Nowadays, every time we travel, we need to be connected to fully enjoy our trip. So, if you are traveling to Honduras, to visit its wonderful places, you will need an eSIM card for Honduras to share the pictures you take. In this article, you will read about the best way to connect abroad and avoid international roaming.
We will also show you which international operators offer the eSIM, how to buy it, how it works, its characteristics, and its price. If you want to know all of this and more, keep reading!
- 1 Requisites to install an eSIM card for Honduras
- 2 Mobile providers of eSIM cards to travel to Honduras
- 3 Rates and data plans offered by eSIM mobile operators for Honduras
- 4 Mobile operators comparative in Honduras
- 5 Characteristics of eSIMs to travel to Honduras
- 6 eSIM coverage to travel to Honduras
- 7 Local mobile operators with eSIMs in Honduras
- 8 Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Honduras
Requisites to install an eSIM card for Honduras
The first thing you need to know before buying an eSIM is the requirements you must meet to buy it and use it. Why? Because not all smartphones are compatible with the eSIM technology yet, so you have to keep in mind the following requisites:
- You have to make sure your smartphone is eSIM compatible. The cellphones that have more compatibility are the iPhone XR and onwards.
- You will need an email to make the purchase, and receive the QR code for the eSIM activation.
- It is necessary to be connected to the internet during the purchasing and activation of the eSIM. It is recommended that you activate it when you are at your destination and not before.
- Some sellers will make you install their official app to use or activate the eSIM.
Mobile providers of eSIM cards to travel to Honduras
Now that you know what you have to do to acquire your eSIM, it’s time to know where you can buy it. The providers we are going to show you are specialized in selling eSIM cards for international travel. But they are not made to be used for a long period, or permanently.
We are talking about the following companies:
Rates and data plans offered by eSIM mobile operators for Honduras
Below, you will be able to check the data plans available and their prices. Some aspects can affect the price of the virtual card. The coverage, for example, is very important. You can get an eSIM for a low price, but with bad coverage, and when you arrive at your destination you won’t be able to connect to the internet because of that.
Holafly data plans and prices
- 6 GB for 15 days at $44
Knowroaming data plans and prices
- 5 GB for 30 days at $55
TravelSIM data plans and prices
- 3 GB for 30 days at $59
YeSIM data plans and prices
- 3 GB for 28 days at $40
Mobile operators comparative in Honduras
|Seller||Data||Days||Price (USD)||Support||Where to buy it?|
|Holafly||6 GB||15||$44||Spanish, English, German and French||Web|
|TravelSIM||3 GB||30||$59||English||App Store, Google Play|
|YeSIM||3 GB||28||$40||Spanish and English||Web|
Characteristics of eSIMs to travel to Honduras
If this is the first time you hear about the eSIM cards, or if you don’t know much about them, don’t worry. You can read below the characteristics of the eSIM card for Honduras.
- Most eSIM cards offer only cellular data, so if you want to make calls during your trip, we recommend you use apps like WhatsApp or Skype.
- You can install the eSIM card only once. So, if you encounter any problem with it, call customer support, but do not erase it from your phone.
- Your smartphone will become a dual-SIM phone, so you will be able to use the eSIM and your SIM card at the same time.
- You can have more than one data plan, but you can only use one at a time.
eSIM coverage to travel to Honduras
We already told you that coverage is one of the most important aspects of the eSIM card. Why? Simple. Because if it doesn’t have good coverage, you won’t be able to connect properly in your destination, your connection will be bad and you won’t enjoy it.
To have good coverage, you have to read about the roaming agreements that your eSIM card has with the operators of your destination. The coverage will improve if the eSIM has contracts with more than one operator.
The bigger operators in Honduras are the following: Tigo Honduras, and Claro Honduras. The Holafly eSIM cards connect to the Claro Honduras network. So if you acquire the eSIM card of this company you will have a great connection.
Claro Honduras 4G coverage map
Tigo Honduras 4G coverage map
Hondutel 4G coverage map
Local mobile operators with eSIMs in Honduras
The cellular networks of this country have improved recently. Most of its networks are 4G, and they are expected to be 5G in the future. But, currently, the local operators (Tigo Honduras, Claro Honduras, and Hondutel) do not have the eSIM card in their catalog. So, the only alternative to having an eSIM card is to buy one from the companies we mentioned before.
Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Honduras
You can check the answers below, in case you have any questions about the eSIM card for Honduras.
No, it is not necessary. You won’t need this kind of document for the purchase of the eSIM card for Honduras.
It will depend on the eSIM card. Some of them will let you do it, and others won’t. The Holafly eSIM card lets you share your cellular data with other devices, such a great advantage if you are not traveling alone.
The activation process will depend on your smartphone. But usually, the only thing you have to do is to scan the QR code you received in your email. Once you do it, you have to pick the eSIM card as the data cellular provider, turn on the data roaming and that’s it.
Yes, just like physical SIM cards the eSIM has an expiration date.
There are different ways to connect to the internet. Some of these alternatives are the international Roaming and the Pocket Wi-Fi. Anyway, these other options are not recommended because they are not very useful and usually, they are expensive. For example, you have to carry the Pocket Wi-Fi wherever you go and make sure that it is charged because if it doesn’t, you won’t have internet for so long. The international roaming charges you for each MB consumed.