If you are planning to travel outside your country, you should find a way to keep in touch with people who are close to you. To do this, it wouldn’t hurt to have a SIM card for traveling abroad. That way, you will be able to go wherever you want and maintain a stable connection at all times.
Whether you want to travel to a country in Europe, or you want to go a little further afield and visit a country like the USA, UK, Japan, or China, there are ways to stay connected at all times. It may sound like a strange thing to do, but this has become more common than we might expect.
- High speed connection without surprise bills.
- Receive your QR code immediately.
- Connect to the best network.
- Forget about roaming and searching for WiFi.
- Keep your WhatsApp number.
- Easy to set up: you’ll receive an email with your eSIM in seconds, no matter where you are.
- Get 5% OFF! Code: roaming5
- 1 Where to buy a SIM card to travel abroad?
- 2 Online shop to buy SIM card for travel
- 3 Buying on landing abroad
- 4 How much does a SIM card cost to travel abroad?
- 5 eSIM card for foreign travel, recommended option for iPhone
- 6 How much does the eSIM cost to travel abroad?
- 7 Frequently asked questions about eSIM for traveling abroad
Where to buy a SIM card to travel abroad?
Traveling outside your country and not knowing how to communicate can be a headache. Without knowing exactly how everything will be when you arrive, it’s best to be prepared so you can enjoy your trip. Want to enjoy your trip? There are options to purchase a SIM card before you arrive at your destination.
However, you may want to take things slowly. Whether you are traveling to a Latin American country such as Argentina, Chile, or Peru and wish to buy your international SIM card while in the destination country, this is also a valid option.
You can choose either option. If buying the sim while still within your country you can opt for companies that offer you an international data SIM card service, or an eSIM, which is a relatively new technology on the market.
On the other hand, if you want to buy it at your destination, you have the option of getting one at the airport, since there are usually cell phone stores in these places.
But, before we can make a decision, it is time to learn a little more about our options.
Buy a SIM card before traveling abroad
- It will allow you to enjoy your trip more: Being able to buy your SIM card before you travel is extremely useful. This will allow you to enjoy your trip more without having to worry about staying connected to the world from the moment you arrive in the country you will be visiting.
- You will be able to count on extra money: Having purchased your SIM card before traveling is essential to know how much money you will have available during your stay. This can help you to know what you can and cannot spend, or if you want to treat yourself, you won’t have to worry about it, everything will be covered.
- You can find out if your phone works with such SIM cards: Your phone may not be the latest generation, and that’s not a bad thing. However, it may be that due to technological advances, in a country like Spain your phone is no longer fully functional, and this is something you can prevent by buying earlier.
- You will be connected from the moment you arrive at your destination: This is very important for people. Being able to have internet connection right when you get off the plane to take pictures and share them, check social media, or even something from work is definitely something useful.
Online shop to buy SIM card for travel
As mentioned above, there are options to purchase your SIM card before you travel. One of the companies that allow you to do this is Holafly. The best part is that you can receive it at home, in your office, or wherever you are.
Best of all, you won’t have to pay for shipping, which saves you a lot of money. And, on the other hand, you can buy a SIM card and know its benefits in advance.
Having a Holafly SIM card will provide you with:
- In some destinations it has a number for unlimited calls and messages.
- Wide coverage within the destination.
- Stable internet speed at all times.
- Affordable price and no penalties.
- Free shipping.
The only thing we can mention that may not be to everyone’s liking is that for some destinations it only includes data and not calls. However, there are options for the most demanding customers.
Buying on landing abroad
- Once you are in the country you are visiting, you can compare the different options available.
- You can get a local phone number.
Shops to buy SIM cards abroad
Getting a SIM card store abroad will be easy or difficult depending on the country and the languages you speak, in some destinations you can get a SIM card at the airport, in others you need to go to a retail store in the city.
We must remember that in Latin American destinations 5G connections are not yet available, so you will be able to opt for 3G or 4G SIMs during your stay.
How much does a SIM card cost to travel abroad?
One of the best options to travel abroad and maintain connectivity is certainly with Holafly. The company focuses on offering solutions for travelers through quality services.
The price varies according to the destination, so this is something that attracts a lot of people’s attention. Let’s see a little more about the prices that we can find.
Holafly SIM card prices for travel abroad
|Days of use||Mobile data amount||Price (USD)|
|30 days (Europe)||10GB||$40|
|30 Days (North America)||Unlimited Data||$112|
|30 Days (Latin America)||10GB||$45|
|12 Days (Asia)||6GB in 4G and unlimited 2G||$37|
eSIM card for foreign travel, recommended option for iPhone
One of the newest and best alternatives on the market today is the eSIM. These cards are easy to buy, and they are also easy to set up on a cell phone.
The eSIM is basically a SIM card, but completely digital. You can purchase it through Holafly’s eSIMs page, and you will receive it directly in your mailbox within a couple of minutes, and it will be ready to use!
Requirements to purchase an eSIM
- You must have a Google Pay account, PayPal, or an active credit or debit card in order to make the payment.
Advantages and disadvantages of eSIM when traveling abroad
- It can be purchased from anywhere in the world in a matter of minutes!
- Mobile data from the eSIM can be shared with other users.
However, there are two things to keep in mind in terms of disadvantages:
- The eSIM service comes with a limited amount of data that cannot be expanded.
- The list of phones that currently support eSIM is limited.
How much does the eSIM cost to travel abroad?
The prices and data amounts are different from a SIM card, please see below.
|Days of use||Mobile data amount||Price (USD)|
|15 days (Latin America)||6GB||$54|
|15 days (Europe)||5GB||$54|
|30 days (North America)||5GB||$54|
|12 days (Asia)||4GB||$45|
Frequently asked questions about eSIM for traveling abroad
Yes, with Holafly you can buy eSIMs for different destinations at different prices.
Yes, no matter where you are, you can buy an eSIM for your next trip.
Not necessarily. You can keep your old phone number without any problem.
At the moment, no. You can only receive Holafly SIM cards before leaving the country.