Brasilia is one of the most beautiful and visited cities on the American continent. To make sure you don’t miss any of its amazing landscapes, and tourist places, you will need a very good internet connection. You can do so with the new eSIM card for Brasilia. In this article, we are going to tell you all you need to know about this alternative, which will let you avoid the high roaming rate or the outragous prices for a Pocket WiFi.
If you want to learn more, keep reading this article where we will tell you about prices, how to buy it, how to activate and use it, and so much more!
- 1 eSIM card for Brasilia: what is it and how does it work?
- 2 eSIM card providers for Brasilia
- 3 Prices and data plans of the eSIM card for Brasilia
- 4 eSIM card for Brasilia: a comparison between the mobile operators
- 5 Characteristics of the eSIM card for Brasilia
- 6 Coverage of the eSIM card in Brasilia
- 7 Can I get my eSIM card from local mobile operators?
- 8 Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Brasilia
eSIM card for Brasilia: what is it and how does it work?
The first thing you need to know is what an eSIM card is. A crucial aspect is that, since it is such a new but trendy product, not all smartphones are compatible with this technology. The eSIM technology is a microchip inserted in your smartphone that simulates and emulates the operation of a SIM card with eSIM profiles. That’s the reason why we recommend you read the requirements before you get an eSIM card:
- Your smartphone should be eSIM-compatible.
- We also recommend you check the compatibility of the eSIM of the provider you choose and your smartphone. Most providers are compatible with iPhone XS and most recent models.
- You will need an email account to receive the eSIM card.
- Once you acquire the eSIM card, you will need a prior internet connection to activate it.
- You should do it when you arrive at your destination.
- Depending on your provider, you may have to install an official app to activate or manage the eSIM card.
- Other providers will ask for your address, and other information.
If your smartphone is not eSIM compatible, you can always get a traditional SIM card for Brasilia. Holafly offers this type of card with cellular data to use in Brasilia.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for the USA)
eSIM card providers for Brasilia
Now that you read about the conditions you must meet to get an eSIM card, we are going to show you where to buy it. You will read below about the international providers that offer this product. They only offer eSIM cards for travelers, so if you want to stay at your destination for a longer time, we recommend you get a local eSIM card for Brasilia from any of the operators we will show you later.
- Au By KKDI
Prices and data plans of the eSIM card for Brasilia
Two of the most important aspects are the prices and data plans that each company offers. You should know that it is not the only thing that matters, you have to know about the coverage too. But don’t worry, we will talk about that later on. Going back to the data plans and prices, we have prepared a list of all the prices and data plans of each company, to help you compare them and make the best decision.
Remember that some providers offer additional perks and benefits, like Holafly, which offers great coverage, the possibility of sharing your cellular data, and more.
Holafly eSIM card for Brasilia: prices and data plans
- 15 days, 6 GB, at $44
TravelSIM eSIM card for Brasilia: prices and data plans
- 5 GB for 30 days, at $51
Knowroaming eSIM card for Brasilia: prices and data plans
- 5 GB for 30 days, at $50
Au By KKDI eSIM card for Brasilia: prices and data plans
- 5 GB for 30 days, at $43
eSIM card for Brasilia: a comparison between the mobile operators
|Provider||Cellular Data||Days||Price ($)||Support in English?||Where can I buy it?|
|Au By KKDI||5GB||30||$43||Yes||Web|
Characteristics of the eSIM card for Brasilia
You already know about data plans and prices, it’s time you know about the things the eSIM card has to offer. We have listed some of the most important characteristics of the eSIM card, so you can learn more about it. Remember that not all providers offer the same benefits.
- In most cases, the eSIM card for travelers offers only cellular data, so if you want to make calls or send texts you will have to do it using apps like WhatsApp, Skype, Messenger, or FaceTime.
- On the other hand, the eSIM card is configured to work only once, so if you encounter any problem, do not erase it. Make sure you call your provider first and ask for help.
- Once you install it on your smartphone, your cellphone will become a dual-SIM phone. You will be able to use both cards at the same time.
- You can have more than one eSIM profile, but you can only use one at a time.
(You may be interested in Best eSIM for Europe)
Coverage of the eSIM card in Brasilia
As we already told you coverage is an essential aspect. If the provider’s coverage is not as good as you won’t be able to enjoy your data plan, since you will experience connectivity issues with it. You may go from having a low internet connection to ending up without a connection in some faw out places.
If you want to avoid these problems, we recommend you check the roaming contract agreements your provider has with the local operators. The best networks in Brasilia are the ones from the following operators: Vivo, Claro, and TIM. One of the providers that offer great coverage is Holafly, which connects to the networks of the operator Vivo.
4G Vivo coverage map
4G Claro coverage map
4G TIM coverage map
Can I get my eSIM card from local mobile operators?
If you are going to stay in this destination for a longer time, you will need an eSIM card from a local operator. To get one of them, all you have to do is to visit the local store of any cellular operator and ask for a prepaid or postpaid data plan and an eSIM card. Remember that you will have to show some ID to buy it, such as your passport.
You can also acquire an eSIM card and a data plan through an online store, but it can be a little bit complicated, and you won’t have customer services available all the time.
The local operators that offer an eSIM card for Brasilia are the following:
Frequent questions about the eSIM card for Brasilia
No, it is not necessary to show your passport to buy an eSIM card. But some sellers may ask for your address. So, you may need a temporary address in this destination, such as a hotel.
It will depend on your provider, some will let you do it, while others won’t have the option available.
It will depend on your smartphone, but usually, all you have to do is to scan the QR code you receive in your email. Once you do it, you have to pick the eSIM card as the cellular data provider, turn on the data roaming, and that’s it! Easy peasy!
There are two important aspects you should know: the amount of cellular data you generally use, and the number of days you are going to remain at your destination. This way you will be able to pick the eSIM card that best suits your needs.
Other alternatives will let you connect to the internet during your trip, but some of them can be very expensive or uncomfortable, such as international roaming or Pocket WiFi.