As a cheap destination, wonderful woods, and waterfalls, Vanuatu is a great place to spend your vacations if you want to live an adventure. There are many attractions and their culture is very interesting, so you probably won’t want to miss anything. And if it’s the first time you travel to this isle, you may not know how to connect to the International internet there.
In this article, we are going to tell you all you need to know about a new and great alternative known as the eSIM card with cellular data for Vanuatu. You will find all the information you need, the requirements to install it, the quality of coverage and so much more. This alternative will help you avoid the expensive prices of international roaming, and it will let you connect to the internet all the time. Let’s begin!
- 1 eSIM card for Vanuatu: what you have to know
- 2 eSIM card providers for Vanuatu
- 3 eSIM card providers for Vanuatu, data plans, and prices
- 4 Comparison table between eSIM card providers for Vanuatu
- 5 Characteristics of the eSIM card for Vanuatu
- 6 Coverage of the eSIM card for Vanuatu
- 7 Can I get my eSIM card from local operators?
- 8 Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Vanuatu
eSIM card for Vanuatu: what you have to know
The first thing you need to know is that since it is such a recent evolution of the regular SIM card, not all smartphones can support manage this technology yet. So, there are some requirements you must meet to buy and use the eSIM card:
- You are going to need an eSIM-compatible device, that can manage the eSIM card you are planning to buy. In most cases, providers are compatible with Apple devices, like iPhone XS and more recent models.
- You need an email account to receive the eSIM card after you make the purchase.
- Once you get to your destination, and you want to activate the eSIM card, you will have to connect to the internet to do it.
- Do not activate it before arriving at your destination.
- You will need a second screen to show the QR code and scan it with your cellphones’ camera.
- Some eSIM carriers may ask you to download their official app, to manage the eSIM card.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for the USA)
eSIM card providers for Vanuatu
Now that you have read about the requirements, you may want to know where to obtain this product. Well, it is very easy, you can get it from international eSIM card providers. They offer eSIM cards for any destination, and the Vanuatu isles are included. In most cases, the eSIM card won’t last longer than 2 months because they are aimed at travelers.
You can also get an eSIM card from local cellular carriers. But unfortunately, this service is not available for Vanuatu yet.
So, the international eSIM card providers are the following:
- Manet eSIM
Holafly stands out because of its great prices and the coverage it offers with Digicel, one of the best cellular operators in Vanuatu.
eSIM card providers for Vanuatu, data plans, and prices
Other aspects you may want to know are the prices and data plans these providers offer. This way, you will be able to compare them and pick the one that best suits your needs and budget. To help you with it, we have listed them below.
Holafly eSIM card for Vanuatu: data plans and prices
- 15 days with 6 GB at $44 USD
BNESIM eSIM card for Vanuatu: data plans and prices
- 1 GB for a month at $90
Manet eSIM card for Vanuatu: data plans and prices
- 3 GB for 30 days at $39
Comparison table between eSIM card providers for Vanuatu
|Provider||Data||Days||Price (USD)||Support||Where to buy it|
|Holafly||6GB||15||$44||Spanish, English, and more||Web|
|BNESIM||1GB||30||$90||English||Web, Play Store, App Store|
Characteristics of the eSIM card for Vanuatu
It is also important to read the characteristics of the product you are going to buy, so you can finally decide whether it is a great option for you or not. You can read below the list we have made, where we included the main characteristics of the eSIM card.
- International eSIM cards offer only mobile data, so if you want to make calls you will have to do it using cellular apps like WhatsApp or Skype.
- Some eSIM cards configure the APN automatically.
- When you install the eSIM card on your cellphone, your device will become a dual SIM phone, which means that you will be able to use both the eSIM and the traditional SIM card at the same time.
- You can install the eSIM card only once, so do not erase it if you experience any problem. Call your provider first.
- Some eSIM cards let you share your cellular data with other devices, like the Holafly eSIM card for Vanuatu.
- You can have more than one eSIM profile on your cellphone, but you can only use one at a time.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for Europe)
Coverage of the eSIM card for Vanuatu
One of the most important things you have to know about the eSIM card you are going to buy is the coverage it offers at your destination. Because if it is bad, then your connection will be bad too. You may run out of connection in some zones, or your connection will be slow.
To avoid having these problems, you have to make sure your provider connects to the best networks in Vanuatu. If it works with the Digicel network, then, your coverage will be great. The Holafly eSIM card connects to that network too.
Digicel 4G coverage map
Can I get my eSIM card from local operators?
As we already told you, you can get an eSIM card from a local operator at your destination. But, unfortunately, nowadays, there are no cellular carriers in Vanuatu that offer this product yet. So, the only way to buy an eSIM card now is with international providers like Holafly.
Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Vanuatu
In case you still have some doubts about it, you can read the frequent questions below.
The local eSIM card is aimed at residents. The international eSIM card from Holalfy or other providers is aimed at travelers, it is prepared to let you connect to the internet during your trip. So, the purchasing process is faster.
No, you don’t need it, but some providers may ask for your address.
Yes, the eSIM cards for this destination let you share your cellular data with other devices. Anyway, you should check this with your provider.
After installing the eSIM card you have to pick it as your cellular data provider, turn on the data roaming and that’s it.
Yes, just like traditional SIM cards, the eSIM card has an expiration date.