The eSIM card is a must-have if you are planning to be connected while you visit the capital city of the United States. In Washington, in the District of Columbia, you will find the White House, the Capitol, the Potomac River, and more. You will want to share all your experiences with your loved ones, and the eSIM card for Washington is one of the best ways to do it.
There are indeed many ways to connect to the internet in the United States, but having an eSIM is the best alternative. That’s the reason why, in this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about the eSIM card: how it works, where to buy it, prices, plans, characteristics, coverage, and more. Let’s begin!
- 1 eSIM card for Washington: how it works?
- 2 Where can I get my eSIM?
- 3 eSIM card for Washington: data plans and prices
- 4 eSIM card providers: a comparison
- 5 eSIM card for Washington: characteristics
- 6 Map coverage in Washington
- 7 Can I get an eSIM card from local operators?
- 8 Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Washington
eSIM card for Washington: how it works?
If it’s the first time you hear about this type of device, you have to know that it is a virtual SIM card with cellular data. It is designed to be used in a specific destination, and it has the following characteristics:
- It is a virtual device, so you won’t have to insert a physical card in your cellphone. All you have to do is to scan the activation code!
- It will let you avoid paying for expensive international roaming services.
- Some sellers may ask you to create a profile on their website or download an app, to manage the eSIM card.
- Each operator has a list of eSIM compatible cellphones since not all devices can support this new technology.
Where can I get my eSIM?
If you already checked that your cellphone is eSIM compatible, it’s time you know where you can buy your eSIM card for your trip. You can do it with eSIM cellular providers. Some main sellers are the following:
eSIM card for Washington: data plans and prices
You probably want to stick to your budget, so you have to know the data plans and their prices. This way you will be able to pick the eSIM card that best suits your needs. The price depends on each seller, the amount of cellular data, and the number of days.
Holafly eSIM card for Washington with unlimited data
- 5 days for $19.00 USD
- 15 days for $47.00
- 20 days for $54.00
- 30 days for $64.00
- 60 days for $84.00
YeSIM eSIM card for Washington: plans and prices
- 3 GB / 28 days for $47.00
KnowRoaming eSIM card for Washington: plans and prices
- 1 GB / 30 days for $4.43
- 5 GB / 30 days for $21.64
- 10 GB / 180 days for $49.18
- 20 GB / 90 days for $78.69
eSIM card providers: a comparison
|Seller||Data||Days||Price (USD)||Where to buy it?|
|Holafly||Unlimited data||30 days||$64.00||Web|
|Holafly||Unlimited data||90 days||$99.00||Web|
eSIM card for Washington: characteristics
The eSIM card has some characteristics that are important to keep in mind. They are the following:
- If your cellphones APN sets up automatically, you won’t have to do much to configure the eSIM.
- You can keep your WhatsApp number with your eSIM card, all you have to do is not configure this app with the new eSIM.
- Depending on the seller, you will be able to share your cellular data with other devices.
- You don’t have to take the SIM card out. The eSIM card is installed and works digitally.
- You can have more than one eSIM profile on the same device, but you can only use one at a time.
Map coverage in Washington
Something you have to know before buying your eSIM card is how much coverage it offers at the destination you are traveling to. It is imperative because if the coverage is not good, your connection won’t work properly. You should check with your seller, which is the domestic cellular provider with which they have a contract agreement for an internet connection.
You can take a look at the coverage maps below, for more information.
AT&T’s coverage map
T-Mobile’s coverage map
Verizon Mobile coverage map
Can I get an eSIM card from local operators?
If you want to get your eSIM card from local operators, you can do it. So, it is important you know who are the local operators. Since the technology of the United States is so advanced, most local operators offer 5G connections for the eSIM. Anyway, most of their products are aimed at residents and not travelers. The main operators are the following:
Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Washington
Yes. You have to do it, so your eSIM card has better coverage, and even though you have it activated, you won’t have to pay any additional price if you have already configurated the Holafly eSIM card.
Before you travel. You will need two screens, or you will have to print the QR code, so you can scan it with your cellphone. It is also necessary to be connected to the internet when you activate the eSIM. Anyway, you don’t have to activate the data plan before getting to your destination.
No. Since it has unlimited data, you can only use it on the cellphone where you install the eSIM card.
The Holafly eSIM card connects to the AT&T network, it is one of the most important operators in this country.