Japan is a huge country. There’s no doubt that this is true, and travelers who want to visit the country, need to keep this in mind. There are many places to visit, and one of those cities, or more specifically, an island, is Okinawa. Getting to travel to Okinawa and being able to stay connected to an internet connection is crucial, and that’s why we need to talk about the eSIM for Okinawa.
So, if you intend to travel there soon, there are many things people need to keep in mind that will help them when visiting Okinawa. Definitely, there are countless things to see and visit in this place, just like when traveling to Kyoto, so people won’t get bored at all while on their trip there, which is something great.
For our readers in Roami, we have prepared a useful guide to help choose the best eSIM for Okinawa, so let’s dive in!
What you should know about the Okinawa eSIM card
When it comes to traveling to a place such as Okinawa, there are many beauties to witness. It is important to keep in mind different things about the eSIM to use there. Japan is known for having a huge number of islands in its territory, but Okinawa stands out from the rest of the alternatives to visit.
So, it’s better for tourists to prepare themselves when it comes to thinking about the Okinawa eSIM. That’s why it is important for people to know as much as possible about the eSIM they will use there, and about the features the eSIM will provide as well.
- Check that the device you are using is eSIM compatible before buying an eSIM.
- When buying an eSIM, it is necessary to have a valid physical and email address.
- To activate an eSIM, customers need to have a prior internet connection to complete the process.
- People might need to download an app to manage their eSIM, depending on the carrier they are using.
- There are companies offering unlimited data eSIMs.
For travelers, it is important to remember all of these features. Once in mind, travelers will be ready to use an eSIM when traveling to Okinawa and other cities in Japan.
Cellular providers of eSIM cards to travel to Okinawa:
When it comes to using an eSIM provider, there are different alternatives on the market. People won’t have to worry much about the different options there are available. Let’s take a look at the ones we recommend most.
Rates and data plans from eSIM providers to travel to Okinawa
For those trying to choose a proper eSIM provider, it’s necessary to have information about the different providers available. For everyone, this is must-know information that will help out to make the final choice.
Holafly is currently one of the most popular and preferred eSIM providers. When using an eSIM for Okinawa and other 100 various locations throughout the world, they have emerged as one of the most significant choices. It is undoubtedly among the best choices now on the market.
Of course, there is more to the Holafly eSIM than just how simple it is to get one and the functions it offers. It won’t take more than a few minutes for folks to buy one on the official website thanks to a seamless purchase flow. Choosing the finest data plan is undoubtedly the most challenging task due to the overwhelming possibilities!
Other than this, there is no need to worry about the eSIM because it comes with unlimited cellular data for Okinawa, and there is no restriction on how many eSIMs may be purchased.
Pros of Holafly’s eSIM for Okinawa:
- The Holafly eSIM data plans provide 4G speeds.
- Customers can buy as many eSIMs as they need.
- Holafly provides 24/7 customer support to their buyers.
- There are unlimited data plans in different countries.
Cons of Holafly’s eSIM for Okinawa:
- People can’t make phone calls.
- No SMS support with the eSIM.
- Data sharing is not available with some plans.
It is critical for individuals to keep a few things in mind when discussing GigSky. Although the company gives customers a variety of options, its strongest services are for short strips. People can, of course, select the preferred data plan from a variety that is offered.
It is crucial to mention that GigSky offers an app that enables users to manage everything from that digital location effortlessly.
Pros of GigSky eSIM:
- GigSky offers data plans for different locations.
- The GigSky eSIM is managed through an app.
- There are different data plans available for its customers.
- Offers in-flight data.
Cons of GigSky eSIM:
- Weaker coverage than other competitors.
- No SMS and phone calls are included.
- Higher price than its competitors.
Ubigi is our final option for folks who want to travel. Similar to other businesses, they provide various eSIMs and data plans based on the requirements of travelers. You shouldn’t be concerned that there aren’t enough options for individuals to keep connected when traveling. However, none of the eSIMs they supply have limitless data.
The benefit of Ubigi is that it offers a top-up service and a simple purchasing method. Even though some of its features could be improved, it nonetheless provides a full alternative.
Pros of Ubigi eSIM for Okinawa:
- The Ubigi eSIM offers cellular data top-up.
- Easy to complete the purchase process.
- A variety of data plans available.
Cons of Ubigi eSIM for Okinawa:
- No SMS or phone calls are included in the service.
- Higher prices compared to what the eSIM includes.
- It is necessary to sign up and create an account to use Ubigi.
