We all know that people like to travel throughout the world. Some of the most visited countries are located in Europe, and no one can deny that. One of the most famous countries to visit in Eastern Europe is, without a doubt, Croatia, and we’ll talk about it today! And, especially we’ll talk about the Croatia SIM card as well.
But, maybe a SIM card is not all that you need, maybe you need to know more things about how to stay communicated with people. And that’s exactly all that we will be talking about today, so let’s get to it.
- 1 Where can I buy a Croatia SIM Card?
- 2 Buying the SIM Card while in Croatia
- 3 Buying the SIM Card before traveling
- 4 How much does a SIM Card for Croatia cost?
- 5 eSIM Card for Croatia, a new alternative
- 6 Pros and Cons about the eSIM for Croatia
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions about the data SIM Card for Croatia.
Where can I buy a Croatia SIM Card?
In case you have been planning to visit Croatia, you need to know exactly how to stay communicated while being there. Thankfully, people can buy a SIM card in Croatia in a pretty easy way, and it won’t truly matter if they choose to buy it while in the country or before arriving at it.
Croatia is a beautiful country to visit, and it has lots of amazing cities and places that are worth meeting. The country is always prepared to receive people that like to visit a place with classical architecture with some modern touches. If this is something that sounds interesting to you, Croatia is the place for you to visit.
But there’s something that people must be aware of. And is that people have different choices for them to buy a Croatia SIM card, but people can choose the one that suits them most. Have some doubts? Let’s clarify everything right now.
- High speed connection without surprise bills.
- Receive your QR code immediately.
- Connect to the best network.
- Forget about roaming and searching for WiFi.
- Keep your WhatsApp number.
- Easy to set up: you’ll receive an email with your eSIM in seconds, no matter where you are.
- Get 5% OFF. Code: roaming5
Buying the SIM Card while in Croatia
- People can directly go to the store if they need it: Sometimes, people can come across an issue related to their SIM card. The good thing is that they will be able to go to a store if that happens!
- People can meet new places while looking for their SIM card: If you decide to buy a SIM card while already in Croatia, something that you can do is to go and visit some places when looking for it, no time is spent without enjoying the travel!
- Clients can try the SIM card before paying for it: Sometimes, people can have a phone that might not work with the SIM card that they are about to buy. Is it a way to solve it? Actually, yes, you can try it out before actually paying for it.
Mobile operators available to buy a SIM Card in Croatia
People know that no matter where they go, they will surely find a way to buy a SIM card. There are lots of mobile companies out there that people can use, and Croatia is not the exception to this rule.
Once you reach the country, you will see that there are different ways to buy a Croatia SIM card thanks to the different mobile operators that are available in the country. So far, we can mention three of them that are quite good: A1, Telemach, and T-Mobile.
T-Mobile is one of the most important companies that people can use, not only in Croatia but also around the world. On the other hand, A1 and Telemach are based in Croatia and have proven to be good enough not only for travelers but also for people who live in Croatia. Either way, no matter what your choice is, the three of them are worthy enough.
Buying the SIM Card before traveling
- People will have internet access once they have coverage in the country: If your phone comes equipped with a SIM card once you arrive in the country, then you will have access to the internet and overall coverage once it is available.
- No need to worry about buying a SIM card in the country: Many people worry about not having how to communicate once they reach a new country, so, if you buy a SIM card before traveling, that’s something that you won’t need to worry about.
- Travelers will have more money to spend: If you have everything that you need for your travel with you before flying away, then you have more chance to spend a bit of extra money.
Looking for a way to buy the SIM card before arriving in Croatia? With online stores, people will get the chance to buy their SIM cards or as many SIM cards as they need in a matter of seconds. But there are also a few other things that people need to know about buying a SIM card online:
- Depending on the provider, people will have to pay for the delivery of the SIM card. But some providers offer free delivery service.
- Most SIM cards come with a phone number that works abroad.
- You’ll need to verify that you’ll have good coverage. Meaning that you connect to a good local operator network. As you can buy a very cheap SIM card, but with poor coverage.
- Some companies provide 24/7 customer support to those who needs it.
Something that is worth mentioning is that these SIM cards are bought for specific countries. What does it mean? That the service will be better than an international SIM card. Also, keep in mind that if you buy your SIM card online, you will be able to compare between a larger number of providers and choose the one that suits your needs.
How much does a SIM Card for Croatia cost?
We know that we have talked about the alternatives that people have available when trying to purchase a SIM card in Croatia. But, there’s something missing here that we haven’t talked about, and it’s the price of the SIM card.
Indeed, the price of the SIM card will vary depending on several factors: the provider, the number of days of validity of the SIM card, and of course, the amount of data included. Generally speaking, a SIM card could cost you anywhere from $5 to around $60 or more. It all depends on what you choose.
eSIM Card for Croatia, a new alternative
Chances are that you have used a SIM card in the past, but what about the eSIMs that have been taking over the market in the last few years? Well, they have shown to be a good alternative for travelers that need a good connection no matter where they go to.
But, there are a lot of doubts about these cards. Are they as easy to buy as a normal SIM card? For how long can I use it? These are doubts that people have in mind once they buy one. But let’s clear them out.
Requirements to buy an eSIM
- People can buy an eSIM if they can pay for it with PayPal, Google Pay, or a credit card.
- There must be a valid physical address when buying a SIM card for the purchase to be completed.
- When buying an eSIM, people must introduce the country that they will travel to complete the purchase.
- People will need to have an eSIM-compatible phone. You can check if your phone is eSIM compatible through the following eSIM Supported Phone List.
Pros and Cons about the eSIM for Croatia
- People can use a SIM card and an eSIM card at the same time without issues.
- eSIM cards come with unlimited internet, but only on 2G, and once the 4G mobile data has been completely deployed.
- The price of the eSIM card is more affordable than other similar alternatives.
- Easy to buy through a website if needed.
The only two cons that people must know about the eSIM are:
- People can’t change their 2G coverage once their 4G connection is over.
- The eSIM stops working once a determined amount of time has passed.
If you meet all the requirements to buy an eSIM, and you think it will offer you the benefits you are looking for, then our recommendation is to buy your eSIM with Holafly, an online store where you can buy your eSIM for Croatia easily and quickly. And in addition, you can enjoy benefits such as unlimited data and customer service throughout your trip.
How much does the eSIM for Croatia cost
|Days of use||Amount of cellular data||Price (USD)|
|5 days||Unlimited data||$19|
|10 days||Unlimited data||$34|
|15 days||Unlimited data||$47|
|20 days||Unlimited data||$54|
|30 days||Unlimited data||$64|
|60 days||Unlimited data||$84|
|90 days||Unlimited data||$99|
Frequently Asked Questions about the data SIM Card for Croatia.
It will depend on the mobile operator that you use, but usually, that’s something that people can do.
If you bought a SIM card before arriving in Croatia, yes. But, we recommend not doing it because it can deploy the mobile data, text messages, or phone calls that it comes with.
Yes. Actually, SIM cards and virtual SIM cards are cheaper options than other similar alternatives that people can find in the market.