Nobody likes to run out of the internet, but running out of the internet while you are in another country is one of the worst things that can happen. If you are traveling to a city like Los Angeles, and visiting iconic places like Hollywood, and Beverly Hills, you will need a good internet connection. Here in this article, we recommend you forget about international roaming and consider a new alternative: the eSIM card with unlimited data for Los Angeles.
If you know nothing about this new technology, don’t worry. We will tell you everything you need to know about the eSIM card, its characteristics, requisites, prices, data plans from different sellers, and so much more. Let’s begin!
- 1 Requisites to install an eSIM card for Los Angeles
- 2 Where can I buy an eSIM card?
- 3 Prices and data plans from these sellers
- 4 eSIM card prices and plans: a comparison
- 5 Characteristics of the eSIM card for Los Angeles
- 6 Coverage of the eSIM card for Los Angeles
- 7 Which local operators offer an eSIM card for Los Angeles?
- 8 Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Los Angeles
Requisites to install an eSIM card for Los Angeles
Before telling you about characteristics and prices, we want you to know about the requirements you must meet to get this product. Even though this product is becoming more popular daily, some devices still cannot support the eSIM technology yet.
You can read the requisites below:
- You will need an eSIM-compatible cellphone. You can read about it on Roaming’s page or the website of your seller.
- You must have an email account to receive the QR code for the eSIM activation.
- Need an internet connection to activate the eSIM card.
- Do not activate the eSIM card before getting to your destination.
- Depending on the seller, you will have to install mobile apps to use or activate the eSIM card.
- Some sellers may ask for some special information such as your address or cellphone number.
Where can I buy an eSIM card?
Once you make sure that you fit all the requisites, and that your cellphone is eSIM compatible, you have to know which sellers offer this technology for your trip to Los Angeles. The eSIM card of these sellers are aimed at short trips, so your card won’t last longer than 3 months.
- Au by KDDI
Prices and data plans from these sellers
If you want to respect your budget, you may want to know about the prices and plans, so you can choose the option that best suits your needs. To help you with it, we are going to show you the prices and the data plans, so you can compare them and pick the one you prefer.
The price may vary depending on the amount of data, the number of days, and coverage.
Holafly eSIM card for Los Angeles with unlimited data: prices
- 5 days, $19
- 15 days, $47
- 20 days, $54
- 30 days, $64
- 60 days, $84
KnowRoaming eSIM card: prices
- 5GB for 30 days at $50
Au By KKDI eSIM card: prices
- 5GB for 30 days at $43
eSIM card prices and plans: a comparison
|Seller||Data||Days||Price (USD)||Support||Where can I buy it?|
|Au By KKDI||5GB||30||$43||English||Web|
Characteristics of the eSIM card for Los Angeles
In case you have never heard about the eSIM card, or you want to learn more about it, we will show you below some of the main characteristics of the eSIM card. This way you will be able to decide if the eSIM card is good for you or not.
- Most eSIM cards offer only data, so if you want to make calls or send texts you will have to do it using mobile apps like WhatsApp or Messenger. Remember that these types of apps use so much mobile data.
- You can install the eSIM card only once after the purchase. So, if you have any problem, don’t erase it before calling the customer service of your seller.
- Once you have installed the eSIM card on your cellphone, it will become a dual SIM, so you will be able to keep using your traditional SIM card with the eSIM.
- You can have more than one data plan for your eSIM card, but you can only use one at a time.
Coverage of the eSIM card for Los Angeles
You must check the coverage you will have once you acquire your eSIM card. This aspect can affect the price. You can buy an eSIM card with so much data, but if its coverage is bad, you won’t have a great internet connection.
If you want to avoid this problem, you will have to check the Roaming accords your seller has with the mobile operators in Los Angeles. If your eSIM card uses the connection of the best mobile operators in this city your coverage will be great. If you don’t know them, they are the following: AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile.
The Holafly eSIM card uses the AT&T networks, so if you acquire its eSIM card you will enjoy a great internet connection during your trip!
4G AT&T coverage map in Los Angeles
T-Mobile 4G coverage map in Los Angeles
Which local operators offer an eSIM card for Los Angeles?
If you have to stay in Los Angeles for a long time, you may need an eSIM card from local operators. To get one of them, all you have to do is to visit the stores of any of the operators we will show you, or visit its website and see how to get a prepaid/postpaid eSIM card. You can also get a data plan for a traditional SIM card, and then change it from SIM card to an eSIM.
The local operators that offer this technology are the following:
- T-Mobile USA
Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Los Angeles
If you have any doubt, you can read below the answers to some of the most frequent questions about the eSIM card for Los Angeles.
No, it is not necessary. But some sellers may ask for your address to give you the eSIM. All you will need is a temporary address in Los Angeles, like a Hotel.
It will depend on the seller, some companies will let you do it, while others won’t.
The activation process will depend on your smartphone. Usually, you only have to scan the QR code you receive in your email. Once you do it, you pick the eSIM as the mobile data provider, turn on the data roaming and that’s it!
You must consider the amount of cellular data you require, and the number of days you are going to stay at your destination. Knowing this information, you will be able to pick the eSIM card that best suits your needs.