about the eSIM for Madrid, we want to help you a little to understand what this is all about. Indeed, we know that not all travelers know what an eSIM is. This is a data chip that works virtually and that allows you to connect to the internet during your trip, without paying for roaming. So, this virtual data eSIM is distinguished by:
- Virtual installation, in other words, to activate it you must scan a code, so you will have to use a double screen or print the code.
- Also, you can buy this chip through the provider’s website or its cell phone app.
- Likewise, the eSIM provides cellular data by simply activating the chip at the destination, without having to pay for roaming services from your domestic operator.
- It’s not necessary to remove the SIM card, since the eSIM doesn’t need a physical space in the cell phone card slot.
- Many cell phones are compatible, so if you have a smartphone, you can likely use this card without any problems. Surely, this information must be verified with the provider.
- In case you don’t have a compatible cell phone, you always have the option of using a prepaid SIM card for Spain, which is ideal for foreigners.
Mobile providers of eSIM cards to travel to Madrid
On the other hand, if you already know that your cell phone is suitable for eSIM technology, then you should know which cellular providers offer eSIM cards to travel to Madrid. In fact, you can contact them and buy a virtual card to travel to Madrid. Here we mention the most important ones:
Enter the Holafly virtual store and get your unlimited data eSIM for Spain and benefit from it during your stay in Madrid. Source: Holafly.
Rates and plans of eSIM providers for Madrid
On the other hand, you can’t overlook the rates information and eSIM providers data plans for Madrid. This is one of the most important things to consider when you decide to buy the eSIM. Moreover, consider that the costs vary depending on the provider, the amount of data, and the number of days you will use the virtual SIM to travel.
Holafly plans and rates for Madrid with unlimited data
- 5 days with unlimited data for $19.00
- 15 days with unlimited data for $47.00
- 20 days with unlimited data for $54.00
- 30 days with unlimited data for $64.00
- 60 days with unlimited data for $84.00
TravelSIM plans and rates for Madrid
- 1 GB / 5 days for $10.82
- 3 GB / 14 days for $28.21
- 3 GB / 30 days for $35.68
Flexiroam plans and rates for Madrid
- 1 GB / 3 days for $5.90
- 3 GB / 8 days for $16.72
- 5 GB / 15 days for $28.52
- 7 GB / 15 days for $33.44
- 10 GB / 24 days for $46.23
Comparison of eSIM providers for Madrid
|Holafly||Unlimited data||30 days||$64.00||Web|
|Flexiroam||10GB||24 days||$46.23||Web, Play Store, App Store|
Features of the eSIM for Madrid
Similarly, there are some features of the eSIM for Madrid that you should consider if you are ready to buy one of these virtual cards. In other words, there are some technical and usage details that will help you make the purchase decision even easier.
- In the first place, don’t worry about the APN, as this is usually configured automatically with the eSIM.
- In the same fashion, it doesn’t matter if you don’t know how to activate the eSIM on your cell phone. Usually, this chip is delivered with a user manual, plus most providers offer customer service.
- It’s possible to have an international eSIM and your SIM card in the cell phone at the same time. You just have to pay attention to the eSIM data consumption.
- If you have a dual SIM cell phone, you will continue to have the same space for another traditional chip, since the eSIM is installed virtually, so it won’t take up any space on your cell phone.
- Since there’s no use of plastic with the virtual eSIM, this is an environmentally friendly way to stay connected to the internet.
eSIM coverage for Madrid
Likewise, when you’ve already decided which data card to buy, you should check another important piece of information. This is the coverage of the eSIM for Madrid. You should check this with your virtual chip provider because the coverage at the destination will depend on the commercial agreement with the local operator.
But, if you already have this information or want to get an idea of this point, here you can see the coverage maps of the most important domestic telephone companies.
Mas Móvil/Yoigo coverage map for Madrid
Movistar coverage map for Madrid
Orange coverage map for Madrid
Vodafone coverage map for Madrid
Local Mobile operators that offer eSIM for Madrid
To summarize, we’re going to tell you about the local cellular operators that offer eSIM for Madrid. In general, these have data, voice, and SMS plans and packages available. However, generally, these services are intended for residents and not tourists. Additionally, they demand some requirements from you to use their services, which may be a bit complicated for you to fulfill. In any case, you can find an eSIM provider that has a commercial agreement with one of these operators:
- Mas Móvil/Yoigo
FAQs about the eSIM for Madrid
Holafly’s eSIM connects to the Movistar network throughout Spain. This is one of the best operators, in addition, it has wide coverage throughout the country.
It’s simple. Just don’t configure the app with the eSIM once you have it activated. In this way, you can keep the same number as your SIM card.
The Holafly eSIM includes unlimited data, so you just have to pay attention to the days it is valid, depending on what you have chosen at the time of purchase. Similarly, you can go to the “roaming data usage” section from your cell phone settings, and you will see the amount of data you have used so far.
Throughout Spain, you can get network frequencies of 800, 900, 1800, 2100, 2600, and 3500.