Are you ready to travel to Thailand? a Southeast Asian country known for its tropical beaches, magnificent palaces, ancient ruins, and beautifully detailed Buddhist temples. We guess you need to stay connected with your friends, co-workers, or family. Sure, you have come to the right web, in this article we will tell you which are the best data SIM card to Thailand you can find in the market. Find out where, how and at what prices to buy it.
- 1 Why does purchase a SIM card for Thailand?
- 2 What type of SIM card is the cheapest, which one has the best coverage and the most mobile features?
- 3 Where to buy the best SIM card for Thailand?
- 4 Buying data SIM card for Thailand from an online shop
- 5 How much does a SIM card for Thailand cost?
- 6 Buying data SIM card in Thailand with AIS, DTAC and TrueMove
- 7 Data SIM cards for Thailand, which one to buy?
- 8 FAQ about the Thailand SIM Card
- 9 SIM cards for another destinations
Why does purchase a SIM card for Thailand?
Arriving in a country different from yours and to be offline is almost a “trouble” nowadays. Being always connected allows us not only to communicate with family and friends. It also allows us to be connected everywhere without paying roaming charges in Thailand is all the time expensive. Lets us show you what the best data sim cards option are trending today.
If you have a phone compatible with eSIM you can buy an eSIM for traveling to Thailand, this is a new technology to internet connection. You will receive a QR code to activate the virtual SIM card.
- High speed connection without surprise bills.
- Receive your QR code immediately.
- Connect to the best network.
- Forget about roaming and searching for WiFi.
- Keep your WhatsApp number.
- Easy to set up: you’ll receive an email with your eSIM in seconds, no matter where you are.
- Get 5% OFF. Code: roaming5
What type of SIM card is the cheapest, which one has the best coverage and the most mobile features?
As we told you at the beginning of this article, the cheapest card with more mobile data is the Holafly Thailand SIM card. The next chart can show you graphically why the reason is.
Holafly has the cheapest rate per day and per GB, better than its competitors, SimOptions, and TravelSIM. Now buying your SIM card for Thailand is not such a complicated task.
Where to buy the best SIM card for Thailand?
As you know, these options remain to know: Where to buy your SIM card for Thailand? You can do it before traveling or once you arrive at your destination. We suggest you do the first one, buy your SIM card from an online store, before traveling.
Buying data SIM card for Thailand from an online shop
At the beginning of this article, we showed you the rates per day and per GB of the three alternatives available to buy your SIM card for Thailand while you are still in home (Holafly, TravelSIM, and Simoptions). Now we tell you a little bit about each of them so you can make your decision.
Thailand Holafly data SIM Card
Holafly, which offers different SIM cards to many destinations, is selling two types of cards. SIM cards provide 4G coverage and network support from the Thai mobile operator Trumove/Dtac at a fair price starting at 17 €.
|Time (Days)||Data amount (GB)||Price (€)||Price/day|
What SIM card options for Thailand are available with Holafly
- Free shipping to your home or wherever you are.
- Adaptable in three sizes: standard, micro, and nano.
- The 8-day card allows you to receive local calls without paying an extra euro.
- Share data like Pocket WIFI.
- Keep your WhatsApp number, unlike other SIM cards that can make you lose your contacts and lead you to the cumbersome task of re-adding your friends and family to your mobile.
- If you want to purchase a SIM card with fewer days than those established by Holafly cards, you would not be able to do so.
SimOptions data SIM card for Thailand
SimOptions offers two types of cards, the first one that offers 3GB, and the second offers 4GB includes calls and SMS. One of them is supported by the AIS operator and the other by China Unicom. Much the same to Holafly are Thailand SIM cards, which provided a connection for eight days and twelve days respectively.
- Every SIM card display in three presentations: standard, micro, and nano.
- One of the cards covers a couple of countries in addition to Malaysia.
- Do you want to make calls or send SMS?, you should add data for an additional fee.
- If you do not use the SIM card until the date indicated on the board, it will be invalidated.
How much does a SIM card for Thailand cost?
