There is no doubt that Bermuda is one of the most visited destinations for travelers who want to relax in these remarkable beaches. However, if you hope to enjoy your trip fully, you must remain connected to the internet. There are many alternatives to do so, like the eSIM card for Bermuda or international roaming service for Bermuda, which we are going to mention in this article.
To save some time and money, we have created this article where we will tell you how to activate roaming with different operators at this destination. However, you have to know that it is a pretty expensive option, so we recommend you try to avoid it. We will show you other alternatives at the end of this article.
- 1 Roaming in Bermuda from different operators: a comparison
- 2 How much does the roaming service cost from the main operators in Bermuda?
- 2.1 Roaming in Bermuda from AT&T
- 2.2 Verizon roaming in Bermuda
- 2.3 What’s the price of the T-Mobile roaming service in Bermuda?
- 2.4 Rogers roaming in Bermuda
- 2.5 Telus price for the roaming service in Bermuda
- 2.6 How much does it cost to connect to the internet in Bermuda with O2?
- 2.7 Roaming with Vodafone in Bermuda
- 2.8 Roaming in Bermuda with Three
- 2.9 Telstra price in Bermuda
- 2.10 Roaming in Bermuda with Optus
- 3 Roaming alternatives for Bermuda
- 4 How to activate roaming in Bermuda?
- 5 Roaming for other destinations:
Roaming in Bermuda from different operators: a comparison
We know that one of the most important aspects is the price, so, to help you make the decision that best suits your needs and budget, we have listed the price of each cellular operator in a comparison table that you can find below.
|Cellular operator||Cellular data / Internet|
|AT&T||$10/day (International Pass) – $2.05/MB|
|Verizon||10$/per day – 100$ (International Monthly Pass) – $2.05/MB|
|Three||$6 per MB|
How much does the roaming service cost from the main operators in Bermuda?
The price that cellular operators will charge you for their different services is going to vary depending on the operator. But they are pretty similar because they charge you for similar services. Even though, the price you will have to pay will be expensive.
Roaming in Bermuda from AT&T
This cellular operator’s roaming service offers Internet connection, calls, and SMS to any destination, including Bermuda. AT&T’s customers can choose between different options to use the roaming service.
First, customers can get the International Day Pass for only $10 per day. With it, instead of paying as you go, you’ll be able to use your phone and plan with unlimited high-speed data, calls, and text during your trip. On the other hand, with the pay-as-you-go service, you will be able to make use of roaming at the following rates:
- Calls: $3 per minute.
- Send texts: $0.50/message
- Send pictures and videos: $1.30/message
- Internet: $2.05
Verizon roaming in Bermuda
This company may not be well-known as AT&T. Still, it is such a great USA operator, and they offer roaming services to their customers through different options that offer different benefits depending on each plan or option.
In terms of plans, people will be able to get two different plans. With the International Travel Pass, people will have to pay $10 per day and will be able to enjoy unlimited services, but some domestic data allowance applies. Also, the second option is the International Monthly Pass which costs $100 per month. Finally, if you prefer to make use of the pay-per-use service, then the telephone services are priced as follows:
- Calls made: $1.79/minute
- SMS: $0.50.
- Internet: $2.05/MB.
What’s the price of the T-Mobile roaming service in Bermuda?
To connect to the internet with T-Mobile, you will need to have one of their Simple Gold Plans in order not to pay extra roaming fees. So if you have MAX and Plus plans, you will enjoy unlimited data and unlimited texting, and you will only have to pay for calls you make at $0.25 per minute during your trip.
However, if you currently have any other T-Mobile plan, you can add the World-Class Service to your line. With it, you can enjoy your roaming service for the following rates and prices:
- Calls made: $0.25/min.
- SMS: $0.50 per text.
- Internet: $15/MB.
Rogers roaming in Bermuda
This is a very popular Canadian carrier. So if you are a Rogers customer, you will be able to connect to the internet, make calls and send or receive messages through different options. With the Roam Like Home plan, people can use their plan’s minutes, texts & data for $15 per day. But travelers can also use the pay-per-use option, with the following prices:
- Call: $3 per minute
- Text: $0.75 per text
- Data: $15 per 10 MB
Telus price for the roaming service in Bermuda
Telus is another service that is also pretty well-known in Canada. The customers of this company can enjoy different ways of roaming to Bermuda. With the Easy roam plan, people will be able to enjoy data services from their plans, as well as unlimited calls and messages, for just paying $15 per day. On the other hand, people will also be able to use the pay-per-use option, with the following rates:
- Internet: $10 per MB.
- Calls: $3.50 per minute.
