Moldova has a lot of history, and even though it is one of the less visited countries in Europet, it is such a great option if you want to learn about the history of this old continent. It has many interesting places to visit, so it is very important to have International internet, so you can look for directions and much more. In this article, we are going to tell you all you need to know about the eSIM card for Moldova, an alternative that will hlep you forget about the expensive international roaming.
- 1 Requisites to install an eSIM card
- 2 eSIM card providers for Moldova
- 3 eSIM card for Moldova: data plans and prices
- 4 Comparison table between the data plans and prices
- 5 Characteristics of the eSIM card for Moldova
- 6 Coverage of the eSIM card for Moldova
- 7 What local cellular operators offer eSIM cards in Moldova?
- 8 Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Moldova
Requisites to install an eSIM card
The first thing you have to know about the International eSIM card is that, since it is a recent tech development in the consumer industry, there are some requirements you must meet to get an eSIM card. You can read them below:
- Make sure that your cellphone can support the eSIM technology. It has to be compatible with the eSIM card from your provider as well. Most providers are compatible with iPhone XS and onwards.
- You need an active email account to receive the eSIM card.
- You have to be connected to the internet to activate the eSIM card.
- Furthermore, you have to show the QR code on a second screen, to scan it with your camera.
- Do not activate the eSIM card before arriving at your destination.
- Some eSIM providers may ask you to download their official app to manage, activate, or buy the eSIM card.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for the USA)
eSIM card providers for Moldova
Now that you have read about the conditions to install an eSIM card, you may want to know which providers offer this device for international travelers. They are international eSIM card providers, which offer this product, with 1 or 2 months of usage.
You can also obtain an eSIM card from local providers in Moldova. Nowadays, Orange is the only local eSIM card provider at this destination. If you want to learn more about them, keep reading this article below.
These are the international eSIM card providers:
eSIM card for Moldova: data plans and prices
As a traveler, you probably want to know about the price of the available data plans, to pick the one that best suits your needs and budget. To help you with it, we have listed the data plans and prices of each company below, and we have prepared a comparison chart. Hopefully, it will help you make the best decision.
We recommend you also check the coverage. Knowing this information is very important as well, you can find it later in this article.
Holafly eSIM card for Moldova: data plans and prices
- 15 days with 6 GB for $44 USD
Orange eSIM card for Moldova: data plans and prices
- 4 GB at $20 + $20 for the eSIM card
Comparison table between the data plans and prices
|Provider||Data||Days||Price (USD)||Support||Where to buy it|
|Orange||4GB||30||$40||Rumanian||Web, App Store, Play Store|
Characteristics of the eSIM card for Moldova
In case you don’t know much about eSIM cards, we are going to tell you a little bit more about them. You can read below some of the main characteristics of the eSIM card for Moldova, so you can know how it works and more:
- The eSIM card offers only cellular data, so if you want to make calls you will have to do it using apps like WhatsApp or Skype.
- Once you activate the eSIM card your cellphone will become a dual-SIM phone. You will be able to use the eSIM and the traditional SIM card at the same time.
- You can have more than one eSIM profile, but you can only use one at a time.
- Furthermore, you can install the eSIM card only once, so do not erase it if you encounter any problem.
- Some providers offer additional benefits, like Holafly, which lets you share your cellular data with other devices.
- The shipping is free and immediate.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for Europe)
Coverage of the eSIM card for Moldova
As we already told you before, another important thing you have to know is the coverage you will have when you arrive at your destination. Because if the coverage is not good, your connection won’t be good either. You may end up without an internet connection in some areas, or it will be slow.
To avoid having these problems, make sure that the eSIM card you obtain connects to the networks of the best cellular operators at your destination. The Holafly eSIM card connects to Orange’s network, one of the best networks in the country.
Orange 4G coverage map
What local cellular operators offer eSIM cards in Moldova?
We have mentioned that the only local cellular carriers that offer eSIM cards is Orange. To get its products, you will have to go to a physical store and ask for a prepaid or postpaid data plan, that includes an eSIM card. Since it is a device that is aimed at residents, the purchasing process will be a little bit difficult for you because you are a traveler. During the purchase, the provider may ask for some ID such as your passport, and more.
Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Moldova
In case you have any doubts, we have listed below some of the frequent questions asked about the eSIM card for Moldova.
No, it is not necessary, but some providers may need an address to give you the eSIM card. It can be the address of your Hotel, for example.
It will depend on your provider. Some will let you do it, while others won’t.
The activation process will depend on your cellphone. But usually, you only have to scan the QR code that you receive in your email when you complete the purchase. Once you do that, you have to choose the eSIM card as the cellular data provider, turn on the data roaming, and that’s it.
You have to take into account two things: the amount of data you generally consume, and the number of days you are going to stay at your destination. This information will help you pick the eSIM card that best suits your needs.
There are many ways to connect to the internet during your trip. Some of them are very expensive or uncomfortable. International roaming service or Pocket WiFi are some alternatives.