You have already known all about the benefits and detriments of the SIM card offers to Thailand and the rates per day and GB. Do you know that Holafly maybe your best option. Let us explain what’s about in the next chart. We will show you the full price of cards without data, with data and shipping costs. Holafly is not going to charge the card and shipping neither.
|Price by Card (€)||Data Price (€)||Shipping price (€)||Fixed price (€)|
Take a look: If you looked at the comparison chart, it seems like the SIM cards Thailand from SIMoptions and TravelSIM seem to be around 5 € cheaper than Holafly, but when you look at the extra price, cost of card or shipping, these are more expensive in the end. It seems this is always rational, so consider the final price and not only the initial charge that appears on their web portals.
Buying data SIM card in Thailand with AIS, DTAC and TrueMove
May get your SIM card by the official stores in the head Thailand stores like Mart, Seven-Eleven, these stores belong to AIS or Dtac. Can purchase the cards for 50 bth, so they will ask for your passport number to register it. You also may buy in Tesco Lotus, FamilyMart or Big C, as well as True Visions, Jiffy or CAT, AIS vending machines, in airports and shopping malls.
Now, We will show you the main voice calls companies and their offer of SIM cards to have Internet in Thailand: AIS, Dtac, and TrueMove H. Although there are more operators, such as CAT and TOT, we will inform you about the most important ones.
AIS 1-2-Call SIM card
One of Thailand’s best voice calls companies, AIS is part of SingTel Corp. and offers its well-known AIS SIM card called 1-2-Call, which offers 4G data. Among its SIM cards are The One SIM, Super Social, and Net SIM.
AIS card Benefits
- Cards can cost a little bit than one euro.
- Packages are available only for social media like Facebook, Line, Instagram, and Whatsapp.
Ais card Limitations
- Download the app to activate the SIM card may waste more time.
- Sometimes All you need is to send messages to activate the SIM cards, is it ok for you?
DTAC local SIM cards
From the term (Total Access Communication), Dtac is one of Thailand’s leading mobile operator and is part of the Norwegian-based Telenor Group. It is the operator with the largest bandwidth network in the country. The pre-paid SIM cards are the (Go Plearn SIM, No-Limit SIM, Super 4G SIM, among others)
- Some cards offer unlimited access to Facebook.
- Free service calls or music streaming.
- Activation by SMS sending.
- DTAC SIM card benefits are available from midnight.
SIM 4G packs from TrueMove
Mobile operator Truemove is part of True Corp. which belongs to CP Group, owners of 7-Eleven and Tesco stores in Thailand. It offers data SIM cards for Thailand called “4G packs“. Activation of some SIM cards will have to be done by sending SMS.
- Additional data for almost seven days.
- WIFI service is offered by them as well.
- Data is available recharge.
- Pay for an initial plan and pay for TOP-UP
- Some cards allow you to connect to a 3G network.
Data SIM cards for Thailand, which one to buy?
We don’t say anything else, the Holafly SIM card offers you an excellent service at affordable , lower than the best data SIM cards for this country. Holafly’s data SIM card for Thailand has the lowest rate per day and GB. And you take them in your suitcase.
You can buy just two SIM cards in Thailand, the first one offers is for 8 days, at 17 €, and the second one is able for 12 days, charges you 26 € (all-inclusive). Both with the excellent coverage of the Thai operators TrueMove/Dtac.
In addition to free delivery to your home or workplace, keep your WhatsApp number and receive free calls, this offers other benefits, such as sharing data with other devices (yes, as if it were a Pocket Wifi) and give you support 24 hours by day in English.
Here you get many benefits and avoid paying expansive roaming in Thailand. Take into account the Holafly SIM card is the cheapest way to be online again in Thailand.
Land, insert, and go!
FAQ about the Thailand SIM Card
If you travel to Thailand you can be connected to the internet in different ways for instance. Also with a SIM card, being connected to Roaming, portable WIFI or even the “Free” WIFI of establishments such as cafes, restaurants and more.
While it is one of the most useful alternatives to have Internet in Thailand, this is the cheapest. Here you have twelve euros for each MB connected to the Internet in Thailand. If you want to know more about the entry Roaming in Thailand for instance.
You can buy a data-only SIM card at airports, although it is a bit more expensive than average. in specialized stores such as mobile sales stands (Dtac, Cat, True Move H) or mobile Internet stores.
As we saw in the previous comparisons the Holafly SIM card is the least expensive to travel to Thailand. It will give us 8 days of 3GB for only 17€ without paying the shipping cost.