- Send SMS: $0.75 per text.
How much does it cost to connect to the internet in Bermuda with O2?
The prices of this operator to receive or make calls from the Caribbean are very specific, and they have an additional rate if they are for another part of the world. Thus, O2 customers who want to use O2 roaming for their trip to Bermuda will have to pay only $6 per day to enjoy its telephone services.
Roaming with Vodafone in Bermuda
On the other hand, Vodafone users who want to connect to the internet in Bermuda will have to pay the following price, VAT included:
- Calls made: $1.69/min + $1.21 for call establishment (VAT included)
- Received calls: $1.69/min + $1.21 for call establishment (VAT included)
- SMS Sent: $1.21 per message sent (VAT included)
- Received SMS: free
- Data: $6.05/MB (VAT included)
Roaming in Bermuda with Three
Three is another provider widely used in UK and Europe. So if you are a user of this company, and your next trip is to Bermuda, then you can make use of international roaming with the following prices:
- Calling a UK number: $2 per minute.
- Receiving calls from any number: $1.25 per minute
- Texts to the UK: $0.65 per text
- Data: $6 per MB
- Using voicemail: $2 per minute
Telstra price in Bermuda
With this operator, you won’t be able to use any cellular service for Bermuda because it does not have any roaming agreement with cellular providers in Bermuda.
Roaming in Bermuda with Optus
Finally, Optus is a cellular operator widely used in Australia. So if you are a customer of this company, then you can enjoy roaming services at the following prices:
- Calls made to locals: $1.90 per minute
- Calls made to other countries: $5.80 per minute
- Received calls: $1.65 per minute
- SMS: $0.55 for each SMS
- Data: $2 per MB
Roaming alternatives for Bermuda
As you could see, the price for international roaming is very high. So, in case you want to read about another option, we have listed some alternatives that are a little bit more accessible and have additional benefits, like the international eSIM card for Bermuda. You can also find it available for any other destination, like the eSIM card for Aruba or the eSIM card for the Caribbean.
Holafly eSIM cards for Bermuda
International eSIM cards are one of the traveler’s favorite options to avoid the high price of international roaming in the Caribbean. It is because, instead of paying for your consumption, you buy a data plan for an accessible price. It also has additional benefits, like free and instant shipping and more. But remember that your cellphone must be eSIM compatible.
To buy an eSIM card, you have to find an international eSIM card provider. Holafly is one of the best providers because of its accessible prices and benefits. It also offers eSIM cards for many destinations. Some of them are the eSIM card for Bermuda, the eSIM card for Aruba, or even the eSIM card for the Caribbean.
- You can buy it and activate it in less than a minute.
- 24-hour customer service and support.
- You can share your data with other devices.
- Keep your number.
- You won’t be able to make calls without using apps like WhatsApp or Skype.
- Your cellphone must be eSIM compatible. We recommend you check this on the eSIM-supported cellphones list.
Free Wifi in Bermuda
On the other hand, another cheap alternative is the public WiFi that you can find in public or private places, such as the park, malls, bus stations, or private places like a hotel or a restaurant, in which you will probably have to order something.
- Internet with no MB restrictions.
- You can find them in different places.
- It is not stable or fast.
- It is not safe. Your personal information can be easily stolen, such as your email accounts or passwords.
Renting a Pocket WiFi
Finally, you can rent or buy a Pocket WiFi. They are small WiFi routers that will let you and your friends connect to the internet on a private network. Such a great alternative if you are traveling with a big group of people.
- It offers a high amount of data.
- It is a portable device, so you can take it anywhere.
- If you lose it, you will have to pay for the replacement because the price doesn’t include insurance against loss or theft.
- You have to make sure you charge it because if it’s not, you won’t be able to use your data.
- It is more expensive than prepaid SIM cards for Bermuda.
How to activate roaming in Bermuda?
In case you decide to use the international roaming service, you can find below a list with a guide to activating the roaming service of each company:
- AT&T: Activate the roaming option through your cellphones settings.
- Verizon: Go to “Settings” on your device, press on the “Mobile/Cellular Data” option, and then press on the “Roaming” option.
- T-Mobile: call #RON# to activate it.
- Rogers: go to “Settings”, find the “Mobile/Cellular Data” menu, and then press on the “Roaming” option.
- Telus: you can activate it through the company website or send a message to 7626.
- O2: text O2TRAVEL to 23336.
- Vodafone: you can activate it from its website in the private area or it’s My Vodafone App
- Three: Go to your device’s settings, then go to the cellular data option and turn on the roaming.
- Optus: You can activate it through the My Optus app.