If you want to enjoy to the fullest your trip to Poland and its beautiful cities, such as Krakow or Warsaw, we recommend that you forget to use international roaming. Instead, use the new eSIM Poland to have internet during your stay in this country. This way you can connect to the internet at a much more reasonable price than with other options such as Pocket WiFi or the roaming service of your operator.
If you don’t know what eSIM Poland is, don’t worry! In Roaming, we will show you the features, requirements, and most importantly, the prices and plans offered by eSIM providers for your trip to this country. Let’s get started!
- 1 Requirements to install the eSIM Poland:
- 2 Cellular providers of eSIM cards to travel to Poland
- 3 Prices and data plans of eSIM providers to travel to Poland
- 4 Comparison of eSIM providers for Poland
- 5 Features of the eSIM to travel to Poland
- 6 Coverage of the eSIM to travel to Poland
- 7 T-Mobile 4G coverage map in Poland
- 8 Plus 4G coverage map in Poland
- 9 Local mobile operators offering eSIM in Poland
- 10 FAQ about eSIM in Poland
Requirements to install the eSIM Poland:
To start, we have to talk about the requirements that you need to meet to buy your eSIM. Although this product is becoming quite popular, the truth is that some smartphone manufacturers are not including eSIM technology in their mobile devices, so before buying an eSIM you need to check the following aspects:
- Have a smartphone with eSIM technology. Besides, you have to make sure that your smartphone is compatible with the eSIM provider you want to buy.
- You must have an email to register and receive your eSIM.
- During the activation process, you must have internet for the eSIM to download from the servers of the mobile network you use.
- In some cases, you will have to install an app from a provider to use or activate the eSIM.
- During the purchase process, some providers will ask you for a residence address.
Cellular providers of eSIM cards to travel to Poland
After checking the general requirements that you need to meet to buy your eSIM, we will present you with the international cellular providers from which you can buy your eSIM for your trip to Poland. These eSIM providers are oriented to the sale of eSIMs for tourism or business trips abroad. The providers are:
- Au by KDDI
Prices and data plans of eSIM providers to travel to Poland
Now that you know the international eSIM providers for your trip to Poland, we will present the prices and data plans of each of these eSIM providers to help you compare them and choose the best eSIM for your trip.
The price of eSIMs may depend on the amount of data included, the days of validity, and the coverage you have during your trip to this destination in Eastern Europe.
Holafly plans and prices in Poland:
- Unlimited data for 15 days at $47 USD
- Unlimited data for 30 days at $64 USD
TravelSIM prices in Poland:
- 5GB for 30 days at $51
Knowroaming plans to travel to Poland:
- 5GB for 30 days at $55
Au By KKDI prices in Poland:
- 5GB for 30 days at $51
Comparison of eSIM providers for Poland
|Provider||Data||Days||Price (USD)||Language||Sales channels|
|Holafly||Unlimited data||15||$47||Spanish, English, German, and French||Web|
|Holafly||Unlimited data||30||$64||Spanish, English, German, and French||Web|
|Au by KDDI||5 GB||30||$51||English||Web|
Features of the eSIM to travel to Poland
If you still have doubts about what an eSIM is, don’t worry, because in Roaming we will show you the main features that most of the eSIMs on the market have. We want to help you to know better what you are buying so you can get the most out of your eSIM during your trip.
- Most eSIMs only offer you data, so calls or SMS are not available. However, if you want to communicate by call with your loved ones, we recommend that you use apps like WhatsApp, Messenger, etc.
- eSIMs can only be installed once on your smartphone. If you have problems with your eSIM, don’t delete it before consulting your eSIM provider.
- Your iPhone or Android smartphone will become dual SIM because you can use the eSIM and your traditional SIM card simultaneously.
- You can add multiple data plans to your iPhone, but it’s only possible to use one at a time.
- You’ll be able to get eSIM plans with unlimited data.
Coverage of the eSIM to travel to Poland
When buying your eSIM to travel to Poland, you must make sure that the eSIM has good coverage in your destination. Because, although you can buy an eSIM at a fairly reasonable price, it’s most likely that this eSIM won’t have good coverage in Poland. This means that there will be areas where you can’t connect to the internet, or the connection you have is quite poor.
If you don’t want to experience this situation with your eSIM, we recommend you make sure that the eSIM you’re going to buy uses the mobile networks of the main operators in Poland. The main and largest operators in Poland are Orange, T-Mobile, and Plus. The latter is the only operator with 5G networks.
Therefore, if you use an eSIM that connects to the mobile networks of T-Mobile and Orange such as the eSIM Poland from Holafly, you will be able to enjoy good internet coverage during your trip. If you want to learn more, we invite you to take a look at the following mobile coverage maps.
Orange 4G coverage map in Poland
T-Mobile 4G coverage map in Poland
Plus 4G coverage map in Poland
Local mobile operators offering eSIM in Poland
Poland is a country that has been developing constantly. We can see this in the quality of their networks, which, in the case of the Plus operator, connect to 5G. In addition, the other operators that provide their services in this country are also expected to add 5G networks as well.
However, these advances in cellular internet don’t stop there, since, in addition to this, their operators also have the possibility of providing an eSIM to their users. However, these eSIMs are intended for local users in Poland, since it works in a way quite similar to a physical SIM card.
With the eSIM offered by local operators in this country, you’ll be able to access a Polish number to receive and make calls. If you are interested in buying this eSIM, you must bear in mind that you need to meet a series of requirements and conduct some procedures.
The cellular operators in Poland that can provide you with a local eSIM from Poland are the following:
FAQ about eSIM in Poland
If you have any doubts, then we will answer the most frequently asked questions that travelers usually have regarding their eSIM to connect to the internet in Poland.
It’s not necessary to present a passport to get this product. But some providers do require your address to give you the eSIM. Therefore, to buy this product you can show that you have a temporary residence address in Poland, such as a previously booked hotel.
This will depend on the features of the eSIM that you bought from your provider. You can do that with certain providers only.
The activation process will depend on the operating system of your smartphone. You must scan the QR code sent to your email after buying the eSIM and once you do this, you must choose it as the default means of cellular data, activate data, and roaming and your virtual SIM should now work.
There are two aspects that you must consider. The first is the amount of data you use frequently. The second is the days you will stay in Poland. Based on this information, you will be able to choose the best SIM card for your trip. This way you won’t run out of data, and your data won’t lose validity during your trip to Poland.
During your trip to Poland, you will have different options to connect to the internet. However, most of these alternatives are expensive and very inconvenient. Among these alternatives, you find the roaming service and Pocket WiFi.