This destination located between South Africa and Mozambique is becoming one of the most visited African destinations. Its wonderful landscapes make it an irresistible place. But to make sure that you don’t miss anything during your trip to this place, you have to forget about international roaming and connect to the internet with an eSIM card with cellular data for Swaziland.
In case this is the first time you hear about this device, do not worry, in this article you are going to read all you need to know about the International eSIM card. Its requirements, advantages, characteristics, and more.
- 1 Requisites to install an eSIM card
- 2 eSIM card providers for Swaziland
- 3 eSIM card for Swaziland: data plans and prices
- 4 Comparison table between the data plans and prices
- 5 Characteristics of the eSIM card for Swaziland
- 6 Coverage of the eSIM card for Swaziland
- 7 What local cellular operators offer eSIM cards in Swaziland?
- 8 Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Swaziland
Requisites to install an eSIM card
Before you buy an eSIM card, you have to know that, given its recent innovative nature, there are some requirements you must meet to install and activate this product. You can read them below:
- Your cellphone must be eSIM compatible. You can read about this in our related article.
- It also has to be compatible with the eSIM card from your provider. Most providers are compatible with iPhone XS and more recent models.
- You need an active email account to receive the eSIM card.
- You have to be connected to the internet to activate the eSIM card.
- Do not activate the eSIM card before arriving at your destination.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for the USA)
eSIM card providers for Swaziland
If now that you have read about the requisites to install an eSIM card you, are interested in getting one, we are going to tell you where you can get this product. And it is from any of the international providers that offer an eSIM card for Swaziland. They do not offer eSIM cards that last more than 2 months, and the purchasing process is very simple. Local providers offer eSIM cards for longer stays, but their purchasing process is more complicated since their eSIM cards are aimed at residents.
The international providers for Swaziland are the following:
- eSIM plus
eSIM card for Swaziland: data plans and prices
We know that two of the most important aspects are the price and the data plans, so to help you decide which of the previous providers is the best for you, we have made a list and a comparison table, where you will be able to find all the information about the data plans and the prices of these providers offer. Hopefully, it will help you make the best decision.
You have to know that you also have to check the coverage you will have when you arrive at your destination with the eSIM card you choose. We will talk about this later.
Holafly eSIM card for Swaziland: data plans and prices
- 15 days, with 6 GB at $44 USD
Trifa eSIM card for Swaziland: data plans and prices
- 15 days with 3 GB at $61
eSIM Plus eSIM card for Swaziland: data plans and prices
- 30 days with 5 GB at $62
Comparison table between the data plans and prices
|Provider||Data||Days||Price (USD)||Support||Where to buy it|
|Trifa||3GB||15||$61||English||Web, App Store, Play Store|
|eSIM Plus||5GB||30||$62||English||Web, App Store, Play Store|
Characteristics of the eSIM card for Swaziland
Now that you have read about the prices, we are going to tell you more about the characteristics of the eSIM card, so you can learn more about the product you are planning to buy. You can read the list below:
- Most eSIM cards offer only international cellular data. So, you will have to make calls using apps like WhatsApp or Skype.
- You will be able to use both the eSIM and the traditional SIM card at the same time because your cellphone will become a dual-SIM phone.
- Additionally, you can have more than one eSIM card on your cellphone, but you can only use one at a time.
- Further, you can install it only once, so do not erase it if you encounter any problems. Call your provider first.
- Some providers will give you additional benefits, like Holafly, which lets you share your cellular data with other friends and family or even if you’re carrying a laptop!
- Since it is a virtual device, the shipping is free and immediate.
- You will need a second screen to show the QR code and scan it with your cellphone.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for Europe)
Coverage of the eSIM card for Swaziland
As mentioned before, another thing you have to consider is the coverage you will have when you arrive at your destination. It is very important because if the coverage is not good, your connection won’t be good either. What’s worse, you may end up without an International internet connection in some zones, or the connection will be lagging.
To avoid having these problems, you have to know to which local network you are going to connect to with the eSIM card you get. Sometimes, you can find this information in the characteristics section of the eSIM, or you will have to call your provider and confirm with customer support. If the eSIM card connects to the MTN network, then you’ll have an excellent quality connection, since it is one of the best cellular carriers at this destination. The Holafly eSIM card connects to that network.
MTN 4G coverage map
What local cellular operators offer eSIM cards in Swaziland?
Another alternative is to buy an eSIM card from local operators. Unfortunately, there are no local operators in Swaziland that offer this service yet. However, if you are still interested in getting a local eSIM card from another destination, you have to know that the purchasing process is more complicated because you have to show your passport or other IDs, and you have to buy a prepaid or postpaid data plan that includes an eSIM card.
Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Swaziland
No, it is not necessary, but some providers may need an address to give you the eSIM card. It can be the address of your hotel, for example.
It will depend on your provider. Some will let you do it, while others won’t. You can confirm directly with them.
The activation process will depend on your cellphone. But usually, you only have to scan the QR code that you receive in your email when you complete the purchase. Once you do it, you have to choose the eSIM card as the cellular data provider, turn on the data roaming, and that’s it.
You have to take into account two things: the amount of data you usually consume, and the number of days you are going to stay at your destination. This way, you will be able to pick the eSIM card that best suits your needs.