Comparison of eSIM providers for Okinawa
|Holafly||Unlimited Data||5||$19||Spanish, English, German, French, and more||Web|
|Holafly||Unlimited Data||10||$34||Spanish, English, German, French, and more||Web|
|Holafly||Unlimited Data||15||$47||Spanish, English, German, French, and more||Web|
|Holafly||Unlimited Data||20||$54||Spanish, English, German, French, and more||Web|
|Holafly||Unlimited Data||30||$64||Spanish, English, German, French, and more||Web|
|Holafly||Unlimited Data||60||$84||Spanish, English, German, French, and more||Web|
|Holafly||Unlimited Data||90||$99||Spanish, English, German, French, and more||Web|
|GigSky||1GB||7||$14||English||Web, App Store, Play Store|
Features of the eSIM to travel to Okinawa
Let’s speak more about the features of the eSIM for individuals who are interested in using this service to travel to Okinawa. It’s quite important that everyone remembers the following because there are several considerations to make:
- People using traveling eSIMs should keep in mind that, typically, phone calls and text messages aren’t covered by the eSIM package.
- The eSIM cannot be transferred from one device to another. One device at a time is intended to use them.
- The majority of eSIMs will automatically activate the APN. However, it will vary per carrier.
- Customers can share cellphone data with some businesses. This varies according to the available data plan.
- SIM cards and eSIMs are capable of working on the same device at the same time. You shouldn’t be concerned that your SIM card won’t work while you’re abroad. Simply checking to make sure their SIM card isn’t using roaming services is all that’s required.
Mobile internet coverage map for travel to Okinawa
There are a few more things to keep in mind if you plan to visit Okinawa. People should be aware of the coverage maps provided by the local cellular carriers. So let’s discuss the many businesses that are present in Okinawa:
- Rakuten Mobile
- au by KDDI
- NTT DoCoMo
au by KDDI 4G coverage map in Okinawa
Rakuten Mobile 4G coverage map in Okinawa
NTT DoMoCo 4G coverage map in Okinawa
Local cellular operators offering eSIM in Okinawa
It’s safe to conclude that using an eSIM from an established company is a decent alternative when discussing options in Okinawa. However, not everyone is aware of how to obtain one or what to await. So let’s examine these companies’ services in detail.
eSIM Rakuten Mobile Okinawa
One of the most significant carriers in Japan is Rakuten. They provide eSIMs in addition to having a comprehensive coverage map for the entire country. It’s simple to use an eSIM from the company, at least for those who are currently Rakuten customers in Japan. People can request it online, and it will operate with the company’s various data plans.
The advantages of using an eSIM from Rakuten are something else to discuss, so let’s do that now.
Benefits of Rakuten eSIM in Okinawa
Let’s chat about it for those who are interested in learning more about the advantages that Rakuten offers. Rakuten provides its customers with a variety of advantages, much like other cellular carriers. So let’s examine what it offers for those that are curious:
- Rakuten’s eSIM includes access to cellular data, calls, and SMS.
- Online requests for an eSIM from Rakuten are accepted. There is no requirement to visit a store.
- Customers of Rakuten can manage their eSIM through the official Rakuten app.
- Once an eSIM has been activated, users can still use a SIM card.
How to activate a Rakuten eSIM in Okinawa.
Learning how to activate an eSIM becomes essential for anyone who wants to use it. People should be aware of how to complete this process because it may differ slightly. In this instance, a separate method is used to activate the Rakuten eSIM. However, it’s actually simpler than other eSIMs, so don’t worry.
The activation will occur either on the Rakuten app or website after people have ordered their eSIM online. Activating the eSIM requires completing a KYC check.
Although it is a little different from usual, there is no need to be concerned because everything is handled through the app, and individuals may obtain some kind of instruction.
FAQ about eSIM Okinawa
No. When using an eSIM, customers need to keep in mind that where they activate the eSIM is the device that will be used when traveling.
No. International eSIMs for traveling don’t allow people to top up cellular data. Therefore, it is better to use an eSIM with unlimited data.
No. When activating an eSIM, it is required for consumers to activate it using a prior internet connection. Otherwise, it won’t work.
No. Some companies have different activation processes, such as the case of Rakuten. Some others simply require people to scan the QR code they received by going to the “Mobile/Cellular Data” menu and completing the process there.
Yes. One of the main advantages when using an eSIM is the fact people can buy one from everywhere. Even though someone is traveling, the eSIM can be bought by having an internet connection.
Yes. But to achieve this, it will happen the same as with cellphones. These devices must be eSIM compatible or people won’t be able to use an eSIM.